1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 'Ranked Voting'.

"Ranked voting
    Ranked voting, also known as ranked-choice voting or preferential voting, is any election voting system in which voters use a ranked ballot to select more than one candidate and to rank these choices in a sequence on the ordinal scale of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.Wikipedia"

Is this a good idea?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-23-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Let's start with something even more basic than that: every American's vote should count exactly the same. Abolish the archaic and undemocratic electoral college.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-23-2021), Iolo/Penderyn (06-23-2021), Jack (06-23-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,175 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "Ranked voting
    Ranked voting, also known as ranked-choice voting or preferential voting, is any election voting system in which voters use a ranked ballot to select more than one candidate and to rank these choices in a sequence on the ordinal scale of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.Wikipedia"

Is this a good idea?
    YES! What I like about it, is people are eliminated from the bottom to the top!

I wish we would have used this to select our Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020!

It works especially great when too many people run for one office.

It helps so that the bottom-feeders are eliminated and don't get to be in any other further debates.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Doc Dutch (06-23-2021), Guno צְבִי (06-23-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Let's start with something even more basic than that: every American's vote should count exactly the same. Abolish the archaic and undemocratic electoral college.
    Lmfao the founders were smarter than you fucking leftists cunts. They knew cunts have always existed and always will and that's why we have the EC.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-24-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

I wish we would have used this to select our Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020!

It helps so that the bottom-feeders are eliminated and don't get to be in any other further debates.
    Like the Kamal cunt who didn't get one delegate and couldn't win the primary in her own state but is now the fucking VP? Lmfao it's amazing how stupid you retards are.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "Ranked voting

Is this a good idea?
    Yes. I fully support it.

Had ranked voting existed in 1993, GW Bush would have won reelection. If it existed in 2000, Al Gore would have been elected. In 2016, I suspect Hillary would have won but that one turned more on the states versus total votes.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-23-2021), Jack (06-23-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Lmfao the founders were smarter than you fucking leftists cunts. They knew cunts have always existed and always will and that's why we have the EC.
    Like the Kamal cunt who didn't get one delegate and couldn't win the primary in her own state but is now the fucking VP? Lmfao it's amazing how stupid you retards are.
    Your anger management issues probably have already cost you promotions. The job you're in now will be the same one you'll be in five years from now unless you can learn to control your anger.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-23-2021)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Disagreed for two reasons: 1) State's Rights. 2) It's an impossible dream since it would take a Constitutional Amendment.

Ranking candidates works and can be easily passed in the States. After 10 years of it, most Americans will see the wisdom of supporting it for Federal elections.

FWIW, "The Impossible Dream" is one of my favorite songs on my play list. I have several versions (including Elvis!) but this one is my favorite:

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're a foul-mouthed fart, aren't you. Dissipate!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-23-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

OK. Thanks. The concept is so new to me I don't know how to digest it yet. I've never seen it in actual use. So this Election in NYC will be a learning experience for me. Thanks for your input.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Your anger management issues probably have already cost you promotions. The job you're in now will be the same one you'll be in five years from now unless you can learn to control your anger.
    Lmfao. It's adorable that you play amateur psychiatrist. You walk around in glasses and and holding a cigar don't you Herr Freud? Dont give up your day job. What is your day job? Collecting welfare no doubt.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Disagreed for two reasons: 1) State's Rights. 2) It's an impossible dream since it would take a Constitutional Amendment.

Ranking candidates works and can be easily passed in the States. After 10 years of it, most Americans will see the wisdom of supporting it for Federal elections.

FWIW, "The Impossible Dream" is one of my favorite songs on my play list. I have several versions (including Elvis!) but this one is my favorite:

I do not think an amendment is impossible. As soon as Republicans start winning the popular vote but losing the the EC they will be begging democrats to help pass an amendment to abolish the EC.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    You're a foul-mouthed fart, aren't you. Dissipate!
    Maybe but that doesn't change the fact that the founders understood human nature better than you leftist retarded cunts. Because of that they put things in place to stop you cunts from creating the totalitarian govt you cunts cannot wait to being to fruition. You're a cunt and always will be.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes. I fully support it.

Had ranked voting existed in 1993, GW Bush would have won reelection. If it existed in 2000, Al Gore would have been elected. In 2016, I suspect Hillary would have won but that one turned more on the states versus total votes.

Hmmmm ... I've never really thought about it. I'm open to it. Geeko made a good point about a crowded field of Candidates being easily narrowed down.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Doc Dutch (06-23-2021)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lmfao. It's adorable that you play amateur psychiatrist. You walk around in glasses and and holding a cigar don't you Herr Freud? Dont give up your day job. What is your day job? Collecting welfare no doubt.
    LOL. Yes on the glasses, mostly for reading, but with a pipe. I'm retired with a military pension and a 401k. Why are you so afraid to admit you'll still be a loser in 5 years?

Have why are you so angry? All anger is part of a fear reaction, that's normal. Continually being angry or displaced aggression as you always display on JPP indicates a high amount of stress in your life without any resolutions. My best advice is to seek advice from people you respect and trust (not the drunks at your bar) and act on that advice.

Most good advice involves cleaning up your act, having a five-year plan (and 10 and 20 year plans too if possible), acting on those plans, better relations with family (at least those who are willing, the others will come around once they see you acting maturely). Taking additional training or even looking at another career path.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-23-2021)