Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Christian Right and Corporate Totalitarianism

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default The Christian Right and Corporate Totalitarianism

Chris Hedges has been sounding the alarm about this for awhile and he realizes that the establishment corporate-owned Democrats have been feckless in addressing it. Trump was/is a symptom of the disease but the disease itself is not being addressed and dealt with.

I saw the same thing in the breakdown of Yugoslavia, which I covered as a correspondent, where you had a liberal center that in essence is paralyzed. It can’t respond. And that’s what’s happened. We have a system of political paralysis that responds only to the dictates of the corporate elite, not to the needs and the rights of the citizenry.

https://www.juancole.com/2013/07/dem...tarianism.html
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 07-05-2021 at 03:51 AM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-05-2021), moon (07-05-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-05-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

95+% right.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    95+% right.
    Anyone who believes otherwise is either lying to themselves or delusional. We have a huge problem that is being swept under the rug. An elephant in the room that both parties want us to ignore.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-05-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

As it was in the beginning, so it remains till this day: James Madison quotation: Landholders ought to have a share in the government to support these invaluable interests and check the other many. They ought to be so constituted as to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority.

Most of those that fought in the revolution, the one against taxation w/out representation could not vote..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,190 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    As it was in the beginning, so it remains till this day: James Madison quotation: Landholders ought to have a share in the government to support these invaluable interests and check the other many. They ought to be so constituted as to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority.

Most of those that fought in the revolution, the one against taxation w/out representation could not vote..
    Yes, it has.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Anyone who believes otherwise is either lying to themselves or delusional. We have a huge problem that is being swept under the rug. An elephant in the room that both parties want us to ignore.
    Notice how this guy sounds so much like me...all the way up to saying that America is in collapse.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is so insightful though the parts that he gets wrong are so infuriating....so important...most of what he says is right.....it is his blind spots that damage:

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Corporations definitely run the show, but identity politics are how they compromised the left.

Small portions of the left still fight corporate corruption, but most of the left is preoccupied with the delusions of CRT and "anti-racism." Both ideologies are a lot like the subversive ideologies that Communists tricked the academic left of the postwar period into believing in. Ironically, their subversions outlived the USSR.

But Yuri Bezmenov warned the West of this. Few listened.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Why is when I think of Christian corporatism I can only come up with Chick Fila lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (07-05-2021), Pax Mongolica (07-05-2021)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Why is when I think of Christian corporatism I can only come up with Chick Fila lol?
    It's because they are one of the few corporations that isn't woke.

The most surprising thing to me about modern progressives and liberals is that they don't realize they are being played by corporations. In the 90s and 00s, a lot of these same people were anti-corporate.

It's like all you have to do is pay lip service to their fringe ideologies, and they think Wall Street is their friend. Even Antifa didn't fall for that, which actually is to their credit.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Pax Mongolica View Post
    It's because they are one of the few corporations that isn't woke.

The most surprising thing to me about modern progressives and liberals is that they don't realize they are being played by corporations. In the 90s and 00s, a lot of these same people were anti-corporate.

It's like all you have to do is pay lip service to their fringe ideologies, and they think Wall Street is their friend. Even Antifa didn't fall for that, which actually is to their credit.
    Liberals/left/progressives have totally flipped flopped over the last half century.

I don’t know if you were around in the 60’s but the left loathed corporations, the FBI, well, they still don’t like cops lol, and pretty much everything that represented ‘the establishment’. Half a century later and they *have become the establishment*. Even the ACLU sits on its thumbs while the federal government spies on its citizens.

And it’s particularly dangerous now that so much of the media is in league with them. How many ex-government spooks work for them now? I can think of three off the top of my head. When the left gets into power there is no media to keep them in check.

That’s not even counting Big Tech. It’s a real problem.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Pax Mongolica (07-05-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Liberals/left/progressives have totally flipped flopped over the last half century.

I don’t know if you were around in the 60’s but the left loathed corporations, the FBI, well, they still don’t like cops lol, and pretty much everything that represented ‘the establishment’. Half a century later and they *have become the establishment*. Even the ACLU sits on its thumbs while the federal government spies on its citizens.

And it’s particularly dangerous now that so much of the media is in league with them. How many ex-government spooks work for them now? I can think of three off the top of my head. When the left gets into power there is no media to keep them in check.

Yep. I wasn't around, but I'm familiar with the history.

Granted, there were always signs of how gullible much of the left was. The counterculture that developed in the 60s was largely a product of subversive tactics used by the Soviets and Maoists. The Confucius Institute still uses subtle versions of these today on Western college campuses as well.

If outsiders could manipulate them this easily, corporations doing it was just the next logical step. And now that several multinational corporations are themselves manipulated by the CCP, it's not hard to align things this way.

The mask does slip off occasionally though, like when Disney praised the group responsible for Uighur oppression or when the NBA pressured certain personnel into not voicing support for Hong Kong.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pax Mongolica For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-05-2021)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

You'll still hear the occasional 'speak truth to power' come out of the mouth of a progressive but when you control the media, the universities and are in power in the dominant economic centers of our country such as NYC, SF/Silicon Valley, L.A. etc. it's not as an appealing a statement to them anymore.

(I hate to go all identity politics but I feel like my statement above was geared more towards white progressives. Certain minority groups may have a different perspective.)

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-05-2021), Pax Mongolica (07-05-2021), RB 60 (07-06-2021)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

So ... you never bought a pillow from Pillow Guy?

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    So ... you never bought a pillow from Pillow Guy?
    I’ve been thinking about it.

What are they like?