Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana woman gets probation in first Capitol riot sentencing

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,615 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Indiana woman gets probation in first Capitol riot sentencing

This must have been one of those Trump appointed judges that imposed the sentence?!! This is not setting a good example, to deter future terrorist attacks?!! This sentence was just a slap on the wrist?!!

WASHINGTON — A 49-year-old woman from Indiana who came to Washington with her hairdresser friend was put on probation Wednesday in the first sentence stemming from the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

With the number of people arrested approaching 500, it was the first of what government officials said would likely be similar proceedings for the hundreds of people who also face low-level charges.

Anna Morgan-Lloyd pleaded guilty to a single charge of illegally demonstrating in the Capitol building. In return, the government dropped three other charges, all of them misdemeanors. She was sentenced in federal court in Washington, D.C., to three years of probation and ordered to perform 40 hours of community service and pay $500 in restitution.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in...tk4?li=BBnb7Kz

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-23-2021), evince (06-23-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-23-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,057 Times in 8,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello signalmankenneth,

That is a not a powder puff sentence. She is guilty of a federal crime. She now has a record. And she has to do 40 hours of work for the community, report to authorities for 3 years, and also pay a fat fine.

The first cases are the simplest ones. These will carry the lighter sentences. This is only the beginning. The sentencing will become increasingly harsh over time. Just wait till we get to the bad ones who had intent to do harm and did. Time is gonna be done.
    If I were hiring id ask for an explanation of the conviction and when I found out why she was convicted I'd hire her and pay her twice the normal salary.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

My sense is that the persecution of the Not Woke who were in DC Jan 6 trying to get their voices heard is backfiring on the Regressive Woke Revolution. It has lit a fire under the Not Woke.....everyone now understands that we are under attack from bruts.... that we need to act NOW!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    This must have been one of those Trump appointed judges that imposed the sentence?!! This is not setting a good example, to deter future terrorist attacks?!! This sentence was just a slap on the wrist?!!

WASHINGTON — A 49-year-old woman from Indiana who came to Washington with her hairdresser friend was put on probation Wednesday in the first sentence stemming from the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

With the number of people arrested approaching 500, it was the first of what government officials said would likely be similar proceedings for the hundreds of people who also face low-level charges.

Anna Morgan-Lloyd pleaded guilty to a single charge of illegally demonstrating in the Capitol building. In return, the government dropped three other charges, all of them misdemeanors. She was sentenced in federal court in Washington, D.C., to three years of probation and ordered to perform 40 hours of community service and pay $500 in restitution.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in...tk4?li=BBnb7Kz

That is a powder puff sentence, but. She is guilty of a federal crime. She now has a federal criminal record. And she has to do 40 hours of work for the community, report to authorities for 3 years, and also pay a fat fine.

The first cases are the simplest ones. These will carry the lighter sentences. This is only the beginning. The sentencing will become increasingly harsh over time. Just wait till we get to the bad ones who had intent to do harm and did. Time is gonna be done.

She went to the Greene County Sheriffs Office on January 22nd to apply for a gun permit. They recognized her from FB pics as a Capitol rioter and turned her in. Her friend that she went with is a hairdresser who owns a business called hotheads. An informant told the FBI she was a Q fan.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-23-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-23-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

One of the pictures in the evidence presented in her arrest record shows a woman with a MAGA hat.

Did she think trespassing on restricted government property after entering through broken windows or doors was going to make America great?

Photos and video of the crowd she was part of are being viewed in other countries all over the world and none of them think that made America great. They are using that to say America has lost it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-23-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    My sense is that the persecution of the Not Woke who were in DC Jan 6 trying to get their voices heard is backfiring on the Regressive Woke Revolution. It has lit a fire under the Not Woke.....everyone now understands that we are under attack from bruts.... that we need to act NOW!
    Would you be ok if we have more Jan 6th type events in the future from those trying to get their voices heard? (be it #BLM or any other group)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Would you be ok if we have more Jan 6th type events in the future from those trying to get their voices heard? (be it #BLM or any other group)
    The place to demonstrate against our abusive failed federal government is Washington DC. Nobody should be charged with a crime for this fake insurrection except for those who did vandalism...everything else was honorable political speech.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

The place to demonstrate against our abusive failed federal government is Washington DC. Nobody should be charged with a crime for this fake insurrection except for those who did vandalism...everything else was honorable political speech.
    Is it ok if I break into your home because I disagree with your political views? And trash the place. And assault you? You good with that?

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Is it ok if I break into your home because I disagree with your political views? And trash the place. And assault you? You good with that?
    The Capitol Building belongs to the people, being locked out of the Capitol Building is abuse, your analogy is Bull Shit.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Capitol Building belongs to the people, being locked out of the Capitol Building is abuse, your analogy is Bull Shit.
    The Capitol does not belong to you. They were locked out because of assholes like you out to kill cops.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,760 Times in 27,235 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    If I were hiring id ask for an explanation of the conviction and when I found out why she was convicted I'd hire her and pay her twice the normal salary.
    To bad you live in Grammys basement instead of running a business huh

15. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-23-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Capitol does not belong to you. They were locked out because of assholes like you out to kill cops.
    And the Vice president

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LIAR

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LIAR
    you're an idiot

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Can you walk into any government building with impunity?

No

You people are silly and uninformed