Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore police requesting 100 federal officers

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default Baltimore police requesting 100 federal officers

The Baltimore Police Department is requesting federal police officers to combat violent crime in the city.

"The ask is for federal agents to come help us," Baltimore police Commissioner Michael Harrison explained this week, according to WBAL-TV.

"Certainly, police officers will answer citizens calls for service. But I think what the bigger picture meant is federal agents will be on the streets of Baltimore. Not specifically patrolling, but on the streets helping, working side by side with police officers to help fight violent crime."

The federal government has yet to agree to the plan but it is believed that up to 100 officers, many from the ATF and U.S. Marshall’s office would be sent to assist Baltimore police.

It was also revealed via court testimony this week that Baltimore’s police department is facing a severe shortage of police officers. The department currently has 600 vacancies which includes 392 officers and 14 detectives.

Baltimore is on track for 300 homicides for the seventh year in a row and is expected to experience 1,000 shootings by the end of the year.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/baltimore...-violent-crime

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

defund this. fucking idiots.
    Baltimore has lost almost 1/2 it's population since I grew up there, but homicides are insanely out of control.

It's a war zone in some places. Idiot Dems cant run cities

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (07-25-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    defund this. fucking idiots.
    Baltimore has lost almost 1/2 it's population since I grew up there, but homicides are insanely out of control.

It's a war zone in some places. Idiot Dems cant run cities
    fuck you. what does the political party have to do with too many fucking guns being in the hands of too many people?

5. The Following User Groans At Hoosier Daddy For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (07-25-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    fuck you. what does the political party have to do with too many fucking guns being in the hands of too many people?
    ROFL.. fist off it's called leadership,and it aint about "too many guns" it's because criminals are emboldened
    and police dont actively fight crime.
    Plus the fact Baltimore like New York has lost a ton of cops

Police no longer patrol in bad neighborhoods -they respond to 9-11 calls, but active jacking up suspects is gone
    Then the courts release the bad guys -same as St, Louis, and Chicago

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ROFL.. fist off it's called leadership,and it aint about "too many guns" it's because criminals are emboldened
    and police dont actively fight crime.
    Plus the fact Baltimore like New York has lost a ton of cops

Police no longer patrol in bad neighborhoods -they respond to 9-11 calls, but active jacking up suspects is gone
    Then the courts release the bad guys -same as St, Louis, and Chicago
    you are a fucking moron. 75% of murder victims knew who shot them. they were not killed in the commission of a crime. HOW CAN COPS STOP THOSE MURDERS, YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT?

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you are a fucking moron. 75% of murder victims knew who shot them. they were not killed in the commission of a crime. HOW CAN COPS STOP THOSE MURDERS, YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT?
    I question those stats since you dont cite for Baltimore.
    That might be true nationwide including rural areas -but not big city gang bangers

It's called active community policing. You are too stupid to understand - you still think guns kill people
    People kill people.

In Baltimore's case a lot of it is also turf battles over drugs ( so called corner boys).
    Cops use to patrol and pull up dealers - now they dont even bother arresting if they see hand to hand transactions.
    It's out in the open. Of course drug legalization would stop associated crime like burglaries
    and robberies -but that's a difernt conversation

The other problem is police are demonized,and are leaving Dem cities in droves.
    Thanks to you morons and "defund the police" and calls to end qualified immunity

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

were there guns in Baltimore before they defunded the police?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

it would not be surprising if gang members knew the members of the rival gangs......murder is still a crime.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    it would not be surprising if gang members knew the members of the rival gangs......murder is still a crime.......
    read his post again. he's claiming "knowing "and "during the commission of a crime" It's pure BS

Gang members go by colors and tats, and hand signals

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

read his post again. he's claiming "knowing "and "during the commission of a crime" It's pure BS

Gang members go by colors and tats, and hand signals
    around here most of the killings are retaliatory.......drive bys of houses of gang members, shootings when they find each other at nightclubs or bars, attacks at funerals for the people who got shot at the funerals for those who had been shot the week before........they may not know them apart from names like CoolPop or CornHole, but they know them......

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default What the hell is going on in DC?

hursday night’s shooting on 14th Street was just the latest shocking crime to occur in a well-populated and upscale area of DC. Three people were shot and wounded just outside of Nationals Park during a heavily attended baseball game last week. In March, two teenagers attempted to carjack an Uber driver with a stun gun in the Navy Yard neighborhood, resulting in the driver’s death. There has been a 141 percent increase in carjackings in DC compared to last year. Many of them are violent and occur in broad daylight. Homicide and shooting rates are also up significantly in the nation’s capital this year.

The left will blame this rise in crime on the alleged proliferation of firearms — Jen Psaki did just that today. They will not tell you that DC already has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, or that the recent shootings that wounded innocent bystanders appeared to be gang-related. Their response to this rise in crime will be to crack down on legal gun owners and manufacturers. President Joe Biden recently suggested allowing people to sue gun-makers for liability when someone uses one of their firearms to commit a crime. This approach will do little to stop the crime surge that is occurring in DC and in other major cities across the country.

Conservatives who are unfamiliar with DC’s local politics might be quick to blame Mayor Muriel Bowser. But Bowser, while loathsome in many ways, is generally supportive of the Metropolitan Police Department. DC’s police budget went down in 2021, but mainly because so many officers left the force last year. Bowser recommended hiring 135 new officers to replace them; in 2020 she proposed a budget increase for the police. The Defund the Police movement in DC is actually being pushed by the DC Council, which wants to redirect police funding to social workers and reduce the number of officers on the force.
    https://spectatorworld.com/topic/hel...ootings-crime/

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

The Baltimore Police Department is requesting federal police officers to combat violent crime in the city.

"The ask is for federal agents to come help us," Baltimore police Commissioner Michael Harrison explained this week, according to WBAL-TV.

"Certainly, police officers will answer citizens calls for service. But I think what the bigger picture meant is federal agents will be on the streets of Baltimore. Not specifically patrolling, but on the streets helping, working side by side with police officers to help fight violent crime."

The federal government has yet to agree to the plan but it is believed that up to 100 officers, many from the ATF and U.S. Marshall’s office would be sent to assist Baltimore police.

It was also revealed via court testimony this week that Baltimore’s police department is facing a severe shortage of police officers. The department currently has 600 vacancies which includes 392 officers and 14 detectives.

Baltimore is on track for 300 homicides for the seventh year in a row and is expected to experience 1,000 shootings by the end of the year.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/baltimore...-violent-crime
    Them blood-thirsty inner-city blacks couldn't care less if they're up against regular police officers or federal agents. They'd probably like it even better if federal agents were policing them, seeing how they've got the federal government in their hip pocket.

What we need is for the military to go into the worst crime-infested cites of our country and to go to war with them devils. Kill every God-damned one of them, and confiscate their weapons. And the ones that aren't killed, lock um up. That's how wars are won.

But, sad to say, it'll never happen.
    We whites have given our beloved America to the lawless blacks, and they will eventually destroy our nation by violence and by every other means necessary.

"Thus with violence shall Mighty Babylon (America) be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. (Revelation 18:21)

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I question those stats since you dont cite for Baltimore.
    That might be true nationwide including rural areas -but not big city gang bangers

It's called active community policing. You are too stupid to understand - you still think guns kill people
    People kill people.

In Baltimore's case a lot of it is also turf battles over drugs ( so called corner boys).
    Cops use to patrol and pull up dealers - now they dont even bother arresting if they see hand to hand transactions.
    It's out in the open. Of course drug legalization would stop associated crime like burglaries
    and robberies -but that's a difernt conversation

The other problem is police are demonized,and are leaving Dem cities in droves.
    Thanks to you morons and "defund the police" and calls to end qualified immunity
    bullshit. most murders are crimes of passion and cops cannot stop them. you are a fucking moron. the less guns on the street, the less gun related violence- DUH!!!!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Micawber (07-25-2021)

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,971 Times in 14,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Defunding the police is the most stupid idea the dummycrats have ever had. Better training at conflict resolution and a higher pay to attract a better quality candidate makes MUCH more sense.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hm. Sounds like you justify murder if the victim knows who shot them. You're a very strange person.