Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 270

Thread: Are all Republicans fascists? Looks like it.

  1. #226 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13,555
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 2,659 Posts
    Groans
    203
    Groaned 109 Times in 107 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Probably. This was exactly what I was warning about last year that you dismissed because you didn't want to deal with it. Your continued habit of trying to BoThSiDeS it is what fuels it and gives it legitimacy so they attempt it.
    Thanks for making my point. If Democrats are willing to use illegal means to remove that person from office it shows both sides are willing to take extra-legal action to accomplish what they think is right.

    You make ridiculous claims since I do not support such action by either side. So, they get no legitimacy from me. They do get that legitimacy from you who wanted to shoot people for being on federal grazing land and assault a person for a flag or a uniform. That willingness to promote violence fuels both sides and illustrates their obsession with hate.

  2. #227 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    48,031
    Thanks
    5,441
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 7,885 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,805 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Thanks for making my point. If Democrats are willing to use illegal means to remove that person from office it shows both sides are willing to take extra-legal action to accomplish what they think is right.
    The only way Trump could have achieved being a dictator was to do so illegally, so what is your point?
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  3. #228 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    48,031
    Thanks
    5,441
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 7,885 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,805 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You make ridiculous claims since I do not support such action by either side.
    Well, the problem Flash is that one side already tried to do that, and the other side didn't.

    So what you're doing is pretending the other side WOULD, so that way you can make a bOtHsIdEs argument.

    You're comparing hypothetical with empirical because your lizard brain is just not evolved past binary thinking.

    It's bad faith.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  4. #229 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    48,031
    Thanks
    5,441
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 7,885 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,805 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    So, they get no legitimacy from me.
    Wrong, Flash, you legitimize what happened on 1/6 by posturing a hypothetical.

    You bear responsibility.


    They do get that legitimacy from you who wanted to shoot people for being on federal grazing land and assault a person for a flag or a uniform.
    First of all, that's a gross oversimplification of what the Bundy clan actually did.

    They didn't just graze on federal land, they illegally occupied it after refusing to pay FEES for grazing on that land.

    You have this horrible habit of oversimplifying things because your lizard brain isn't evolved enough to go beyond pure binary thinking, or because you have a façade you want to maintain and you do that by oversimplifying or making false equivalencies because your brain cannot handle imbalance. So you leave things out, you deliberately obfuscate the truth, for no other purpose than your own sense of self-satisfaction.

    Clearly a flag causes harm since a judge ordered a woman to remove it because it wasn't in the child's best interests.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  5. #230 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    48,031
    Thanks
    5,441
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 7,885 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,805 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    That willingness to promote violence fuels both sides and illustrates their obsession with hate.
    Yes Flash, we know you love Nazis and love hanging around Nazis.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  6. #231 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    16,087
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 3,520 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 377 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Thanks for making my point. If Democrats are willing to use illegal means to remove that person from office
    When did that happen?

  7. #232 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13,555
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 2,659 Posts
    Groans
    203
    Groaned 109 Times in 107 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The only way Trump could have achieved being a dictator was to do so illegally, so what is your point?
    The point is that you are willing to use illegal means to remove him. Both sides are willing to take illegal action to accomplish their goals.

  8. #233 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    48,031
    Thanks
    5,441
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 7,885 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,805 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The point is that you are willing to use illegal means to remove him.
    At that point, there is no illegality because Trump would have already invalidated all US laws.

    He would need to break the law in order to be a dictator.

    So start there, with his lawbreaking.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  9. #234 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    16,087
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 3,520 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 377 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The point is that you are willing to use illegal means to remove him. Both sides are willing to take illegal action to accomplish their goals.
    Stop lying.

  10. #235 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13,555
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 2,659 Posts
    Groans
    203
    Groaned 109 Times in 107 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Well, the problem Flash is that one side already tried to do that, and the other side didn't.

    So what you're doing is pretending the other side WOULD, so that way you can make a bOtHsIdEs argument.

    You're comparing hypothetical with empirical because your lizard brain is just not evolved past binary thinking.

    It's bad faith.

    But they were not successful and are not facing the punishment.

    Aren't you saying one side is good and the other is bad? That is binary thinking.

  11. #236 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    48,031
    Thanks
    5,441
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 7,885 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,805 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Both sides are willing to take illegal action to accomplish their goals.
    Trump launches a coup to illegally assume dictatorial powers in the US and according to you, Democrats at that point (Democrats wouldn't even exist at that point because Trump would declare the Democratic Party illegal) would be just as bad as Trump if they tried to throw him out.

    That is how stupid you sound.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  12. #237 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    16,087
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 3,520 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 377 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    But they were not successful and are not facing the punishment.

    Aren't you saying one side is good and the other is bad? That is binary thinking.
    Help me out here. What have the Dems done that is similar to President Trump organizing a violent attack on the Capitol?

  13. #238 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    48,031
    Thanks
    5,441
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 7,885 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,805 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Both sides are willing to take illegal action to accomplish their goals.
    In the scenario where Trump already illegally assumed power, how would removing him from power be "illegal" when the side would be declared illegal by the dictator anyway?
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  14. #239 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13,555
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 2,659 Posts
    Groans
    203
    Groaned 109 Times in 107 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    When did that happen?
    It was a hypothetical. LV426 said if Trump had been successful and was reinstalled in the presidency and began using dictatorial methods he thinks Democrats would be willing to use illegal methods to remove him. Makes perfect sense--it just shows both parties are willing to use the same methods to achieve "the greater good."

  15. #240 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    16,087
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 3,520 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 377 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It was a hypothetical. LV426 said if Trump had been successful and was reinstalled in the presidency and began using dictatorial methods he thinks Democrats would be willing to use illegal methods to remove him. Makes perfect sense--it just shows both parties are willing to use the same methods to achieve "the greater good."
    Oh, you're lying. Ok.

Similar Threads

  1. Today's REPUBLICANS are fascists
    By The Anonymous in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2021, 01:47 AM
  2. Republicans are fascists full stop
    By Micawber in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-11-2018, 08:36 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2017, 05:56 PM
  4. The Fascists Have Won
    By tsuke in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2017, 01:53 PM
  5. Who's the Fascists?
    By Cadillac Man in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2017, 08:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •