Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Biden threatens Americans with F-15s and nukes

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    A Forward Operating Base (FOB) is any secured forward operational level military position, commonly a military base, that is used to support strategic goals and tactical objectives. A FOB may or may not contain an airfield, hospital, machine shop, or other logistical facilities. The base may be used for an extended period of time. FOBs are traditionally supported by main operating bases that are required to provide backup support to them.[1] [2]A FOB also improves reaction time to local areas as opposed to having all troops on the main operating base.

In its most basic form, a FOB consists of a ring of barbed wire around a position with a fortified entry control point, or ECP. More advanced FOBs include an assembly of berms, concrete barriers, gates, watchtowers, bunkers and other force protection infrastructure. They are often built from Hesco bastions.[3] FOBs will also have an Entry Control Point (ECP). An ECP is a controlled entry and exit point of the FOB and will typically have positions to protect personnel against Personnel Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (PBIED) and Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (VBIED), along with blast mitigation with standoff protection
    sure...........I was a Marine who trained on FOBs...........but i'm sure YOU know way more than I do about operational security just by reading about it than I do by being based on one..............
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    sure...........I was a Marine who trained on FOBs...........but i'm sure YOU know way more than I do about operational security just by reading about it than I do by being based on one..............
    You're correct. I don't know much about it. I wish I could serve but I cannot.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,259 Times in 7,142 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I do that.............alot.................you're not alone. I am that fucking smart
    LOL! OK!

But, I always just use the acronym ATF for short!

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post