Thread: Death by DeSantis!

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Sorry but this is the US not Tsarist Russia. The government can't order people to get the shots. There are always idiots out there who are too stupid to know what is good for them. If you have had your shots it is extremely rare for you to get infected.
    No but they can be encouraged instead of discouraged by political leaders. And there should be full transparency regarding testing and case numbers. DeSantis is doing the exact opposite. And forcing actions by individuals for the public good is done ALL THE TIME. Get over the ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ bullshit. You have no idea what oppressive is if you think a vaccine mandate fits the definition.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-27-2021)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    No but they can be encouraged instead of discouraged by political leaders. And there should be full transparency regarding testing and case numbers. DeSantis is doing the exact opposite. And forcing actions by individuals for the public good is done ALL THE TIME. Get over the ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ bullshit. You have no idea what oppressive is if you think a vaccine mandate fits the definition.
    Yep, just like Christian "oppression" from Bill O'Reilly's culture wars.

I want Walmart to say Merry Christmas, god dammit! Wow, greeting card oppression.

If you don't get a vaccine that is safe and effective and FREE against a global pandemic, you aren't oppressed, you are a fucking asshole.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-27-2021)

5. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye
    Sorry but this is the US not Tsarist Russia. The government can't order people to get the shots. There are always idiots out there who are too stupid to know what is good for them. If you have had your shots it is extremely rare for you to get infected.

Untrue, they could constitutionally declare a national emergency and force you to get a shot under warranted facts. That would only be warranted under more dire facts, I'd say.
    For example imagine this pandemic has 30% lethality and was 10 times as transmissible. You bet your NON LAWYER ass the government could force you to get a shot,
    by force, over your objection, all day every fucking day, or stuff you on an island with other criminals.

6. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Yep, just like Christian "oppression" from Bill O'Reilly's culture wars.

I want Walmart to say Merry Christmas, god dammit! Wow, greeting card oppression.

If you don't get a vaccine that is safe and effective and FREE against a global pandemic, you aren't oppressed, you are a fucking asshole.
    Yep. And if a business refuses to let you patronize them because you are an unvaxxed idiot, they should have that right. The real oppression here is government forcing businesses to serve dangerous, undeducated unvaccinated morons.

7. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yep. And if a business refuses to let you patronize them because you are an unvaxxed idiot, they should have that right. The real oppression here is government forcing businesses to serve dangerous, uneducated unvaccinated morons.
    I wish it was customary for people to wear masks indoors whenever practicable, full stop. This would be a healthier more productive population.
    I don't mind shopping while masked one bit. I never got colds or influenza during the period of mask compliance & social distancing. If everyone is just responsible,
    it works fine. Imagine the increase in GNP with so many fewer sick days.

The fake CDC vaccine card criminal enterprise is ramping up, just watch.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-27-2021)

9. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wish it was customary for people to wear masks indoors whenever practicable, full stop. This would be a healthier more productive population.
    I don't mind shopping while masked one bit. I never got colds or influenza during the period of mask compliance & social distancing. If everyone is just responsible,

Every business has the right to require a mask upon entering their place of business.

10. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    20% of all Covid cases in Florida!
    he will more then likely be president one day

11. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Every business has the right to require a mask upon entering their place of business.
    Until scotus says it's an equal protection and due process violation I guess. I would go further and argue they have an affirmative duty
    to do so unless evidence of vaccination is provided.

It cuts both ways as economic policy, probably your store or restaurant foot traffic would depend on whether or not your customers tend to the red or the blue.

Should we have separate but equal for this? Blue cross-blue shield placard on windows indicating unvaccinated not welcome?

12. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    he will more then likely be president one day
    Not a snowballs chance in hell. Zero. He won't ever serve again. No one will forgive him for this. Except retards like you.

13. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And they also have the right to refuse service to unvaccinated people. DeSantis will lose that case, and it's coming, because restaurants, bars, movie theaters and gyms are unsafe right now in Florida.

14. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Vaccination status should be added to government driver license and ID cards.

Proof of vaccination should be required to attend school and mingle with others.

Allowing the unvaccinated to mingle is allowing them to risk the lives of others.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

And they also have the right to refuse service to unvaccinated people. DeSantis will lose that case, and it's coming, because restaurants, bars, movie theaters and gyms are unsafe right now in Florida.
    Why do people like you go bat shit crazy when they dislike a politician? Florida's restaurants, bars, movie theaters and gyms are no more unsafe than any other state in the nation. You are paranoid and allow your unrational fears guide your thinking.

16. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why do people like you go bat shit crazy when they dislike a politician? Florida's restaurants, bars, movie theaters and gyms are no more unsafe than any other state in the nation. You are paranoid and allow your unrational fears guide your thinking.
    I go batshit crazy when a politician knowingly kills people. Okay with you? Thanks.

Yes they are far far more dangerous. Maybe you should read viruses for dummies. There are ten times more cases in duval county than there were in the winter. You understand math right? Or no?

17. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,428 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Florida has and continues to push people to get tested if the have symptoms and they are constantly pushing people to get the shots. There isn't much more the governor and state can do.
    I'm thankful for that much, anyways. I hope you continue to stay well, my friend.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Eagle_Eye (07-27-2021)

19. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    20% of all Covid cases in Florida!
    Cases are not equal to deaths. God you're stupid.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.