Blog Entries

Default California will experience a second grisly, punishing heatwave

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fri (today) 106, sat 110, sunday 106 then back to normal high~ mid 90's..............

I have to give extra water & occasionally go out & mist/shower some plants that are newly planted & those next to the stucco house as some plants are having branches & leaves, singed & killed..

@ this time when most of those farmers need more water, they will be lucky to get any..

I was driving in the country yesterday & saw some farmers flooding pasture-not even a crop-shitty hardPAN clay in the 104 degrees... They don't care about subsidence etc, they, can, so they take all they want & use it any way they want "IT'S THEIR WATER"
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Fri (today) 106, sat 110, sunday 106 then back to normal high~ mid 90's..............

I have to give extra water & occasionally go out & mist/shower some plants that are newly planted & those next to the stucco house as some plants are having branches & leaves, singed & killed..

@ this time when most of those farmers need more water, they will be lucky to get any..

I was driving in the country yesterday & saw some farmers flooding pasture-not even a crop-shitty hardPAN clay in the 104 degrees... They don't care about subsidence etc, they, can, so they take all they want & use it any way they want "IT'S THEIR WATER"
    one thing that's always bothered me....... Almonds - one acre of mature trees requires roughly 1.3 million gallons of water a year

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Beginning to appear that what were once considered abnormal climate events are soon to become normal, yet some will say that it is all just Mother Nature doing what she does

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post

they deserve it they way they abuse the water table there

6. The Following User Groans At Stringfellow Hawk For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (07-09-2021)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Made up numbers. Meaningless.

and for those unaware...

....a loss of California ag production would hit hard consumers’ wallets

... in addition to how Biden's economic and energy policies have already been hitting people's wallets very hard. Gas is almost $3/gal (and rising) in my area of Wisconsin, and when Trump was in office it was below $2... The price of boneless center cut pork loin chops has increased from under $2/lb to about $3.50/lb (give or take)... 85% lean hamburger has increased from $3.99/lb to $4.99/lb...

and their diets would become less balanced.
    A "balanced" diet is NOT... I repeat, NOT a healthy diet. You will understand why I say this after you take some time to learn about the Randle Cycle. You can also look around you, seeing all of the overweight diabetic fat fucks in this nation, and see how "healthy" "balanced" diets are (as well as unnatural processed foods).

This is because our state produces a sizable majority of American fruits, vegetables and nuts; 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots and the list goes on and on.
    Wisconsin produces quite a bit of this stuff as well.

A lot of this is due to our soil and climate. No other state, or even a combination of states, can match California’s output per acre.
    ~ FarmProgress.com
    There is nothing "holy" about the SOTC. The SOA produces a lot of fruits/vegetables as well. Wisconsin is right up there amongst the top producers of various fruits/vegetables, and it is called "the dairy state" for a reason...

so before you filthy teabaggin clowns say "fuck CA!"......go ahead and say "fuck my food budget!"
    Fuck the SOTC... I grow a lot of my own fruits/vegetables, and I have connections with some local farmers for purchasing hamburger from them.

welcome to AGW, and don't say you weren't warned MAGAs
    AGW is a wacky nonsensical religion based on the absolute denial of logic, math, and science.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Callinectes (07-09-2021), Lionfish (07-10-2021)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    and you will deserve paying 2, 3, 4 times as much for your groceries

nice reading comprehension there slugger

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Trumpet (07-09-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

These are MAGA voters "abusing" that water table. The entire state east of the I5 is Maga country top to bottom.
    Hell if you aren't staring at an otter in Big Sur you are probably looking at a Trumfuck.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Made up numbers. Meaningless.

... in addition to how Biden's economic and energy policies have already been hitting people's wallets very hard. Gas is almost $3/gal (and rising) in my area of Wisconsin, and when Trump was in office it was below $2... The price of boneless center cut pork loin chops has increased from under $2/lb to about $3.50/lb (give or take)... 85% lean hamburger has increased from $3.99/lb to $4.99/lb...

A "balanced" diet is NOT... I repeat, NOT a healthy diet. You will understand why I say this after you take some time to learn about the Randle Cycle. You can also look around you, seeing all of the overweight diabetic fat fucks in this nation, and see how "healthy" "balanced" diets are (as well as unnatural processed foods).

Wisconsin produces quite a bit of this stuff as well.

There is nothing "holy" about the SOTC. The SOA produces a lot of fruits/vegetables as well. Wisconsin is right up there amongst the top producers of various fruits/vegetables, and it is called "the dairy state" for a reason...

Fuck the SOTC... I grow a lot of my own fruits/vegetables, and I have connections with some local farmers for purchasing hamburger from them.

AGW is a wacky nonsensical religion based on the absolute denial of logic, math, and science.
    Got to love the way “nightingale” just declares “made up numbers,” must be used to too much talk radio/Fox prime time, if one just says it, it has to be true. And please, no opinions from flat earth contrarians nor semantical conundrums

Gas prices were going to rise no matter who was elected President, has little to do with Biden, more so basic economics, supply and demand (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nd/5253346001/)

Always though “Dairy State” implied milk products, didn’t know fruits and vegetables were included

And lastly, how exactly does one buy hamburger directly from a farmer?

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Beginning to appear that what were once considered abnormal climate events are soon to become normal, yet some will say that it is all just Mother Nature doing what she does
    Ask anyone from Sonoma Napa Redding or Sacramento if global warming is real.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and you will deserve paying 2, 3, 4 times as much for your groceries

nice reading comprehension there slugger
    hey Moron, this is summer, most of my groceries come from local people

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

gfm7175 (07-09-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Ask anyone from Sonoma Napa Redding or Sacramento if global warming is real.
    LOL never mind they are trying to grow in what was a desert, they deserve it

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

Callinectes (07-09-2021), Into the Night (07-09-2021)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,498 Times in 7,586 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

hey Moron, this is summer, most of my groceries come from local people
    Mine too. You’d be surprised how much farming we have in Alaska. In winter they are from Mexico.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Callinectes (07-09-2021), gfm7175 (07-09-2021), Into the Night (07-09-2021), Sailor (07-09-2021), Stringfellow Hawk (07-09-2021)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Got to love the way “nightingale” just declares “made up numbers,”
    I've explained many times in the past why those numbers are made up "guesses". It has to do with the requirements of statistical mathematics.

must be used to too much talk radio/Fox prime time, if one just says it, it has to be true.
    I don't listen to radio or FOX.

And please, no opinions from flat earth contrarians nor semantical conundrums
    ???? Speak English please...

Gas prices were going to rise no matter who was elected President, has little to do with Biden, more so basic economics, supply and demand
    I do not accept USA Today as a source. Gas prices are rising, and will continue to rise, because of Biden's piss poor policies.

Always though “Dairy State” implied milk products,
    It does. It implies beef products too.

didn’t know fruits and vegetables were included
    Wisconsin produces a lot of various fruits and vegetables as well, such as corn (and sweet corn), soybeans, potatoes, cranberries, apples, strawberries, snap beans, green beans, cabbage, and carrots.

And lastly, how exactly does one buy hamburger directly from a farmer?
    When a farmer needs or wants to have some beef cattle slaughtered, that beef cattle then gets processed into various cuts of meat. One of those cuts of meat is hamburger. A single beef cow alone can provide for hundreds of pounds of meat (say, 200lbs of hamburger and 200lbs of various prime cuts... sometimes, the whole thing [say, 400lbs] gets ground up into hamburger).

A farmer might keep some of that for himself, of course, but he very likely does not want to keep 400lbs of hamburger sitting around his property when he can sell it to other people. Thus, he offers it up for sale. People like myself then drive to his house and purchase it from him. NOTE: This DOES involve being friendly with, and speaking with, some of the farmers in your area from time to time...
    Last edited by gfm7175; 07-09-2021 at 12:44 PM.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

right on schedule MAGA morons chime in with 'fuck CA', so typical

meanwhile....

More than 250 different crops are grown in the Central Valley with an estimated value of $17 billion per year

Approximately 75% of the irrigated land in California and 17% of the Nation's irrigated land is in the Central Valley

Using fewer than 1% of U.S. farmland, the Central Valley supplies 8% of U.S. agricultural output (by value) and produces 1/4 of the Nation's food, including
    40% of the Nation's fruits, nuts, and other table foods.

The predominate crop types are cereal grains, hay, cotton, tomatoes, vegetables, citrus, tree fruits, nuts, table grapes, and wine grapes.

About 20% of the Nation's groundwater demand is supplied from pumping Central Valley aquifers, making it the second-most-pumped aquifer system in the U.S.

...but these slugs are pretty good at shooting themselves in the foot, for example they vote-in corporate criminals, people like the NY con man Trump, who then hire them as virtual slaves while giving themselves tax breaks, decade after decade