Members banned from this thread: moon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypersonic Nuclear Missiles Are Awesome!!!!!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

for Russia, hypersonic technology is also a way to avoid a quantitative arms race like the Soviet Union went through during the Cold War, said Viktor Litovkin, a retired colonel and military analyst with Tass. “We have no money to get involved in a quantitative arms race. You need to have a little, but the highest quality, which will restrain the adversary,”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-31-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,097 Times in 12,624 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    The Phalanx. ]
    Our Generals have been warning us for years that when it comes to new weapons systems and force strength we are losing ground to the Russians and Chinese.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

A deterrent depends on the belief in mutual assured destruction. We have attained that beyond the ability of any new technology to destabilize it.

The biggest threat to the world is not hypersonic nukes, I believe we've had those forever. The biggest fear inducer is the proliferation of nuclear weapons
    into the hands of unstable and irrational actors such as terrorists or rogue states.

China has no interest in nuking a game they are winning. A dirty nuke from a jihadist or a Republican Trumfuck left in an ashcan in the rotunda, a bioweapon
    by a North Korean spy on a train in Japan, those sorts of things.

Of course there was that incident when a Russian nuclear "observer" (monitoring for incomings) had a glitch that created a false positive for a US initial attack.
    He almost made us all go thermonuke, so we could have human error start the big wipeout.

Who watched "Failsafe?"

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,374 Times in 52,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I'm old enough to remember hiding under our desks at school with our arms over our heads while the sirens wailed outside. To this day I get an unpleasant visceral reaction to air-raid/tornado sirens. Sirens won't be a problem with hypersonic nukes.
    Me too, which is why the global warming fears don't scare me.

My family was in Germany during the Cuban missile crisis. All the dependent families had their go-bags packed while the husbands prepared to roll their tanks eastward to the Fulda Gap. I was six so I knew something was up but didn't appreciate the gravity situation. The adults seemed nervous but for me it was worse when I got caught playing with cigarettes.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-31-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    for Russia, hypersonic technology is also a way to avoid a quantitative arms race like the Soviet Union went through during the Cold War, said Viktor Litovkin, a retired colonel and military analyst with Tass. “We have no money to get involved in a quantitative arms race. You need to have a little, but the highest quality, which will restrain the adversary,”
    They know that they will lose that battle like they did with SDI in the 80s.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    They know that they will lose that battle like they did with SDI in the 80s.
    they would lose indeed. Hypersonics are a game changer -it's no longer about overwhelming defenses (ABM battery)
    it's about going so fast,and skipping across the atmosphere and evading any intercept due to inability to project their trajectory....here's some really good info FYI

https://missiledefenseadvocacy.org/a...kipping-ahead/
    Hypersonic Glide Vehicles (HGV) can go to 20 times the speed of sound, maneuver in the atmosphere, use a ballistic or non-ballistic means of entry into the atmosphere, and can skip unpredictably across the upper atmosphere like throwing a stone across flat water. Though the Hypersonic Glide Vehicle can easily be seen bouncing off the atmosphere, it cannot be predicted where it will be to place an interceptor on it or near it for intercept, making it extremely challenging to defeat. Due to the extreme heat resistance shields for bouncing and reentry, HGVs also makes it challenging for future directed energy weapons. It is the offensive weapon platform of choice, both conventional and nuclear, and it is for the United States the prompt global strike solution once it is perfected and deployed.

President Trump has put in place Michael Griffin, Undersecretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, as the new Czar over the development of U.S. HGVs.

Most importantly and noticeably with high profile, the two military near peers of the United States – China and Russia – are heavily investing in Hypersonic capabilities to beat the United States. China’s expenditures are massive on their emerging offensive hypersonic development capabilities, which are exponential in testing and development compared to the United States. The Hypersonic Glide Vehicle is under no arms control agreements and circumvents the technology of current deployed operational ballistic missile defenses and air defenses, that present a direct threat to the United States......

Only one missile defense system deployed today has the range and within its capability to defeat ballistic missile reentry vehicles that fly in the range of the HGVs bouncing on the edge of the atmosphere,
    the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system.....

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Maybe we won't have to wait for global climate change to end life on Earth.
    We've found a quicker way.
    Now let's see who has the balls to fire them first.
    Is there a hypersonic nuclear weapon of Justice that can be used against the GQP as a result of it and its head hell bound gutter tyrant tRump putting a preemptive attack on humanity?

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

The Sentinelese have the best chance to survive.