Thread: trump-org-charged-with-15-year-scheme-to-defraud taxes

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default trump-org-charged-with-15-year-scheme-to-defraud taxes

"The political Witch Hunt by the Radical Left Democrats, with New York now taking over the assignment, continues," he said. "It is dividing our Country like never before!"
    The organization echoed his remarks.
    “Make no mistake — this is not about the law; this is all about politics,” a spokesperson for the Trump Organization said in a statement.

Trump Org. charged with 15-year "scheme to defraud" on taxes (msn.com)

Is this it yet?

No, it's only the beginning.
    Sweet justice.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-01-2021), evince (07-01-2021), PoliTalker (07-01-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    "The political Witch Hunt by the Radical Left Democrats, with New York now taking over the assignment, continues," he said. "It is dividing our Country like never before!"
    “Make no mistake — this is not about the law; this is all about politics,” a spokesperson for the Trump Organization said in a statement.

Is this it yet?

Sweet justice.

Trump bragged about cheating the US government out of taxes. He is going down. The Trump Organization could be shut down for racketeering.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Trump bragged about cheating the US government out of taxes. He is going down. The Trump Organization could be shut down for racketeering.
    I was pleading a felon and we all meet in a adjacent room to chambers with our cases and "air them out" sort of.
    One defense lawyer pitched that his client stole the burglary money "to pay his electric bill." We all LOL.
    Novel defense.

So Trump is going to put on a defense attacking the motives in the press, cuz that sure doesn't
    do anything at all to the evidence of fraud that will be submitted to the jury. I'd bet they don't allow that in court at all.
    And Trumpadoodles can't keep Commandante Trumfuck out of jail. So what's the point?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (07-01-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was pleading a felon and we all meet in a adjacent room to chambers with our cases and "air them out" sort of.
    One defense lawyer pitched that his client stole the burglary money "to pay his electric bill." We all LOL.
    Novel defense.

So Trump is going to put on a defense attacking the motives in the press, cuz that sure doesn't
    do anything at all to the evidence of fraud that will be submitted to the jury. I'd bet they don't allow that in court at all.
    And Trumpadoodles can't keep Commandante Trumfuck out of jail. So what's the point?

The indictment is very specific and cites Trump's signature on fraudulent payments to Weisselberg.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Is this it yet?

Sweet justice.
    "Weisselberg [Trump Org CFO] entered the courtroom Thursday in handcuffs alongside his attorney. "

Yes!

This!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (07-01-2021), Micawber (07-01-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Novel defense.

Could Trump go to prison for this?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Micawber (07-01-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Micawber,

"Weisselberg [Trump Org CFO] entered the courtroom Thursday in handcuffs alongside his attorney. "

Yes!

This!
    And walked out a free man.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Could Trump go to prison for this?
    He isn't charged personally yet, so no. But on the facts as they will be adduced, I bet he will be DOED in.
    Basically he would have to convince people he did not control a 15 year conspiracy to compensate key employees
    in violation of income tax law. That they all pulled the wool over his eyes and he never had his eye on the ball.
    We all heard the calls. He micromanages.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-01-2021)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

He isn't charged personally yet, so no. But on the facts as they will be adduced, I bet he will be DOED in.
    Basically he would have to convince people he did not control a 15 year conspiracy to compensate key employees
    in violation of income tax law. That they all pulled the wool over his eyes and he never had his eye on the ball.
    We all heard the calls. He micromanages.
    Right on.

These crimes are criminal by definition?

If Trump ends up being charged, it will be criminal charges?

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Michael Cohen said when Trump goes down, it will be on money and taxes.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Michael Cohen said when Trump goes down, it will be on money and taxes.
    Hey, if you can't trust a convicted felon, who can you trust?!

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

A comical part of this is that it blew Trump's visit to the border yesterday right off of anyone's radar, surely he and the right wing media were planning to get at least a week or so off of the photo op and now the only thing being discussed regarding Trump is his legal problems

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-01-2021), PoliTalker (07-01-2021)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    A comical part of this is that it blew Trump's visit to the border yesterday right off of anyone's radar, surely he and the right wing media were planning to get at least a week or so off of the photo op and now the only thing being discussed regarding Trump is his legal problems
    Let's hope his attention-getting shenanigans are constantly upstaged by his legal woes.

And let us hope there are handcuffs involved.