Thread: Computer virus resurrected?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Computer virus resurrected?

I'm pretty sure this is a fairly old one -- at least a year past, but today I received two messages entitled "Your buddy sent you a post card", sender was simply "Post Card". Either this thing is making the rounds again or someone has created a new, improved version -- or it's just been lurking in cyberspace until it could land in my mailbox.

In case it has in some way been resurrected, please consider this an alert.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is anybody retarded enough to open these things?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Is anybody retarded enough to open these things?
    I hope not! But then, you never know. I guess somebody must do, as they keep cropping up.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I hope not! But then, you never know. I guess somebody must do, as they keep cropping up.
    That's like my wife and the "I Love You" virus...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm pretty sure this is a fairly old one -- at least a year past, but today I received two messages entitled "Your buddy sent you a post card", sender was simply "Post Card". Either this thing is making the rounds again or someone has created a new, improved version -- or it's just been lurking in cyberspace until it could land in my mailbox.

In case it has in some way been resurrected, please consider this an alert.
    Hey Thorn. I forgot to do that thing we talked about, but I am going to. Sorry for the delay. Not that you are on the edge of your seat, but I didn't want you to think forgot or found someone better. I mean, my choices are from here, so you do the odds on that.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Hey Thorn. I forgot to do that thing we talked about, but I am going to. Sorry for the delay. Not that you are on the edge of your seat, but I didn't want you to think forgot or found someone better. I mean, my choices are from here, so you do the odds on that.
    LOL! I await with bated breath ... It's okay. I spent part of the weekend ripping down wallpaper and sanding a window frame to bare wood. Such fun.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL! I await with bated breath ... It's okay. I spent part of the weekend ripping down wallpaper and sanding a window frame to bare wood. Such fun.
    Thorn you know they make something for doing that right?

They are called men.

We will talk more about this when we do our thing.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

RE: Darla and Thorn

You do realise this type of talk causes some people - filthy disgusting people with minds in the filthiest most disgusting gutters - to think about all sorts, don't you?

First of all we have talk of secret affairs and then Thorn, who should be thoroughly ashamed of herself, relaying rip-roaring revelations of a weekend spent rubbing wood to her partner in crime (and Lord knows what else) Darla.

I am certainly not some kind of middle-of-the-road, straight-laced prude, far from it. I once saw nearly a whole 5 minutes of Desperate Housewives, i'll have you know. However, this is a family board where vulnerable children could be corrupted by exposure to your dirty sex talk. I hate to say it but, please, for the love of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, won't you think of the children?

Yours faithfully,

A. Disgusted Reader.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    RE: Darla and Thorn

You do realise this type of talk causes some people - filthy disgusting people with minds in the filthiest most disgusting gutters - to think about all sorts, don't you?

First of all we have talk of secret affairs and then Thorn, who should be thoroughly ashamed of herself, relaying rip-roaring revelations of a weekend spent rubbing wood to her partner in crime (and Lord knows what else) Darla.

I am certainly not some kind of middle-of-the-road, straight-laced prude, far from it. I once saw nearly a whole 5 minutes of Desperate Housewives, i'll have you know. However, this is a family board where vulnerable children could be corrupted by exposure to your dirty sex talk. I hate to say it but, please, for the love of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, won't you think of the children?

Yours faithfully,

A. Disgusted Reader.
    You been hanging around with Ted Haggard?

I thought he liked wood polishing????
    Last edited by uscitizen; 01-27-2009 at 07:23 AM.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Thorn you know they make something for doing that right?

They are called men.

We will talk more about this when we do our thing.
    girls just do not understand the joy of tearing stuff down.

I remember once we wanted to build a new deck, so my dad and brothers and I took a chainsaw, sledgehammers, and axes to it. THEN we started a huge fire and burnt it all up. While all that was burning.. we kinda got into a frenzy a tore down a swingset that my youngest brother (who was like 5 at the time) always played on. We burned that too. Then we chopped down and mashed up our childhood tree house and burned that as well.

Things got a little out of hand . . .

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL! @ Charver.

I'm doing some renovations in the house.