Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would You Dismantle the Underground Railroad?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Default Would You Dismantle the Underground Railroad?

Thought Experiment: You are able to go back in time, if you choose to, but only to one specific point to do one specific thing and immediately return. That specific action is to prevent the Underground Railroad from ever happening. Since the Underground Railroad served as a pressure valve, releasing the most bold, daring, and physically fit slaves at a steady pace, rather than letting them brood and eventually explode with violence and slave revolts against their masters...if you had the chance, would you undo it and let the slaves liberate themselves violently?

Keep in mind, this could result in the slaughter of millions of Southerners, the annihilation of the slave population, or something in between.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

A 'Slave Revolt' might have been a better option than 'White People Giving Blacks Freedom' option.
    It's probably better to let a group 'win' their own fight than having someone else hand it to them.
    In WW2, the Allies let DeGaulle ride into Paris. Kuwaitis were allowed First Entry into Kuwait after the Americans liberated it from Saddam.

So, ... here's the deal. Blacks revolt in the South under the Confederate Battle Flag. They fight all the famous battles. They enter Washington DC, thousands strong, and Demand Freedom. The US surrenders to the Demands. Statues of Leaders of the Revolt are erected. Laws are Passed. Sacred Cemeteries to the Fallen are created. Songs are Sung, Stories are Told.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    A 'Slave Revolt' might have been a better option than 'White People Giving Blacks Freedom' option.
    It's probably better to let a group 'win' their own fight than having someone else hand it to them.
    In WW2, the Allies let DeGaulle ride into Paris. Kuwaitis were allowed First Entry into Kuwait after the Americans liberated it from Saddam.

So, ... here's the deal. Blacks revolt in the South under the Confederate Battle Flag. They fight all the famous battles. They enter Washington DC, thousands strong, and Demand Freedom. The US surrenders to the Demands. Statues of Leaders of the Revolt are erected. Laws are Passed. Sacred Cemeteries to the Fallen are created. Songs are Sung, Stories are Told.
    So... you would be okay with letting them stay enslaved longer if it meant them getting to be the ones who pulled the trigger on their liberation?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post

So... you would be okay with letting them stay enslaved longer if it meant them getting to be the ones who pulled the trigger on their liberation?
    Well, you broached the Topic of 'What if ... '

Haitian Slaves revolted against their Owners. I'm sure it gave them self esteem. You know, Masters of their Destiny.

"Haitian Revolution
    The Haitian Revolution was a successful insurrection by self-liberated slaves against French colonial rule in Saint-Domingue, now the sovereign state of Haiti. The revolt began on 22 August 1791, and ended in 1804 with the former colony's independence.Wikipedia"

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Haitian Slaves revolted against their Owners. I'm sure it gave them self esteem. You know, Masters of their Destiny.

"Haitian Revolution
    The Haitian Revolution was a successful insurrection by self-liberated slaves against French colonial rule in Saint-Domingue, now the sovereign state of Haiti. The revolt began on 22 August 1791, and ended in 1804 with the former colony's independence.Wikipedia"
    Well yeah, I brought it up, but I'm just making sure that you're saying you would be okay with keeping black slaves enslaved longer than they otherwise would have been for worthwhile extraneous outcomes.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,876 Times in 8,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes that's exactly what that racist cunt is saying.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well yeah, I brought it up, but I'm just making sure that you're saying you would be okay with keeping black slaves enslaved longer than they otherwise would have been for worthwhile extraneous outcomes.
    Well, let me counter you with: Which is better, being enslaved in Africa or being enslaved in America?

"“Slavery in the United States ended in 1865,” says Greene, “but in West Africa it was not legally ended until 1875, and then it stretched on unofficially until almost World War I. "
    https://research.cornell.edu/news-fe...ry-west-africa

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Haitian Revolution
    Haiti is a success?.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Yes that's exactly what that racist cunt is saying.
    Just checking, because I routinely get hysterically vilified for suggesting that 650k Americans didn't need to die so Northern leftists could illegally invade, slaughter, and enslave half the republic...all to liberate the slaves (who were already being gradually freed) slightly more quickly. I think that's a pretty compelling reason to leave someone enslaved slightly longer, but leftists lose their minds when I say that. Just wanted to make sure I am understanding this correctly that I have a leftist now on the record saying they would leave them enslaved as well under the right circumstances.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, let me counter you with: Which is better, being enslaved in Africa or being enslaved in America?

"“Slavery in the United States ended in 1865,” says Greene, “but in West Africa it was not legally ended until 1875, and then it stretched on unofficially until almost World War I. "
    https://research.cornell.edu/news-fe...ry-west-africa
    All slavery is an abomination, so it doesn't matter that they were much better off having been slaves here. Slavery is monstrous either way. I just don't accept that we have to be ridiculous unthinking children about how it should have been abolished, like Northern leftists were, and like leftists today still are.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just checking, because I routinely get hysterically vilified for suggesting that 650k Americans didn't need to die so Northern leftists could illegally invade, slaughter, and enslave half the republic...all to liberate the slaves (who were already being gradually freed) slightly more quickly. I think that's a pretty compelling reason to leave someone enslaved slightly longer, but leftists lose their minds when I say that. Just wanted to make sure I am understanding this correctly that I have a leftist now on the record saying they would leave them enslaved as well under the right circumstances.

The left never has, does not now, nor will they ever actually care about people. They care only about power. That's what matters to these retarded cunts.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

artichoke (06-24-2021), PostmodernProphet (06-24-2021)

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    The left never has, does not now, nor will they ever actually care about people. They care only about power. That's what matters to these retarded cunts.

100%. Most dead-on statement of the day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to artichoke For This Post:

Yakuda (06-24-2021)

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Haiti is a success?.......

Nope. Poorest country in the Hemisphere.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you don't do a fucking thing to help them do you you leftist cunt? You're more concerned about letting men use the ladies room.