Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and jakemax

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson refuses to say if he's been vaccinated

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,423 Times in 53,289 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Thats not been my experience. Though certainly anecdotal, my father was a Chiropractor and many of his patients were anti-vaxers as were quite a few of his associates and friends most of whom were liberal….or at least relatively liberal as he lived in one of the most reactionary and bigoted parts of the country.
    The ppl who are against most (if not all) vaccines do tend to be liberal. I think they're the descendants of the 1960s ppl who hated Dow Chemical, makers of napalm, and who distrusted science and scientists because they thought that they were destroying the planet via pollution, chemicals, nuclear waste, etc. "Granola-eaters" was one of the nicer things some of them were called. They tended to be vegan, too.

The current anti-COVID vaxxers are across the political spectrum but the loudest ones tend to be RWers.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (07-20-2021)

3. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

sad liberals are always screaming... my body, my choice...

4. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    We all know it's effective . The question is just how safe is it and do those risks out weight the risks of COVID. That is what your side freaks out about when Tucker makes a reasonable Science based discussion of the facts. Some people in very low risk categories the vaccine may be more dangerous than a COVID infection. And people that have had COVID are naturally immune and may not need vaccination. That is all Tucker is saying.
    Carlson wouldn’t know what a fact is if it fell on him and wouldn’t care. As the peer reviewed data clearly shows that the vaccines affectiveness is clearly worth the risk at an epidemic level. Fuck it ain’t even close. All vaccines carry a risk of adverse reaction. There isn’t a single medical modality period that doesn’t entail risk.

I mean that boat has already sailed as far, far, far more people will not die or get seriously ill than those who are not vaccinated. That risk assessment has already been performed and peer reviewed and deemed acceptable under the current circumstances. Like I said, it’s not even close.

Now can the vaccine be improved and the possible side affects studied further and ameliorated further? Absolutely. Would the risk assessment be different if COVID-19 was only present at endemic levels with high levels of natural immunity within the general population? Again, absolutely but this is a novel virus and those conditions do not currently exist.

As for as the current situation goes the available data clearly show that from a public health standpoint of containing the spread of this virus and preventing death and illness that the benefits of vaccination currently far outweigh the risk.

Now that can certainly change as infection rates decrease to endemic levels and native immunity increases towards herd immunity but we ain’t there yet.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Cypress (07-20-2021), Phantasmal (07-20-2021)

6. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Define 'below endemic level'. Define 'epidemic level'. Buzzword fallacies. I will ignore your incorrect spelling for now.
    Lazy bastard google them yourself.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-20-2021)

8. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,711 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Thats not been my experience. Though certainly anecdotal, my father was a Chiropractor and many of his patients were anti-vaxers as were quite a few of his associates and friends most of whom were liberal….or at least relatively liberal as he lived in one of the most reactionary and bigoted parts of the country.
    I cannot speak to the circumstances ten ten years ago.

At this time, the statistical data I have heard about shows the the biggest predictor in refusing vacination is party affiliation.

That seemingly is anecdotally corroborated on jpp -- there cannot be more than one or two liberal posters here who are refusing the vaccine, while a substantial number of conservative posters adamantly refuse vaccinations (while their heroes in the rightwing media all surreptitiously get vaccinated)

9. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

^age is more of an influence then party,blacks are also least likely

10. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    ^age is more of an influence then party,blacks are also least likely
    You are possibly promoting outdated information or even overt propaganda.

Public outreach and education has been effective with minority groups and at this time the polling data here show Republicans are the most recalcitrant demographic to get vaccinated. Far more recalcitrant than either blacks or Democrats.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tex...publicans/amp/

Washington DC is a majority black city, and they blew right past Biden's vacination goal

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-20-2021)

12. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

At this time, the statistical data I have heard about shows the the biggest predictor in refusing vacination is party affiliation.

That seemingly is anecdotally corroborated on jpp -- there cannot be more than one or two liberal posters here who are refusing the vaccine, while a substantial number of conservative posters adamantly refuse vaccinations (while their heroes in the rightwing media all surreptitiously get vaccinated)
    Oh that’s definitely the situation now thanks to the unfathamable personality of cult surrounding Trump supporters.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-20-2021)

14. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

You are possibly promoting outdated information or even overt propaganda.

Public outreach and education has been effective with minority groups and at this time the polling data here show Republicans are the most recalcitrant demographic to get vaccinated. Far more recalcitrant than either blacks or Democrats.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tex...publicans/amp/

Washington DC is a majority black city, and they blew right past Biden's vacination goal
    Youngest adults are least likely to be vaccinated, and their interest in shots is declining, CDC finds
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...covid-vaccine/
    ...he Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed adult vaccination rates by age through May 22, finding 80 percent of adults older than 65 had been immunized compared with just 38.3 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds.

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity
    https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
    As observed in prior weeks, Black and Hispanic people have received smaller shares of vaccinations compared to their shares of cases and compared to their shares of the total population in most states. T

15. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Youngest adults are least likely to be vaccinated, and their interest in shots is declining, CDC finds
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...covid-vaccine/
    ...he Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed adult vaccination rates by age through May 22, finding 80 percent of adults older than 65 had been immunized compared with just 38.3 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds.

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity
    https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
    As observed in prior weeks, Black and Hispanic people have received smaller shares of vaccinations compared to their shares of cases and compared to their shares of the total population in most states. T
    About 13% of American adults don’t want a COVID-19 vaccine, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Republicans are the most resistant; nearly 3 in 10 say they don’t want one. The share is greater among rural, Republican men, 35% of whom don’t want to get a vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pew...n-them%3famp=1

16. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The biggest predictor actually of vaccine roll out failure is who is in charge of state government.

Republican-led states on balance lag behind blue states --- and lag behind much of the rest of the developed world.

Republican states may be on a par with some third world countries when it comes to vaccine rollout

17. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Lazy bastard google them yourself.
    He's not speaking to Google... He's speaking to YOU.

YOU made use of those terms... YOU need to be able to define them.

If you're not speaking out of your ass, then you should be able to define the terms that you make use of... Are you not willing to teach and educate others who ask you questions?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Into the Night (07-20-2021)

19. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most stores I go into now have signs saying to mask up if you are unvaccinated.
    Irrelevant, as we are not talking about stores. We are talking about mass transit (buses and airplanes, specifically). I've provided you with language from both Delta Airlines and Madison Metro, both quoting "federal law" which requires that all people mask up (even the "holy and special" vaccinated individuals).

The Demonkkkrat Reps from Texas have no excuse. They should've been wearing their masks while in the bus and on the airplane (and while in the associated buildings). They didn't do so. They chose to superspread their COVID around instead. Why don't they care about the well-being of others? That was pretty shitty of them, right?

They welcome mask-free vaccinated customers.
    They welcome mask-free unvaccinated customers as well.

The vaccinated aren't a threat to this country.

The dirty, unwashed, unhygenic unvaccinated are.
    Fuck your bigotry. Unvaccinated does not equate to being sick. Vaccinated people get sick as well. Being around someone who is sick does not mean that you will likewise get sick.

Why aren't you directing your hate towards the Demonkkkrat Reps from Texas who, even though they are "clean vaccinated people", are walking around maskless, infected with COVID, and spreading their dirty unwashed unhygenic COVID around to everyone else. Isn't that a pretty shitty thing for them to be doing?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Into the Night (07-20-2021)

21. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Irrelevant, as we are not talking about stores. We are talking about mass transit (buses and airplanes, specifically). I've provided you with language from both Delta Airlines and Madison Metro, both quoting "federal law" which requires that all people mask up (even the "holy and special" vaccinated individuals).

The Demonkkkrat Reps from Texas have no excuse. They should've been wearing their masks while in the bus and on the airplane (and while in the associated buildings). They didn't do so. They chose to superspread their COVID around instead. Why don't they care about the well-being of others? That was pretty shitty of them, right?

They welcome mask-free unvaccinated customers as well.

Fuck your bigotry. Unvaccinated does not equate to being sick. Vaccinated people get sick as well. Being around someone who is sick does not mean that you will likewise get sick.

Why aren't you directing your hate towards the Demonkkkrat Reps from Texas who, even though they are "clean vaccinated people", are walking around maskless, infected with COVID, and spreading their dirty unwashed unhygenic COVID around to everyone else. Isn't that a pretty shitty thing for them to be doing?
    It is actually funny that you would even attempt to create a flaccid analogy that Democrats are just as bad as Republicans when it comes to ignoring CDC guidelines and not getting vaccinated.

The biggest statistical predictor of vaccine recalcitrance and eschewing of CDC guidelines is party affiliation.

22. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is no statistical data on the matter.

Personally speaking, I have a fairly liberal female friend who is refusing it (at least for the moment). I have a conservative female friend who is refusing it. I have a couple of family friends who are conservatives who have gotten it. A number of my family members (both liberal and conservative, alike) have gotten it. Another number of my family members, who are conservative, are like me and are adamantly against getting it. In my experience, there is no "predictor" as to who has gotten the vaccine or not.

That seemingly is anecdotally corroborated on jpp -- there cannot be more than one or two liberal posters here who are refusing the vaccine,
    There very well could be.

while a substantial number of conservative posters adamantly refuse vaccinations
    As for me, I do not refuse all vaccinations. At the moment, I am only adamantly refusing COVID injections, and I see no need to receive a number of available vaccinations (such as flu vaccines).

(while their heroes in the rightwing media all surreptitiously get vaccinated)
    This may come as a surprise to you, but I don't make decisions based on what "rightwing media heroes" are doing. I do my own thing. I can think for myself. I don't care what they choose to do. I don't care what YOU choose to do. I just want tyranny supporting people such as yourself to leave me the fuck alone and to allow me to make my own decisions. I will also continue to speak out about how wrong it is for tyranny loving bigots such as yourself to demonize and mistreat people who happen to make a difference choice than you make.