Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 125

Thread: Republicans ask for spending cuts with debt ceiling bill, blame 'unchecked government

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49,590
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    his plan was a 10 year plant, GDP growth would have more than made up for tax cuts, now the big spend democrats are back to run us in the ground
    i got no problem with tax cuts, but don't ignore that trump AND the republicans spent TRILLIONS and didn't miss a fucking beat about it
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  2. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 537 Times in 455 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 67 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    i got no problem with tax cuts, but don't ignore that trump AND the republicans spent TRILLIONS and didn't miss a fucking beat about it
    democrats are spending a lot more bitch

  3. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49,590
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    democrats are spending a lot more bitch
    and THAT must make it all better, right? NO!!!! so sit down and shut up, junior
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  4. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 537 Times in 455 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 67 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    and THAT must make it all better, right? NO!!!! so sit down and shut up, junior
    make me bitch....

  5. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,013
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 577 Times in 447 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 35 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    You obviously didn’t read the articles. Your supposed tax cut will expire, the tax cut for the rich, doesn’t. The tax cut for the rich will continue to increase the deficit, just as they have in the past.

    The Democrats represent me, as the middle class, more than the Republican’s policies ever have.
    that's bullshit, anyone with a 401k plan should have almost made up for the terrible Obamacare plan from the previous administration that is still driving up the debt. Tax cuts mean more money to invest, Obamacare meant money for retirement went toward healthcare. The Democrats only cave to minorities at election time.

  6. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,013
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 577 Times in 447 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 35 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    i got no problem with tax cuts, but don't ignore that trump AND the republicans spent TRILLIONS and didn't miss a fucking beat about it
    Obamacare was much of that balance, as were other liberal policies that raped the middle class

  7. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    14,645
    Thanks
    704
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,753 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,639 Times in 1,511 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    Republicans ask for spending cuts with debt ceiling bill, blame 'unchecked government
    Clinton was actually able to buy up debt, and have a surplus. Republicans forget about the deficit whenever they are in power, and push up the deficit to unbelievable levels. Then they suddenly remember it again when Democrats come to power, and try to get things under control.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

    guno (07-23-2021), no worries (07-24-2021)

  9. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    36,313
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 15,792 Times in 11,008 Posts
    Groans
    4,326
    Groaned 3,561 Times in 3,309 Posts

    Default

    Look at the presidents since Reagan. The reds all jacked the debt up astronomically while claiming financial conservatism. Words do not supplant deeds. They are spenders who cut taxes to the wealthy while cranking up spending, mostly on the military. They settled in military spending because both right and left can be convinced it is right. It is not. Guns not butter was Ikes warning. The long-term plan for America that the super-wealthy are masterminding is working well.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

    guno (07-23-2021), LV426 (07-23-2021), no worries (07-24-2021)

  11. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,013
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 577 Times in 447 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 35 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Clinton was actually able to buy up debt, and have a surplus. Republicans forget about the deficit whenever they are in power, and push up the deficit to unbelievable levels. Then they suddenly remember it again when Democrats come to power, and try to get things under control.
    Obamacare drive the deficit for all future presidents

  12. The Following 2 Users Groan At MAGA For This Awful Post:

    no worries (07-24-2021), Nordberg (07-23-2021)

  13. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    14,645
    Thanks
    704
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,753 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,639 Times in 1,511 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    Obamacare drive the deficit for all future presidents
    Obamacare reduces the deficit, because more medical costs are paid for by insurance.

  14. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    29,623
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14,090 Times in 8,973 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,436 Times in 2,266 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ding-inflation

    Not that it makes any difference with Democrats focused on "Free stuff"
    Always comical when a Repbulican now starts screaming about deficits and debt when for the last four years they approved nothing but spending and deficits, very similar to the rant they regurgitated when Obama took office after four years of free spending under Bush. Quite apparent that GOP principles regarding deficits and debts is defined solely by who occupies 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

    That ship has sailed

  15. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,013
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 577 Times in 447 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 35 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Always comical when a Repbulican now starts screaming about deficits and debt when for the last four years they approved nothing but spending and deficits, very similar to the rant they regurgitated when Obama took office after four years of free spending under Bush. Quite apparent that GOP principles regarding deficits and debts is defined solely by who occupies 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

    That ship has sailed
    most of their spending is on things like Obamacare, the gift that will keep giving us more and more deficit

  16. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,013
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 577 Times in 447 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 35 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Obamacare reduces the deficit, because more medical costs are paid for by insurance.
    that's bullshit, they hardly pay for anything, they used to before that shit legislation was passed

  17. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2,013
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 577 Times in 447 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 35 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Look at the presidents since Reagan. The reds all jacked the debt up astronomically while claiming financial conservatism. Words do not supplant deeds. They are spenders who cut taxes to the wealthy while cranking up spending, mostly on the military. They settled in military spending because both right and left can be convinced it is right. It is not. Guns not butter was Ikes warning. The long-term plan for America that the super-wealthy are masterminding is working well.
    false, Obamacare alone will never show a savings, only more deficits, in other words more free shit for people that won't lift a finger to help themselves

  18. #30 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    22,659
    Thanks
    3,735
    Thanked 13,531 Times in 8,319 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,603 Times in 2,359 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    when repukes start being just as concerned about revenue cuts as they are about tax cuts they'll have some credibility. how is any budget going to work when you increase expenditures and cut revenues at the same time

Similar Threads

  1. The GOP Only Cares About the Debt Ceiling When Spending Goes Toward the People
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2021, 07:43 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-24-2019, 06:06 AM
  3. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-17-2018, 07:37 AM
  4. House leader says no debt ceiling increase without spending cuts
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
  5. Obama and Democrats, Not Republicans, Need to Answer for Debt Ceiling
    By Rationalist in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 10:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •