Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NATO encroachent in Russian Black Sea waters is a war waiting to happen

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default NATO encroachent in Russian Black Sea waters is a war waiting to happen

Russia is prepared to target intruding warships if they fail to heed warnings, a senior Russian diplomat said Thursday in a tough statement in the wake of a Black Sea incident in which a British destroyer sailed near Crimea in an area that Russia claims as its territorial waters.

Russia said one of its warships fired warning shots and a warplane dropped bombs in the path of British destroyer Defender on Wednesday to drive it away from the area near Sevastopol. Britain denied that account, insisted its ship wasn’t fired upon and said it was sailing in Ukrainian waters.

The incident marked the first time since the Cold War that Moscow acknowledged using live ammunition to deter a NATO warship, underlining the rising threat of military collisions amid Russia-West tensions.

Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said Thursday that "the inviolability of the Russian borders is an absolute imperative," adding that it will be protected "by all means, diplomatic, political and military if needed."

He sarcastically suggested that the British navy should rename its destroyer from Defender to Aggressor and warned that "those who try to test our strength are taking high risks."

Asked what Russia would do to prevent such intrusions in the future, Ryabkov told reporters it would stand ready to fire on targets if warnings don't work.

RUSSIAN SHIP FIRES WARNING SHOTS AT UK WARSHIP IN BLACK SEA

"We may appeal to reason and demand to respect international law," Ryabkov said, according to the Interfax news agency. "If it doesn’t help, we may drop bombs and not just in the path but right on target if colleagues don’t get it otherwise."

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov deplored what he described as a "deliberate and well-prepared provocation" by Britain and seconded the tough warning.

"If unacceptable provocative actions are repeated, if those actions go too far, no options to legitimately protect the borders of the Russian Federation could be excluded," Peskov said in a call with reporters.

RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY SUMMONS BRITISH DEFENSE ATTACHE OVER BLACK SEA 'WARNING SHOTS' DISPUTE

On Wednesday, the Russian Defense Ministry said a patrol ship fired warning shots after the HMS Defender had ignored a notice against intrusion and sailed 3 kilometers (1.6 nautical miles) into Russia’s territorial waters near Sevastopol, the main Russian naval base in Crimea. It said a Russian Su-24 bomber also dropped four bombs ahead of the vessel to persuade the Defender to change course. Minutes later, the Defender left Russian waters, the ministry said.

Britain denied the Defender had been fired on or that bombs were dropped in its path. It insisted that the ship was making a routine journey through an internationally recognized travel lane and remained in Ukrainian waters. The U.K., like most of the international community, recognizes Crimea as part of Ukraine despite the peninsula's 2014 annexation by Russia.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson would not say whether he had personally approved the Defender’s voyage but suggested the Royal Navy was making a point by taking the route it had.

"The important point is that we don’t recognize the Russian annexation of Crimea, this is part of a sovereign Ukrainian territory," Johnson told reporters Thursday during a visit to an army barracks in England. "It was entirely right that we should vindicate the law and pursue freedom of navigation in the way that we did, take the shortest route between two points, and that’s what we did.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia...uding-warships

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (06-26-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ive been saying this is a war waiting to happen ever since NATO warships encroached on Crimean waters.

The next problem -mark my words- will be if/when Ukraine becomes part of NATO and Article 5 then applies to Ukraine

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

martin (06-30-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,108 Times in 12,634 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Notice how Russia is just as mouthy as China is....America is going down.....its time to push they think.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Notice how Russia is just as mouthy as China is....America is going down.....its time to push they think.
    2 different actors.
    and this is Russian waters, despite what the Brits say.. their warship was encroaching on Sevastopol itself

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Ive been saying this is a war waiting to happen ever since NATO warships encroached on Crimean waters.

The next problem -mark my words- will be if/when Ukraine becomes part of NATO and Article 5 then applies to Ukraine
    The sad thing is that the West is now so far gone we might actual launch this provocation which the Empire will not stand for.

The Dying West.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

2 different actors.
    and this is Russian waters, despite what the Brits say.. their warship was encroaching on Sevastopol itself
    You clearly failed to comprehend my post.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The sad thing is that the West is now so far gone we might actual launch this provocation which the Empire will not stand for.

The Dying West.
    i dont think NATO is particularly looking for a war, but wars happen by accidental incidents all the time

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

i dont think NATO is particularly looking for a war, but wars happen by accidental incidents all the time
    The word accident does not apply here.

Bringing Ukraine into NATO would be insanity.

If we were better we would assure Russia that we are not that bad/dead already.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

dukkha (06-24-2021)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The word accident does not apply here.
    true. it was deliberate encroachment

Bringing Ukraine into NATO would be insanity.
    If we were better we would assure Russia that we are not that bad/dead already.
    NATO expansion in general has been insanity
    I've heard all kinds of theory about markets (like expanding NATO is expanding the old "common maket" before the formal EU)to downright direct Russiaphobia that we have to Punish Putin

It's slow motion insanity, and it's not going to end well

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

true. it was deliberate encroachment

NATO expansion in general has been insanity
    I've heard all kinds of theory about markets (like expanding NATO is expanding the old "common maket" before the formal EU)to downright direct Russiaphobia that we have to Punish Putin

It's slow motion insanity, and it's not going to end well
    Fucking around in Ukraine is all downside for America and the West....what we have been doing is so ignorant and against our interest....but watch our failed leaders to it anyways.

Buckle Up.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

jeebus, an outright Russian troll thread

things a little slow in the boiler room today comrades?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-25-2021), Jack (06-25-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Name a NATO country that called to enact article 5.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,679 Times in 27,324 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

The Royal Navy has a right to respond in kind.

Royal Navy Tracks Nine Russian Vessels Near UK Waters

Over the past two weeks, the Royal Navy has tracked nine Russian vessels around the UK. A Russian surfaced submarine, destroyer, corvette, patrol ship and their supporting tugs and supply ships were watched closely by eight Royal Navy ships, from the English Channel and the Celtic Sea to waters close to the west coast of Scotland.
    https://www.maritime-executive.com/e...near-uk-waters

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The Royal Navy has a right to respond in kind.
    The Brits were within 1.6 nautical miles of Sevastopol -in waters Russia governed Crimea declared off limits

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Fucking around in Ukraine is all downside for America and the West....what we have been doing is so ignorant and against our interest....but watch our failed leaders to it anyways.

Buckle Up.
    It's a corrupt Russian border state - keep out of it