Thread: "Do We Have A House Ni##er In Here?"

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    House N*word is what you describe as Uncle Tom. It’s the same thing. It’s highly offensive. We talk about the need to eliminate white supremacy but what is white supremacy if not saying black people can only think one way or they aren’t really black? And it is a term for people they don’t like, I.e. people who think different politically or even blacks who are democrats but still take heterodox views on various racial issues.
    I seldom hear white ppl use those phrases; they are used by ppl of color to describe each other in negative ways, same as they use the n-word. But if whites use it, it's offensive.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    "Uncle Tom" isn't a euphemism for "black people they don't like." It's a specific term referring to a subservient black person who sucks up to his oppressors (owners in the book). "Thug" is the term you're thinking of, that white ppl who don't want to be called out for using the n-word use. In other words, it's a dog whistle to their fellow racists.
    I previously missed the last part of what you wrote here. I was not thinking of thug at all. I am definitely aware it can be used as a euphemism for the n*word.

People like TDAK, CFM, etc. don't go around calling people House N*words. They just call them straight up n*words. House N*word has a specific meaning and its akin to Uncle Tom.

I will say, to me, white people using Uncle Tom is the basically the same as white people saying thugs. You say Uncle Tom because you can't say House N*word.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I seldom hear white ppl use those phrases; they are used by ppl of color to describe each other in negative ways, same as they use the n-word. But if whites use it, it's offensive.
    Not that this board is proxy for anything but on this board all the time white people use the phrase Uncle Tom. It was even used in this thread.

This (black) author only speaks for himself but this was in the WaPo several years back:

Dear white people: Stop using the term ‘Uncle Tom’

You don’t get to decide who’s a race traitor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...f9d_story.html

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I'm deaf.
    Fair enough, bad example although I never actually heard this myself just read about it. Just offering an example of its use outside the political spectrum.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fair enough, bad example although I never actually heard this myself just read about it. Just offering an example of its use outside the political spectrum.
    Yeah. I am aware that black politicians get called many times, regardless of their political party. Like that senator that got called "Uncle Tom" because he suck up to the GOP.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

That’s your opinion which you are entitled to but doesn’t mean it’s correct. But it still gets used on minorities who vote Democratic but take contrarian positions on racial issues.

Black SF Board of Education member Allison Collins made national news recently when her 2016 tweet calling Asians House n*words because they supported white supremacy by basically studying hard and supporting Lowell High School’s merit based system. Based on statistics there are very few Asian Republicans in SF. Yet here they are as white supremacy supporting house n*words
    Strange. I don't know the context of that story, but when you say something like "by basically studying hard" then I am dubious.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

I previously missed the last part of what you wrote here. I was not thinking of thug at all. I am definitely aware it can be used as a euphemism for the n*word.

People like TDAK, CFM, etc. don't go around calling people House N*words. They just call them straight up n*words. House N*word has a specific meaning and its akin to Uncle Tom.

I will say, to me, white people using Uncle Tom is the basically the same as white people saying thugs. You say Uncle Tom because you can't say House N*word.
    fuck you. uncle tom is accurate for some black guys- like Justice Clarence Thomas, for example. dumbass. nobody says house n- except stupid fuck crackers like you, boy.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Strange. I don't know the context of that story, but when you say something like "by basically studying hard" then I am dubious.
    It made national news and there was an attempted recall of her once these tweets resurfaced during the #stopAsianhate movement. It's an interesting story. Her specific quote was Asian-Americans use white supremist thinking to assimilate and get ahead.

Lowell is the top public high school in San Francisco. It is merit based and is 82% P.O.C. It's also a majority Asian. According to Collins' there was an anti-black attitude among Asian students at the school which was the genesis of her tweet storm where she called Asians House N*words.

From a San Francisco perspective most people with money send their kids to private school. If you don't have money Lowell was your best educational opportunity. The school is the pride of the City and for kids coming from economically disadvantaged backgrounds it was their stepping stone to a much better life. It also has low number of black and Hispanic students.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

That’s your opinion which you are entitled to but doesn’t mean it’s correct. But it still gets used on minorities who vote Democratic but take contrarian positions on racial issues.

[B][SIZE=4]Black SF Board of Education member Allison Collins made national news recently when her 2016 tweet calling Asians House n*words because they supported white supremacy by basically studying hard and supporting Lowell High School’s merit based system. Based on statistics there are very few Asian Republicans in SF. Yet here they are as white supremacy supporting house n*words
    i know you are dim and stupid and racist, which all go together, but a black person using the term house nigger is not racist, stupid shit clown. she should not have used it, but she was not a school board member when she did use it, and she is BLACK...get it, stupid?

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    Well, he just terminated his political career.

Why is the Far Right so racist?

In Alabama, as with all trumpkins, racist politicians are desirable. He put out a statemen today, with no remorse. He says he might run for mayor. The current black mayor and he have quite an inflammatory relationship
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-21-2021)

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bet he gets another term.
    Guaranteed. See above
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-21-2021)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Culturally and psychologically, southern white men of his age probably have the N word consistently on the tip of their tongue, and they are in a constant struggle to keep from letting it slip out
    I agree, but this was no slip.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah. I am aware that black politicians get called many times, regardless of their political party. Like that senator that got called "Uncle Tom" because he suck up to the GOP.
    I think it's a term that goes far beyond politicians. I will say outside of Bill Maher calling himself a house n*word, I don't know if I've ever heard a white person say it. Heard white people use the N*word, but not this.

I'm actually curious what this guy was thinking. If you're going to call someone a n*word then I assume you just call them that. House n*word has a specific meaning. Why would he use this instead of just straight up n*word? Weird.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-21-2021)

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think it's a term that goes far beyond politicians. I will say outside of Bill Maher calling himself a house n*word, I don't know if I've ever heard a white person say it. Heard white people use the N*word, but not this.

I'm actually curious what this guy was thinking. If you're going to call someone a n*word then I assume you just call them that. House n*word has a specific meaning. Why would he use this instead of just straight up n*word? Weird.
    Yeah it's weird. Why not just say "Uncle Tom"? That's less offensive.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah it's weird. Why not just say "Uncle Tom"? That's less offensive.
    Without knowing this guy or the Mayor the assumption seems to be he's on the right politically and the Mayor's on the left. With those dynamics why would he call him a House n*word (or even Uncle Tom)? It doesn't make sense.