Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Kevin McCarthy’s picks for the Jan. 6 panel make clear he wants to continue the cover

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Did you read the Senate report?
    Did they use sworn testimony by Mr Trump?

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

[SIZE=3]Any idiot already knows the answer to many of those questions.
    Are you sure? You don't seem to.

ou obviously did not read the Senate report or the information about those charged with crimes or you would already know.
    Here's the Senate Report, Flash...show your work: https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/med...itolAttack.pdf

Show us where in that Senate Report it explains any of the points I raised.

And here's a portal to every single indictment and charge levied against the terrorists from that day, show your work: https://seditiontracker.com

I don't believe you've read the Senate Report, nor do I believe you've read a single page of any of the indictments against the insurrectionists that day.

You lazily say 'many' of those issues have been addressed, but you don't say which issues, how many, and where they were addressed because you haven't done that work.

This is where everything always ends up with you...your unabashed and entitled laziness.
    Last edited by LV426; 07-22-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you want want to prolong media attention to the topic.
    So then you're saying the insurrection was political...so since it was political, which political party made it so?

You seldom want to really know anything unless you can make partisan points with it.
    Now you're just projecting your own worst instincts and compulsions onto me.

You are the one who makes everything partisan, Flash, when you hyperbolically blame bOtHsIDeS because your lizard brain needs the security of balance due to your binary thinking.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Flash doesn't want to find out why panic buttons were removed from the offices of Democrats.
    If you really want to know although the truth is not sinister or conspiratorial enough for you:
    Opinion: One mystery involving the insurrection may be close to getting solved

"But it turns out there may be a less sinister explanation.

A Democratic aide to the House Administration Committee, which is examining the matter, tells me that the preliminary belief is that it might have been a mistake. He emailed:

A preliminary investigation suggests that Pressley’s office was inadvertently placed on the Architect of the Capitol move list, and a vendor wrongly removed their duress buttons through a clerical screw-up.
    The aide added that “it is likely relevant” that Pressley took over the office of former congresswoman Katie Hill (D-Calif.) in an office swap at the beginning of the last Congress. Hill subsequently resigned amid an ethics investigation, which may have erroneously placed that office (despite its having been traded to Pressley) on a list to be emptied out at the end of the last Congress."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...etting-solved/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-22-2021), Phantasmal (07-22-2021)

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

DID YOU?

Here's the link, maybe you can point out where it says the things you say it does.

Show your fucking work.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you really want to know although the truth is not sinister or conspiratorial enough for you:
    Opinion: One mystery involving the insurrection may be close to getting solved

"But it turns out there may be a less sinister explanation.

A Democratic aide to the House Administration Committee, which is examining the matter, tells me that the preliminary belief is that it might have been a mistake. He emailed:

A preliminary investigation suggests that Pressley’s office was inadvertently placed on the Architect of the Capitol move list, and a vendor wrongly removed their duress buttons through a clerical screw-up.
    The aide added that “it is likely relevant” that Pressley took over the office of former congresswoman Katie Hill (D-Calif.) in an office swap at the beginning of the last Congress. Hill subsequently resigned amid an ethics investigation, which may have erroneously placed that office (despite its having been traded to Pressley) on a list to be emptied out at the end of the last Congress."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...etting-solved/
    It being discovered by a Democrat aide and not a criminal investigation shows that a House committee investigation will be a good thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

LV426 (07-22-2021)

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you really want to know although the truth is not sinister or conspiratorial enough for you
    OK, so this is a great window into how unethically Flash conducts himself on JPP (and probably elsewhere).

You claimed that my points had already been addressed, but then when asked to show your work, you give me an Op-Ed that most certainly DOESN'T answer any questions, but rather poses a theory.

One mystery involving the insurrection may be close to getting solved
    But it's not solved, this Op-Ed you're using is from February.

What month is it now, Flash?

Has this been solved?

Obviously not because you would have posted the follow up.

If one of your fake students turned in research this fucking sloppy, would you have given them a passing grade?

Do you hold yourself to the same standards you hold everyone else? Obviously not.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It being discovered by a Democrat aide and not a criminal investigation shows that a House committee investigation will be a good thing.

"people are saying...." Funny how Flash talks like Trump. But, you know, Flash does not support Trump.

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Preliminary", "suggests"...these are not words someone uses when they solve something, right Flash?

Also, how did her office end up on that list in the first place? Tell me more about this "clerical screw-up"? How did that happen and why did it only happen to Pressley?

Don't you think that warrants an investigation or are you satisfied by the ambiguity?

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    "Preliminary", "suggests"...these are not words someone uses when they solve something, right Flash?

Also, how did her office end up on that list in the first place? Tell me more about this "clerical screw-up"? How did that happen and why did it only happen to Pressley?

Don't you think that warrants an investigation or are you satisfied by the ambiguity?
    Good on you for rational debate. I get tired of people like Flash.

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Good on you for rational debate. I get tired of people like Flash.
    I think Flash is a great poster, but that’s just my opinion. I enjoy my exchanges with them.

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

Do you mean the one that starts out with this?
    On January 6, 2021, the world witnessed a violent and unprecedented attack on the U.S.
    Capitol, the Vice President, Members of Congress, and the democratic process. Rioters,
    attempting to disrupt the Joint Session of Congress, broke into the Capitol building, vandalized
    and stole property, and ransacked offices.
    The report that then goes on to state its only purpose was to investigate the security and intelligence failures. It never even looked at the causes for the attack. It would be like looking at the 9/11 attacks and only looking at the failures in airline security. The 9/11 commission did a real investigation which included looking at Al Qaeda and Bin Laden and the events leading up to the attack on 9/11. A real investigation would look at the events leading up to the 1/6 attack and explore the reasons why those persons that committed "a violent and unprecedented attack on the US Capitol" did what they did that day.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

LV426 (07-22-2021)

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Do you mean the one that starts out with this?

The report that then goes on to state its only purpose was to investigate the security and intelligence failures. It never even looked at the causes for the attack. It would be like looking at the 9/11 attacks and only looking at the failures in airline security. The 9/11 commission did a real investigation which included looking at Al Qaeda and Bin Laden and the events leading up to the attack on 9/11. A real investigation would look at the events leading up to the 1/6 attack and explore the reasons why those persons that committed "a violent and unprecedented attack on the US Capitol" did what they did that day.
    So what if over 1000 Americans showed up to violently overthrow the government. Happens every day.....

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    THANK YOU.

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only time in US history when Americans attacked the US Capitol.
    yes, it is time for a serious investigation. Pelosi did not allow Mccarthy to fuck it up.