Thread: "Its devastating, I'll never be the same"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default "Its devastating, I'll never be the same"

After a rough battle with COVID-19, a North Carolina woman who was unvaccinated is now urging people to get the shot, 13News reports.

"I thought I was healthy enough and that I could escape it," said Linda Edwards, who contracted the virus about three weeks ago. "Really, it was the most frightening thing I've ever been through in my life."

"It was devastating. I had no dreams of ever staying that long. It's the longest I've ever been in the hospital," she said of her two-week hospital stay. "I was there hoping and praying my son was okay here because he had tested positive, too."

Her son, Shane, had been airlifted to the same hospital she was staying in and was in the room right next to her, but doctors didn't tell her because they didn't want to worry her. Shane was a dire situation of his own, facing renal failure and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)

"They thought it would really bother me, and it would have because he was really serious," she said. "They said it's a miracle he walked out of there."

"It's changed my whole life. I'll never be the same," Edwards said. "I just thought if I live through this, I want to go on a mission to try to help people to see that it is not worth not taking the vaccine because of what it can do to your family. We could've easily have had two funerals."

Only 34% of the people in the county where Edwards lives are partially vaccinated, and 31% are fully vaccinated. According to Graham County Health Director Beth Booth, the vaccine hesitancy in the county "is almost taken to another level."

"We feed them the science and the information, but they still believe a certain way. A lot of the belief system out here is that it is still very political," Booth said.

As for Edwards, she says she'll be getting vaccinated as soon as she can.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Concart (07-13-2021), Guno צְבִי (07-13-2021), Phantasmal (07-13-2021), signalmankenneth (07-13-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-13-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Or join the gym and don't be a fat fuck.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

anonymoose (07-13-2021), gfm7175 (07-13-2021), Life is Golden (07-13-2021), PostmodernProphet (07-13-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

or get afflicted with a autoimmune disorder that fucks you up the rest of your life
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    After a rough battle with COVID-19, a North Carolina woman who was unvaccinated is now urging people to get the shot, 13News reports.

"I thought I was healthy enough and that I could escape it," said Linda Edwards, who contracted the virus about three weeks ago. "Really, it was the most frightening thing I've ever been through in my life."

"It was devastating. I had no dreams of ever staying that long. It's the longest I've ever been in the hospital," she said of her two-week hospital stay. "I was there hoping and praying my son was okay here because he had tested positive, too."

Her son, Shane, had been airlifted to the same hospital she was staying in and was in the room right next to her, but doctors didn't tell her because they didn't want to worry her. Shane was a dire situation of his own, facing renal failure and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)

"They thought it would really bother me, and it would have because he was really serious," she said. "They said it's a miracle he walked out of there."

"It's changed my whole life. I'll never be the same," Edwards said. "I just thought if I live through this, I want to go on a mission to try to help people to see that it is not worth not taking the vaccine because of what it can do to your family. We could've easily have had two funerals."

Only 34% of the people in the county where Edwards lives are partially vaccinated, and 31% are fully vaccinated. According to Graham County Health Director Beth Booth, the vaccine hesitancy in the county "is almost taken to another level."

"We feed them the science and the information, but they still believe a certain way. A lot of the belief system out here is that it is still very political," Booth said.

This is called 'thinning the herd' or 'natural selection'. Really, think about it. It's a Blessing from God. Thanks, China!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by /MSG/ View Post
    Or join the gym and don't be a fat fuck.

'That's the Ticket!'

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This is called 'thinning the herd' or 'natural selection'. Really, think about it. It's a Blessing from God. Thanks, China!
    what about those 100 affected with an autoimmune disorder?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    what about those 100 affected with an autoimmune disorder?
    Don't take the Vaccine! I FULLY support YOUR Decision!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-13-2021), signalmankenneth (07-13-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

This virus has already taken some of my High School Graduating class of 1969.

My first wife is on the Class Reunion Committee and has advised me we have lost 10 people we graduated with to this virus.

HERE IS THE THING- of all things to die for- YOU DO NOT WANT TO DIE FROM BEING CARELESS, RECKLESS, OR STUPID!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Althea (07-13-2021), Guno צְבִי (07-13-2021), signalmankenneth (07-13-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-13-2021)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Don't take the Vaccine! I FULLY support YOUR Decision!!!
    so basically you don't want to acknowledge those 100 because of guilt? or you don't want to acknowledge that there was a rush to judgement? or you simply do not care about people dying as long as you feel safe?

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Whythink For This Post:

signalmankenneth (07-13-2021)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

so basically you don't want to acknowledge those 100 because of guilt? or you don't want to acknowledge that there was a rush to judgement? or you simply do not care about people dying as long as you feel safe?
    It is estimated to affect about one person in 100,000 each year, and most people eventually recover from the disorder, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

The cases reported after receiving the J&J shot largely occurred about two weeks after vaccination and mostly in males, many aged 50 years and older, according to the CDC. Available data do not show a similar pattern with Pfizer’s or Moderna’s vaccine, the agency said.

U.S. regulators are expected to emphasize that the J&J vaccine is safe and that its benefits clearly outweigh the potential risks, the Post reported, citing people familiar with the situation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/12/fda-...port-says.html

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,165 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post

There are others who didn’t survive who came to the conclusion they should have been vaccinated too late.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-13-2021), signalmankenneth (07-13-2021)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It is estimated to affect about one person in 100,000 each year, and most people eventually recover from the disorder, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

The cases reported after receiving the J&J shot largely occurred about two weeks after vaccination and mostly in males, many aged 50 years and older, according to the CDC. Available data do not show a similar pattern with Pfizer’s or Moderna’s vaccine, the agency said.

U.S. regulators are expected to emphasize that the J&J vaccine is safe and that its benefits clearly outweigh the potential risks, the Post reported, citing people familiar with the situation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/12/fda-...port-says.html
    again, nobody seems to care about those adversely affected...........just shitty luck for them, but the greater good is paramount.............right?

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

again, nobody seems to care about those adversely affected...........just shitty luck for them, but the greater good is paramount.............right?
    Are you saying that any vaccines for any viruses should not be used because it affects a very tiny minority?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Cypress (07-13-2021)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Are you saying that any vaccines for any viruses should not be used because it affects a very tiny minority?
    not without YEARS of testing first and CERTAINLY not by making it mandatory, being forced at a job site, or even the pressure put on them to get it..........