Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you sure white supremacists are the problem?

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pax Mongolica View Post
    If I post the links that were cited, will you bother reading them, or do I have to do everything for you?
    Did you ever take an English class in high school? Because that is when they teach how to cite information.

I will explain it. You post the sentence(s) with the revenue generated by cartels in relation to drug income. The link is the source for that. Understand?

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    u ask for a source!

u got one..NBC

I did not ask for a link. And...I'm tired of explaining things you should have learned in high school.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,633 Times in 10,059 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    So don't go there? I keep saying that over and over again.
    So don't go there?

Thats the problem...in America there should not be any...dont go there areas!!!!

But blacks have made them

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

So don't go there?

Thats the problem...in America there should not be any...dont go there areas!!!!

But blacks have made them
    I agree that the problem should be solved fast. I suggest legalizing some drugs. I guarantee you that you will see a reduction of crimes.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I did not ask for a link. And...I'm tired of explaining things you should have learned in high school.
    u ask for a source..u were given one NBC

A source can be a printed document, an online document, a speech, a quote or even a television or radio program.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/how...-evidence.html

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

u ask for a source..u were given one NBC

A source can be a printed document, an online document, a speech, a quote or even a television or radio program.

I explained it. Don't care if you can't comprehend.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I explained it. Don't care if you can't comprehend.
    Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Never heard of that. Will you cite a source?

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Did you ever take an English class in high school? Because that is when they teach how to cite information.

I will explain it. You post the sentence(s) with the revenue generated by cartels in relation to drug income. The link is the source for that. Understand?
    "Santiago Nieto, head of Mexico’s financial intelligence unit (UIF), said his team had discovered that some of the country’s most notorious cartels had branched out into sex trafficking, especially ones whose core business faced disruption....

Mexico is an origin, transit and destination country for human trafficking, a global business estimated to be worth $150 billion a year....

Human trafficking may be the third-largest illicit activity in Mexico, after drugs and guns, he estimated."

That's from the link that Volsrock posted. Now, yes, it does say third-largest. Maybe guns are the second most profitable then.

However, if drugs were to be legalized or decriminalized, it can logically be assumed that guns and humans would be trafficked more, if they were comparably more profitable as a result.

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Santiago Nieto, head of Mexico’s financial intelligence unit (UIF), said his team had discovered that some of the country’s most notorious cartels had branched out into sex trafficking, especially ones whose core business faced disruption....

Mexico is an origin, transit and destination country for human trafficking, a global business estimated to be worth $150 billion a year....

Human trafficking may be the third-largest illicit activity in Mexico, after drugs and guns, he estimated."

That's from the link that Volsrock posted. Now, yes, it does say third-largest. Maybe guns are the second most profitable then.

However, if drugs were to be legalized or decriminalized, it can logically be assumed that guns and humans would be trafficked more, if they were comparably more profitable as a result.

Mexican cartels exist because Mexico is very corrupt. I don't see how this is a problem for the US.

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mexican cartels exist because Mexico is very corrupt. I don't see how this is a problem for the US.
    With proper border control, it wouldn't be a problem for the US, but we don't have that.

11. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Whether or not cartels stay involved in drugs is only partially dependent on legality. Unless regulations strictly control the source of legal drugs, then a cartel could easily continue to sell drugs legally given their resources.

Think of it like how the mafia was still involved in alcohol trade after the end of Prohibition. It was legal and less profitable, but still profitable enough at first to stay involved.
    yes. the ilegal trasde may be cheaper, but if the weed market is any indicator - it's not
    Dispensaries do offer top quality weed and some quality controls. But you prolly pay a bit more then street prices.

"harm reduction" is the only sane way to even attempt to un-fuck up this FUBAR

Harm Reduction
    https://drugpolicy.org/issues/harm-reduction
    Harm reduction is a set of ideas and interventions that seek to reduce the harms associated with both drug use and ineffective, racialized drug policies.

Harm reduction stands in stark contrast to a punitive approach to problematic drug use—it is based on acknowledging the dignity and humanity of people who use drugs and bringing them into a community of care in order to minimize negative consequences and promote optimal health and social inclusion.

12. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

With proper border control, it wouldn't be a problem for the US, but we don't have that.
    I guess.

13. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    yes. the ilegal trasde may be cheaper, but if the weed market is any indicator - it's not
    Dispensaries do offer top quality weed and some quality controls. But you prolly pay a bit more then street prices.

"harm reduction" is the only sane way to even attempt to un-fuck up this FUBAR

Harm Reduction
    https://drugpolicy.org/issues/harm-reduction
    Harm reduction is a set of ideas and interventions that seek to reduce the harms associated with both drug use and ineffective, racialized drug policies.

Harm reduction stands in stark contrast to a punitive approach to problematic drug use—it is based on acknowledging the dignity and humanity of people who use drugs and bringing them into a community of care in order to minimize negative consequences and promote optimal health and social inclusion.
    I'm not saying that legalization would still involve illegal sales. I'm saying legalization allows for cartels to sell a product they already have a supply chain for.

The main appeal to continuing to sell drugs in a legal market for a cartel would be for laundering money they make in other still illicit industries like guns and human trafficking.

14. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

What does entail a "proper border control"?

15. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    What does entail a "proper border control"?
    That's complicated enough for its own thread, but here's a summary for the American context.

1) a militarized border with the resources capable of tracking and filtering all who cross the Mexican border. This is much more complex than a physical wall. You would need bases constructed along regular intervals of the border along with drone support for observation.

2) consistent enforcement of federal law against employers of illegals, so that the demand for illegal labor dries up. Many employers would face prison time.

3) Similar approaches to our marine borders to stop illegal transport (whether involving people, drugs, or other illicit materials) and also controls at the Canadian border.