Thread: 'Conservatives' slap down Trump, go with super asshole DiSantis

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You are not wrong.

Now generally speaking it's not really a good idea to insult people you need to vote for you (see Clinton, Hillary and calling millions of people deplorables). Annatta isn't running for office but Republicans calling suburban women dumb is as stupid politically as Democrats who sh*t on working class whites. It doesn't really do a good job of making them want to side with you.

I get the frustration of others not voting the way I want them to (try living in the Bay Area for 35 years, haha) and I know I've said under my breath WTF are these folks thinking at times. But wouldn't pass the Dale Carnegie - How To Win Friends and Influence People test.

Edit: Anecdotally I know of about six (white) women (wives of friend's) who lean Republican politically but voted for Biden. Now they are all in California so it's not like it had any real effect on the election but I don't think these few women were unique across the country as the numbers showed. Republicans can win them back but they were done with Trump.
    Exactly my point from a prior post.

There’s a segment of the electorate [including the very wonderful suburban moms] that won’t vote for Trump. Period. It doesn’t matter how well the economy is doing or etc. Call it Orange Man Bad syndrome.

DeSantis is not Trump. Nobody is, but DeSantis can run on MAGA policies and the suburban won’t have to worry about whatever it is they were worrying about with Trump.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

DeSantis administration ‘reeks of corruption,’ vaccines linked to political donations

“The fact pattern is simply just too clear to avoid. Give campaign-contribution big dollars, and get special access to vaccines, ahead of seniors and ahead of our teachers”

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...ical-donations

yep, he'd be a great second act for that Manhattan con man, suck in those gullible teahicks by the droves

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-21-2021)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Royal Caribbean 1 DeSantis 0

The Florida-based cruise industry had originally announced that cruisegoers would need to be vaccinated, but DeSantis pushed through legislation that prohibits operators from requiring that customers be vaccinated in order to cruise.

Rather than engage in a lengthy and expensive legal battle, Royal Caribbean threaded the needle, and said fine, you want to cruise unvaccinated? There will be:

separate, yet comprehensive, sets of rules for the two sets of passengers that will be sailing aboard each ship: the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. It’s worth noting that all crew members will be fully vaccinated, regardless of what region they’re sailing in.

Those who opt not to get inoculated will nonetheless have to test for COVID-19, except for tykes under the age of two. "Our unvaccinated guests must undergo additional COVID-19 testing at their own expense, and follow the health protocols described below, which are based on guidance from the CDC," the guidelines stipulate. This means multiple tests, including a pre-cruise PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding, one at the terminal prior to embarkation and another performed on board before disembarking. Unvaccinated guests 16 and older will pay $136 per test, while those ages two to 15 will have testing costs covered by the cruise line.

Royal Caribbean also advises, "Since the majority of our guests will be vaccinated on Freedom of the Seas, there will be venues and events restricted to vaccinated guests only."

Unvaccinated guests will also need to wear their face masks more often than the vaccinated. In terms of onboard dining, passengers will also be seated separately according to vaccine status.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cru...s-options.html

I can't stand cruises or cruise operators but I've got to hand it to RC here, just shoved DeSantis' bullshit down his throat

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-21-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-21-2021)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    You can be certain of that. Trump won white men, and lost pretty much every other demographic.

Basically what he's saying is that Trump was substance... and anyone that didn't vote for him was 'dumb'. It's interesting that his choice demographic was women. Interesting and revealing. He's a misogynist pig along with being an idiot and a traitor to his country.

I guess highly educated people are 'dumb' too. But myPillow telephone salesmen are geniuses.

For the last four years Mr. Owl has been saying that he believes that one reason why #TRE45ON got as far as he did was that stupid TV game show. It made idiots and simpletons think that he really WAS some genius businessman, and of course there was the name and face recognition as well. Talk about style over substance.

Just finished reading a WaPo article about doxing far-right extremists as a tactic by the left. The article was about a white male Cultist who verbally and physically attacked a reporter who had been filming them at a MAGA rally last November. She uploaded video of the attack and his name, address, employer, etc. were discovered and published. He is an ex-con, drug-abusing h.s. dropout. He then lost his ironworker job. His wife posted her own whiny rant and lost her Walmart job (although she said it was from absenteeism). She is also a h.s. dropout. All the best people, Trump's poorly-educated.

You can read it here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...248_story.html
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post

The Florida-based cruise industry had originally announced that cruisegoers would need to be vaccinated, but DeSantis pushed through legislation that prohibits operators from requiring that customers be vaccinated in order to cruise.

Rather than engage in a lengthy and expensive legal battle, Royal Caribbean threaded the needle, and said fine, you want to cruise unvaccinated? There will be:

separate, yet comprehensive, sets of rules for the two sets of passengers that will be sailing aboard each ship: the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. It’s worth noting that all crew members will be fully vaccinated, regardless of what region they’re sailing in.

Those who opt not to get inoculated will nonetheless have to test for COVID-19, except for tykes under the age of two. "Our unvaccinated guests must undergo additional COVID-19 testing at their own expense, and follow the health protocols described below, which are based on guidance from the CDC," the guidelines stipulate. This means multiple tests, including a pre-cruise PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding, one at the terminal prior to embarkation and another performed on board before disembarking. Unvaccinated guests 16 and older will pay $136 per test, while those ages two to 15 will have testing costs covered by the cruise line.

Royal Caribbean also advises, "Since the majority of our guests will be vaccinated on Freedom of the Seas, there will be venues and events restricted to vaccinated guests only."

Unvaccinated guests will also need to wear their face masks more often than the vaccinated. In terms of onboard dining, passengers will also be seated separately according to vaccine status.

I can't stand cruises or cruise operators but I've got to hand it to RC here, just shoved DeSantis' bullshit down his throat
    Good for them. Treat them like the pariahs that they are.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post

I think it shoves it down the throat of the ignorant anti-vaxxers. They are basically making sure that the experience is expensive and unpleasant. It's still not a great solution, as there could still be an outbreak on the ship that will cause people to be stuck there. We'll see.

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You say that as if it’s a problem lol.

74 million voters are going to go somewhere and I severely doubt it will be Kamala’s direction.
    Thanks for stating once again that Trump lost. Apparently it needs to be said quite often for it to thoroughly sink in. The loser lost.

It is unlikely that every one of those 74 million will vote the same way the next time. In 2022, Trump will not be on the ballot. That was the case in GA for the Senate runoff election earlier this year that did not go well for the right.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

I dont know enough about this Fl Gov but he sure has been impressive on COVID compared to the rest of the state leaders.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Exactly my point from a prior post.

There’s a segment of the electorate [including the very wonderful suburban moms] that won’t vote for Trump. Period. It doesn’t matter how well the economy is doing or etc. Call it Orange Man Bad syndrome.

DeSantis is not Trump. Nobody is, but DeSantis can run on MAGA policies and the suburban won’t have to worry about whatever it is they were worrying about with Trump.
    Here's the thing though and it applies to all politicians. Policies are obviously very important but when voting for President there's an added element to it. Do you remember in 2000 when liberals complained that people like Gore's policies better but more voted for Bush because they'd 'rather have a beer with him'? There's always an element of that.

I actually thought Hillary ran a great ad in 2008 (in her campaign against Obama). It was the one about being 3am, an emergency call was made to the White House and who do you trust more to receive it? I should say from a political perspective I thought it was good because the Presidency is really about leadership and confidence and does the President offer the former and instill the latter in the country. And with Trump facing a situation like COVID, even though a lot is out of the President's hands, people still look to him for leadership and confidence during that. And how he handled it has been discussed/debate ad nauseum, I'm not trying to rehash it, but how people felt about that probably determined as much or more in how they voted than did certain policies.

(For me I go back to why Reagan is so revered by so many. He had great policies no question. But he also took over a country in 'malaise' and made it feel good/great about itself again.)

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    For the last four years Mr. Owl has been saying that he believes that one reason why #TRE45ON got as far as he did was that stupid TV game show. It made idiots and simpletons think that he really WAS some genius businessman, and of course there was the name and face recognition as well. Talk about style over substance.

Just finished reading a WaPo article about doxing far-right extremists as a tactic by the left. The article was about a white male Cultist who verbally and physically attacked a reporter who had been filming them at a MAGA rally last November. She uploaded video of the attack and his name, address, employer, etc. were discovered and published. He is an ex-con, drug-abusing h.s. dropout. He then lost his ironworker job. His wife posted her own whiny rant and lost her Walmart job (although she said it was from absenteeism). She is also a h.s. dropout. All the best people, Trump's poorly-educated.

You can read it here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...248_story.html
    ANTIFA does doxxing on a regular basis. They use social media to organize.
    I see it on my FB linked to a guy in Portland.

Mr Owl is clueless if he thinks Trump got in because of a game show.
    His policies of American first were superior to the run of the mill globalists of Bush,Obama and now Biden.

Trump was talking about the China threat when Biden was says they were not even our "competitors'

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Thanks for stating once again that Trump lost. Apparently it needs to be said quite often for it to thoroughly sink in. The loser lost.

It is unlikely that every one of those 74 million will vote the same way the next time. In 2022, Trump will not be on the ballot. That was the case in GA for the Senate runoff election earlier this year that did not go well for the right.
    Biden was installed.

Where are 74 million Trump voters going to go? To Romney lol? Keep in mind 74 million is a big number. Biden allegedly got 81 million but that was in an unusual election. This is why democrats are hot to change national election laws—they found a winning formula.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Son of the Revolution (06-21-2021)

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Here's the thing though and it applies to all politicians. Policies are obviously very important but when voting for President there's an added element to it. Do you remember in 2000 when liberals complained that people like Gore's policies better but more voted for Bush because they'd 'rather have a beer with him'? There's always an element of that.

I actually thought Hillary ran a great ad in 2008 (in her campaign against Obama). It was the one about being 3am, an emergency call was made to the White House and who do you trust more to receive it? I should say from a political perspective I thought it was good because the Presidency is really about leadership and confidence and does the President offer the former and instill the latter in the country. And with Trump facing a situation like COVID, even though a lot is out of the President's hands, people still look to him for leadership and confidence during that. And how he handled it has been discussed/debate ad nauseum, I'm not trying to rehash it, but how people felt about that probably determined as much or more in how they voted than did certain policies.

(For me I go back to why Reagan is so revered by so many. He had great policies no question. But he also took over a country in 'malaise' and made it feel good/great about itself again.)
    lol.. i.e "dumb suburban women" are not alone in voting on their "feelings".
    I completely agree.. for me i dont care about Biden's inability to finish a sentence and more then I care about
    Trump warring with the press - but I recognize many do
    "just make the trains run on time" is my issues - what they say doesnt effect me otherwise

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You may disagree, but the corporate media/Big Tech syndicate was going to hang the CCP virus around Trump’s neck. It was a foregone conclusion. Granted, Trump said some stupid things BUT his move with Operation Warp Speed ensured Biden would have a hefty supply of vaccines *guaranteed*.

It was the governors acting on Fauci’s ‘suggestions’ the wrecked Trump’s economy. Not that they would dare report it that way, so Trump had, what was for all intents Fauci’s economy, hung around his neck going into November.

Democrats played it wonderfully. Even Jane Fonda called Covid ‘a godsend’. She said the quiet part out loud. Not that it was necessary. Anyone paying attention could see what was going on. They even kept a lid on the lab origin theory by *lying* that it was a conspiracy theory. It was never a conspiracy theory. From Day One it was entirely plausible that the virus escaped from the Wuhan virology lab. But that that little tidbit would have taken away from the fake Trump virus narrative.

But yeah, charisma matters. I don’t see where DeSantis lacks it. As a matter of fact he’s well spoken and very intelligent; he’s not afraid to go against the herd mentality and he proved that with the way he handled Covid in FL. In fact, he seems to be a strong leader.

I think he would be excellent on top of the ticket.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (06-21-2021)

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

You may disagree, but the corporate media/Big Tech syndicate was going to hang the CCP virus around Trump’s neck. It was a foregone conclusion. Granted, Trump said some stupid things BUT his move with Operation Warp Speed ensured Biden would have a hefty supply of vaccines *guaranteed*.

It was the governors acting on Fauci’s ‘suggestions’ the wrecked Trump’s economy. Not that they would dare report it that way, so Trump had, what was for all intents Fauci’s economy, hung around his neck going into November.

Democrats played it wonderfully. Even Jane Fonda called Covid ‘a godsend’. She said the quiet part out loud. Not that it was necessary. Anyone paying attention could see what was going on. They even kept a lid on the lab origin theory by *lying* that it was a conspiracy theory. It was never a conspiracy theory. From Day One it was entirely plausible that the virus escaped from the Wuhan virology lab. But that that little tidbit would have taken away from the fake Trump virus narrative.

But yeah, charisma matters. I don’t see where DeSantis lacks it. As a matter of fact he’s well spoken and very intelligent; he’s not afraid to go against the herd mentality and he proved that with the way he handled Covid in FL. In fact, he seems to be a strong leader.

I think he would be excellent on top of the ticket.
    There's no debating the degree to which the media hated Trump. It was off the charts and they didn't even try to hide it. But here's where I'll differ with you. The press has always disliked/hated Republicans and we've overcome that before. If negativity from the press drove elections Republicans would never win office.

With social media and Trump being on TV basically every day during COVID he had access to the American people. It wasn't like the American public was in the dark and only received info about Trump from the press. Trump was front and center on a daily basis speaking directly to the country. And this was during a time when we were stuck at home with the TV on constantly. For better and/or worse people saw him in action and then made their decisions at the polls.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Biden was installed.

Where are 74 million Trump voters going to go? To Romney lol? Keep in mind 74 million is a big number. Biden allegedly got 81 million but that was in an unusual election. This is why democrats are hot to change national election laws—they found a winning formula.
    Biden was installed by getting more votes and winning the electoral college. Really, what a lot of those voters wanted? No more Trump. They spoke, they got what they wanted. And actually Biden turns out to be instantly more popular than Trump ever was, and remained with a higher approval rating than Trump ever had. Biden has had majority approval since before the election, and Trump never had it once.

The voters of the nation spoke, and the voters got what they wanted.

Now what makes you think the 74 million who voted for the loser will all vote the same way next time?

Or will they even vote at all after such a disgusting result.

Or that anyone on the right can energize crowds like Trump could?

Is there anyone on the right who generates that kind of Elvis-like trance?

Who else on the right has a cult-like following that size?

There is widespread disgust with Trump. Many whop supported him would not do it again.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.