Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump reportedly plans to sue Zuckerberg & Dorsey after Facebook & Twitter banned him

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump reportedly plans to sue Zuckerberg & Dorsey after Facebook & Twitter banned him

Dorsey Trump Zuckerberg

Trump reportedly plans to sue Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey after Facebook and Twitter banned him
    Katie Canales 37 minutes ago

Trump plans to file lawsuits against Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey Wednesday, per Axios report.
    The suits come after Twitter and Facebook booted him from their platforms following the January 6 riot.
    Trump and other Republicans have waged a war against the two firms over alleged censorship of right-wing users.
    Former President Donald Trump plans to file class-action lawsuits against Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, sources told Axios.

The reported suits come after both platforms booted him over risks of violence following the January 6 insurrection. It was an escalation from an ongoing war that the right waged against Big Tech, alleging that internet platforms censor conservative viewpoints.

Trump is planning to announce the lawsuits at a press conference later Wednesday morning, according to New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman. The former President has threatened a vast number of lawsuits in recent decades, though very few actually get filed.

Spokespeople for Facebook and Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Twitter declined to comment.

The pandemic, social unrest, and the 2020 presidential election presented mounting pressure from the public for social networks to tighten how they police content on their platforms.

Companies began cracking down on Trump's posts in mid-2020 when Twitter added warning labels to his tweets questioning the legitimacy of mail-in voting for the 2020 presidential election.

He and other Republicans have increasingly criticized mainstream tech platforms for serving a liberal agenda and discriminating against conservative users, a belief that is not backed by evidence. Data shows that right-wing content flourishes online. One group of NYU researchers said earlier this year that the right's allegations of censorship are actually a form of disinformation.

Things only escalated when Twitter and Facebook suspended him over his role in the January 6 riot. Twitter banned him indefinitely, even if he decides to run for office in 2024, and Facebook said he would remain suspended until at least January 2023.

Alternative platforms to mainstream services have sprouted up as a byproduct to the right's beef with Big Tech. Parler, a social media website with loose rules about what people can post, gained traction in late 2020 and quickly became praised by the right, with the likes of Republican Sen. Ted Cruz among its user base.

A Fox News host said this week that he's developing a payment platform for conservatives after Stripe and PayPal banned Trump over his role in the January 6 riot. The host, Dan Bongino, told the Washington Post that "Stripe is our target here" and that his AlignPay service is designed to combat "cancel culture."

Most recently, a former Trump aide unveiled a new social media app called GETTR that looks suspiciously like Twitter. Many of its users, largely Trump allies, were hacked on Sunday, the day the service officially launched.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ns-2021-7?op=1
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

Trump is mankind's last hope to preserve Liberty.

MAGA

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 8,360 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    They will have to spend some time and money defending themselves but in the long run trump won't be successful as this has been attempted many times before and they are still doing it.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pres Trump just announced his lawsuits of Twitter and Facebook!

He is speaking now.
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

MAGA

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    They will have to spend some time and money defending themselves but in the long run trump won't be successful as this has been attempted many times before and they are still doing it.
    You doubt Trump???

MAGA

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Big deal Trump sues everyone, and in some cases, over and over again, he has been involved in over three thousand litigation actions

And tell us exactly, on what grounds is Trump supposedly suing these people over? They are a private entity, what’s he going do, say he was discriminated against cause they don’t like him

6. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-07-2021)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump has used the sue them tactic before and it blew-up in his face.
    Lock Him Up

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You doubt Trump???
    Do I doubt trump will sue them? No I explicitly said they will at least have to spend time and money defending themselves. What I doubt is his ability to successfully sue them.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Ninth Commandment has nothing to do with lying, it is about your neighbor.

The Men and Women sitting here with you today.

It is about your flock.

It is about your shepherd.

And one of our shepherds is suffering.

The pain of his loss reverberates throughout this congregation.

And his suffering is not over.

Because Satan has found an open window.

And he is climbing through.

The Ninth Commandment forbids speaking against your neighbor in any manner.

It forbids us from destroying his reputation ... from threatening his position or the sanctity of his family.

Because his family is your family. His flock is your flock.

But Satan does not attack the flock.

He attacks the shepherd.

He attacks him by tricking your mind, by making you see what he wants you to see.

And when he has destroyed the shepherd, we are a flock no more.

We are merely lambs awaiting the slaughter.

Father Bob

Yellowstone S1 E2

MAGA

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sue them for what? Taking their ball and going home?

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

You doubt Trump???
    I can’t think of a single lawsuit Trump has ever won.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do I doubt trump will sue them? No I explicitly said they will at least have to spend time and money defending themselves. What I doubt is his ability to successfully sue them.
    “spend money,” you kidding, both of them are worth a whole lot more than Trump, and with all his impending legal problems and endless efforts to sell the Big Lie the last thing your Messiah needs is additional legal costs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-07-2021)

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Donald #Trump Saves Wollman Rink
    Mar 7, 2016

Les Roediger
    486 subscribers
    “Once upon a time there was an ice skating rink in Central Park that could no longer make ice. No one could figure out how to fix the skating rink. Years went by and millions of dollars were spent and still no ice. One day a white knight wearing a bright red tie showed up and said: ‘ Let there be ice!’ Four months later there was ice. When asked by the press why the people had been unable to fix the rink themselves the knight said ‘they’re very nice people and I like them very much but they’re all idiots!’ And everyone lived happily ever after.”

Pretty much the true story of the Wollman Skating Rink fiasco. You can even check the New York Times. On May 31, 1986 Donald Trump said in an interview with the Times, “I don’t want my name attached to losers. So far the Wollman Rink has been one of the great losers. I’ll make it a winner.” Shortly after Trump decided to slap his name on Wollman Rink, if you read the fine print. Now, 30 years later, Wollman Rink is a winner and the Trump name is still associated with it. Just check the Wollman Skating Rink website. There it is! The famous, or, according to some, infamous TRUMP red logo.

MAGA

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    “spend money,” you kidding, both of them are worth a whole lot more than Trump, and with all his impending legal problems and endless efforts to sell the Big Lie the last thing your Messiah needs is additional legal costs
    Yes they will spend time and money. I don't give a shit how much you have nobody likes the idea of wasting money but trump will make them do that. That's the only consolation here.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is the same thing I tell the retarded leftists who start posts about indictments and lawsuits they are all irrelevant until something actually comes of it. When trump wind let me know until then I just dont care.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Easy to notice the title poster can’t answers the direct question, SUE THEM FOR WHAT? On what grounds is Trump suing them for?

Until he does, thread is useless

18. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-07-2021)