Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Barrack, Trump ally who chaired inaugural committee, indicted

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

It certainly seems like the lying to the FBI and the grand jury are going to be hard to defend. The indictment lays out multiple contacts, text messages and an agreement to download and use a messaging app and to acquire a dedicated phone to be in contact with foreign officials to avoid scrutiny. But then Barrack told the FBI and grand jury that he had no contacts and never acquired that phone he had in his possession.

The indictment came from the grand jury.

The indictment also requests criminal forfeiture of all moneys received but doesn't list an amount
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-20-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    They're the best people he knows. That says something, eh?

“The people we surround ourselves with either raise or lower our standards. They either help us to become the best version of ourselves or encourage us to become lesser versions of ourselves. We become like our friends. No man becomes great on his own. No woman becomes great on her own. The people around them help to make them great. We all need people in our lives who raise our standards, remind us of our essential purpose, and challenge us to become the best version of ourselves.” - Matthew Kelly

Kelly is an Aussie "Dynamic Catholic".

I like the old aphorism that if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Life experience taught me to be very selective in who I was friends with or associated with. That is why my friends list on jpp represents the cream of the crop!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-20-2021), Doc Dutch (07-20-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-20-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

I like the old aphorism that if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Life experience taught me to be very selective in who I was friends with or associated with. That is why my friends list on jpp represents the cream of the crop!
    Truisms are ageless.

We all have free will but some choose not to exercise their free will by defaulting to peer pressure, public opinion, etc. Their reasons seem to vary but, IMO, a lot of it is weakness of will. They prefer the illusion of temporary safety in a group rather than risking everything by standing up for what is right.

I prefer people who stand by their free will enough to accept the consequences of their own actions. A lot of JPP members aren't willing to do so.
    Last edited by Doc Dutch; 07-20-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (07-20-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-20-2021)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I wonder which remark will come first? "I hardly knew that guy" or "Political witch hunt"?

All the best people.
    Without knowing more details I'll go with political witch hunt. He's on the 'SC Board of Trustees. Generous donor to the school. I'm thinking there is a high up power with a UCLA connection pulling the strings on this one. Collegiate rivalries are one thing but they take an added dimension when the school's are in the same City. Bruins will stoop to any level...

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,174 Times in 7,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I wonder why Trump - who reputedly only hires "the best people" - is continuously surrounded by criminals and sleazebags?
    Only Criminals and Sleazebags are acceptable for consideration by Donald Trump for anything- if they aren't he can't use them!

BEST ANSWER!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Cypress (07-20-2021)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

So hes' being indicted for EXACTLY WHAT THE PODESTAS DID GOT YEARS...with ZERO CONSEQUENCES....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...294_story.html

It seems all the people that are close to to Trump or worked for him keep getting indicted.

It does raise the question of what could he possibly say about fraud and grift during the inauguration planning that could get him a reduced sentence.
    But but but but Tony Bobulinski said Joe Biden was the "big guy"

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

love the way prosecutors dismantle the guy on top one lackey at a time. right now they're in the process of dismantling his entire family - they're all involved in the big inauguration heist. it would be a miracle if Trump's head didn't explode after that happens, wouldn't rule out suicide

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

What else is new? More criminals from Trump. Best potus ever, they say.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    love the way prosecutors dismantle the guy on top one lackey at a time. right now they're in the process of dismantling his entire family - they're all involved in the big inauguration heist. it would be a miracle if Trump's head didn't explode after that happens, wouldn't rule out suicide
    It takes a special personality to commit suicide even when it's warranted. Trump's ego won't let him die. He'd rather sit screaming in a box the rest of his life than die because he's certain he'll get out one day.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Without knowing more details I'll go with political witch hunt. He's on the 'SC Board of Trustees. Generous donor to the school. I'm thinking there is a high up power with a UCLA connection pulling the strings on this one. Collegiate rivalries are one thing but they take an added dimension when the school's are in the same City. Bruins will stoop to any level...
    His only crime is not ponying up for a better QB.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    His only crime is not ponying up for a better QB.
    QB ain’t the problem man it’s the head coach. Multiple people on the Board with his type of money. Not sure how they push for excellence in their business life and accept mediocrity on the field. But alas, they have the money and power and I don’t. Haha.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

QB ain’t the problem man it’s the head coach. Multiple people on the Board with his type of money. Not sure how they push for excellence in their business life and accept mediocrity on the field. But alas, they have the money and power and I don’t. Haha.
    Lol, that’s true. As an Auburn fan I feel your pain and can attest to how long it takes to right the ship when you have a dumpster fire for a coach. I’m sure we’re still the NCAA champs in head coach buyouts.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    Lol, that’s true. As an Auburn fan I feel your pain and can attest to how long it takes to right the ship when you have a dumpster fire for a coach. I’m sure we’re still the NCAA champs in head coach buyouts.
    War Damn Eagle. I have no Auburn ties but have always kind of been a fan from a distance. Isn’t your ex-coach a Senator now?

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

War Damn Eagle. I have no Auburn ties but have always kind of been a fan from a distance. Isn’t your ex-coach a Senator now?
    Yeah! Tommy Tuberville. He’s a hell of a guy. He takes a lot of heat but I got to play golf with him a few times and he was always down to earth. Always talked duck hunting. Never football.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirt McGirt For This Post:

cawacko (07-20-2021)