Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Background Checks Is The Greatest Threat To Freedoms

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 89 Posts

Default Background Checks Is The Greatest Threat To Freedoms

BACKGROUND CHECKS IS DOUBLESPEAK FOR REGISTRATION. REGISTRATION IS THE FINAL STEP BEFORE CONFISCATION.

XXXXX

Incidentally, how many movies and TV shows have you seen where a fictional character says his gun is registered, or a cop nails him for having an unregistered gun. The last time I did a background check on the Second Amendment it did not say:

. . . the right of the people to keep and bear REGISTERED Arms shall not be infringed.

Background checks has always been a backdoor approach to registration; so it comes as no surprise that Democrats want more BCs.

As I said many times, the government fears the location of the guns they do not know about. Confiscating guns is a little difficult when the government does not know where the guns live. In truth, media mouths have just as much to fear from law-abiding unknown gun-owners than does the government. Government stooges in the media must know that if Democrat gun-grabbers bring this country to violent revolution media mouths will be the first ones to get shot.

Never forget that if you own a gun and your name is on a list of any kind the government has that list. As much as I respect the NRA, there is no doubt in my mind the government has the names of everybody on the NRA’s membership roll.

A substantial number of Americans see no harm in background checks or a national registry. The problem is in convincing EVERY private sector American that they will lose a constitutional Right along with gun owners. Bottom line: Americans who are being conned by Democrats are begging to die victims right alongside those gun-owners the federal government will disarm.

The sole purpose of background checks is to set up a data bank so the federal government knows the location of every gun. So how come not one media mouth ever suggested that the government must delete all records of every person after they clear a background check? (I am probably being naive. There is no way in hell the government will delete an essential component of confiscation.)

When you get right down to it, why should Americans believe anything government officials say about background checks when they lie all of the time?

You can believe the one thing government liars say. The police and the military will obey when they are ordered to confiscate all of the guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans?

Finally, federal control of the military, and local law enforcement, combined with confiscating millions of “background check” guns has long been a major objective for Democrats. Every shooting followed by more wall-to-wall media coverage might be enough to give Hakeem Jeffries, Mitt Romney and their kind the groundswell they need to legislate the Second Amendment to death without asking the pubic’s permission to abolish the Second Amendment.

No law is supposed to override the Constitution, yet every one of the more than 40,000 gun control laws on the books supersedes the Second Amendment.

p.s. If you could make one of two organizations disappear forever which one would you choose?

1. National Rifle Association.

2. American Civil Liberties Union.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...77#post2887277

The McCloskeys prompted me to remind readers about background checks:

The St. Louis couple who brandished weapons while staring down Black Lives Matter demonstrators have gotten new weapons to replace their confiscated firearms.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who days ago pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges for aiming guns at protesters in June 2020 at the height of the protests after George Floyd's death, have gotten new AR-15-style guns to replace the firearms state authorities will destroy as part of their plea bargains.

"Checking out my new AR!" Mark McCloskey wrote in a tweet Saturday, along with the hashtags "#2A," in reference to the Second Amendment, and "#MOSen," acknowledging his Senate candidacy.

McCloskeys get new guns after firearms confiscation
    by Carly Roman
    June 20, 2021 05:06 PM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...s-confiscation

In a nutshell, the McCloskeys won a moral victory. Sad to say their plea bargain will become government justification for confiscation.

NOTE: Everything government parasites do to the Constitution with the fake pandemic they learned from background checks. Basically, the government orders every American to wear masks, while the government tells Americans they cannot own guns. Both diktats enforce a tyrant’s morality:

We all finally acquiesced. This is how it always works in dystopia: the managers of society negotiate on the extreme measures while allowing the culture to adapt to the minor ones. People eventually go along with the new normal.

XXXXX

“There is this warning from William Pitt the Younger, roughly paraphrasing a similar sentiment in John Milton’s Paradise Lost: ‘Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.’

XXXXX

Once you grant it – once you say to powerful people that they can do what they want to your body and rights so long as they have a good excuse – you create a grave moral hazard. It’s a tyrant’s dream. Cite the right reasons and restrictions on the use of power vanish.

Court unleashes verdict on orders to mask up
    Published June 20, 2021 at 1:15pm
    By Jeffrey Tucker

https://www.wnd.com/2021/06/court-un...t-orders-mask/
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flanders For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-21-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    BACKGROUND CHECKS IS DOUBLESPEAK FOR REGISTRATION. REGISTRATION IS THE FINAL STEP BEFORE CONFISCATION.

XXXXX

Incidentally, how many movies and TV shows have you seen where a fictional character says his gun is registered, or a cop nails him for having an unregistered gun. The last time I did a background check on the Second Amendment it did not say:

. . . the right of the people to keep and bear REGISTERED Arms shall not be infringed.

Background checks has always been a backdoor approach to registration; so it comes as no surprise that Democrats want more BCs.

As I said many times, the government fears the location of the guns they do not know about. Confiscating guns is a little difficult when the government does not know where the guns live. In truth, media mouths have just as much to fear from law-abiding unknown gun-owners than does the government. Government stooges in the media must know that if Democrat gun-grabbers bring this country to violent revolution media mouths will be the first ones to get shot.

Never forget that if you own a gun and your name is on a list of any kind the government has that list. As much as I respect the NRA, there is no doubt in my mind the government has the names of everybody on the NRA’s membership roll.

A substantial number of Americans see no harm in background checks or a national registry. The problem is in convincing EVERY private sector American that they will lose a constitutional Right along with gun owners. Bottom line: Americans who are being conned by Democrats are begging to die victims right alongside those gun-owners the federal government will disarm.

The sole purpose of background checks is to set up a data bank so the federal government knows the location of every gun. So how come not one media mouth ever suggested that the government must delete all records of every person after they clear a background check? (I am probably being naive. There is no way in hell the government will delete an essential component of confiscation.)

When you get right down to it, why should Americans believe anything government officials say about background checks when they lie all of the time?

You can believe the one thing government liars say. The police and the military will obey when they are ordered to confiscate all of the guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans?

Finally, federal control of the military, and local law enforcement, combined with confiscating millions of “background check” guns has long been a major objective for Democrats. Every shooting followed by more wall-to-wall media coverage might be enough to give Hakeem Jeffries, Mitt Romney and their kind the groundswell they need to legislate the Second Amendment to death without asking the pubic’s permission to abolish the Second Amendment.

No law is supposed to override the Constitution, yet every one of the more than 40,000 gun control laws on the books supersedes the Second Amendment.

p.s. If you could make one of two organizations disappear forever which one would you choose?

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...77#post2887277

The McCloskeys prompted me to remind readers about background checks:

The St. Louis couple who brandished weapons while staring down Black Lives Matter demonstrators have gotten new weapons to replace their confiscated firearms.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who days ago pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges for aiming guns at protesters in June 2020 at the height of the protests after George Floyd's death, have gotten new AR-15-style guns to replace the firearms state authorities will destroy as part of their plea bargains.

"Checking out my new AR!" Mark McCloskey wrote in a tweet Saturday, along with the hashtags "#2A," in reference to the Second Amendment, and "#MOSen," acknowledging his Senate candidacy.

McCloskeys get new guns after firearms confiscation
    by Carly Roman
    June 20, 2021 05:06 PM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...s-confiscation

In a nutshell, the McCloskeys won a moral victory. Sad to say their plea bargain will become government justification for confiscation.

NOTE: Everything government parasites do to the Constitution with the fake pandemic they learned from background checks. Basically, the government orders every American to wear masks, while the government tells Americans they cannot own guns. Both diktats enforce a tyrant’s morality:

We all finally acquiesced. This is how it always works in dystopia: the managers of society negotiate on the extreme measures while allowing the culture to adapt to the minor ones. People eventually go along with the new normal.

XXXXX

“There is this warning from William Pitt the Younger, roughly paraphrasing a similar sentiment in John Milton’s Paradise Lost: ‘Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.’

XXXXX

Once you grant it – once you say to powerful people that they can do what they want to your body and rights so long as they have a good excuse – you create a grave moral hazard. It’s a tyrant’s dream. Cite the right reasons and restrictions on the use of power vanish.

Court unleashes verdict on orders to mask up
    Published June 20, 2021 at 1:15pm
    By Jeffrey Tucker

https://www.wnd.com/2021/06/court-un...t-orders-mask/
    Sure, just like Jewish laser started all the forest fires in Calfornia.

Just like Italian satellites changed the votes from the voting machines from Dotard to Biden.

Just like ballots were fed to chickens, then incinerated.

"If you could make one of two organizations disappear forever which one would you choose"?

Don't have to pick the NRA is bankrupt.

January 15 2021
    The National Rifle Association of America, the nation's foremost gun lobby, has filed for bankruptcy, according to court documents filed Friday in the Northern District of Texas.
    The Chapter 11 announcement follows leadership shakeups and allegations of financial mismanagement at the NRA in recent years.
    New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit in August accusing the NRA's senior leadership of violating laws governing nonprofit groups and using millions of dollars from the organization's reserves for personal use and tax fraud.

So much for those "lifetime" memberships.

SUCKERS

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no worries For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-27-2021), Hoosier Daddy (06-22-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit in August accusing the NRA's senior leadership of violating laws governing nonprofit groups and using millions of dollars from the organization's reserves for personal use and tax fraud.
    To no worries: You and your kind are in trouble when you make your case with George Soros:

George Soros spent millions of dollars around the nation to elect state and local prosecutors as part of an on-going campaign to radically transform law enforcement in the United States and weaponize the law to use it against those who won’t go along with the radical-left manifesto. He’s enjoyed success at the county level in Virginia, in Chicago and at the state level in Missouri, New York and California. Jennifer Soros, daughter-in-law of hedge fund manager George Soros was a major donor to James.

New York: SOROS-Backed Radical Attorney General Seeks to Dissolve NRA in Its Entirety In New Lawsuit
    By Pamela Geller
    August 6, 2020

https://gellerreport.com/2020/08/new...-lawsuit.html/

I still have hopes that 91 year old George Soros (1930 - ?) (born György Schwartz in Hungary) will be deported before he bites the dust:

Conspirators do not come cheap; hence, George Soros is the primary source of income for the open-borders crowd conspiracy. I doubt if Malkin’s book will prompt the Department of Justice to deport Soros back to Hungary; nevertheless, I am putting the possibility at the top of my wish list:

Hungary wants more info on Soros-UN debit cards as they may finance terrorism
    By Hungary Journal
    11 November 2018

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/11/hu...nce-terrorism/

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...11#post3247411
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

2. American Civil Liberties Union.[/INDENT]
    ATF
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    ATF
    To SmarterthanYou: Good choice, but government agencies never disappear —— they just grow and grow with more tax dollars.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To SmarterthanYou: Good choice, but government agencies never disappear —— they just grow and grow with more tax dollars.
    very true, but your question was 'If I could make one organization disappear'.............
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,764 Times in 7,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Poppies make a good point.

America has always thrived as a perpetual shooting gallery where Constitutionally-validated idiots cap one another's asses routinely.

Any effort to make adjustments infringes upon our freedom to gleefully shoot one another, which, after all,

is in the eyes of many,

the primary obligation that comes with American citizenship.

I've been an irresponsible citizen.

I've never shot anybody on THIS continent, at least.

I own nine firearms. so I have no excuse.

All I have to do is dig them up from under about six decades worth of old golf clubs,

plus an infinite number of plastic totes filled with stuff my parents left behind.

They left me less than thirty years ago, so I haven't had the opportunity to look inside them yet.

Plus my wife had parents too.

Oh, also a bunch of my kids' old toys that we saved for grandchildren that never came.

Anyway, those fucking guns cost a lot of money, and they're all down there someplace.

What do you think?

Is it time to start being a respectable American and start shooting?
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

when did you join LVs idiot camp of not understanding what freedom is or means?

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    very true, but your question was 'If I could make one organization disappear'.............
    To SmarterthanYou: My fault. I should have been more precise. I should have said —— If I could make one private sector organization disappear.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To SmarterthanYou: My fault. I should have been more precise. I should have said —— If I could make one private sector organization disappear.
    no worries. both are excellent questions.....too bad we could only choose one

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    What do you think?

Is it time to start being a respectable American and start shooting?
    To NiftyNiblick: Nice satire except for the questions.

Shooting at government tyrants is always respectable.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

See we’re back to the “freedom” and “their coming to take away the guns” bullshit again.

Been hearing the same lame crap for decades, when someone arrives to actually confiscate your toys get back to us

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    See we’re back to the “freedom” and “their coming to take away the guns” bullshit again.

Been hearing the same lame crap for decades, when someone arrives to actually confiscate your toys get back to us
    if they are 'toys', why do you want to ban them?

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    To archives: Asshole. Communists (Democrats) did not make background checks a top priority until recently.

Confiscation will take place when Democrat scum in government have all of their ducks lined up —— when they are certain they know where at least 90 percent of the guns are located.

XXXXX

As I said many times, the government fears the location of the guns they do not know about. Confiscating guns is a little difficult when the government does not know where the guns live.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow. It's the first time I've agreed with Flanders.

The Second Amendment is CLEAR.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Flanders (06-21-2021)