Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this the problem with CRT?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Default Is this the problem with CRT?

Help me out here - just trying to figure out the big issue here.

As I understand it, minorities didn't have real equality or even legal equality for centuries. Racism was just a fact of life at every level - in our laws, the way our citizens were treated and just in everyday interactions.

Which is pretty bad if you were a minority. I doubt most in the majority can even imagine it. To many of them, just wearing a mask sporadically during a pandemic is "oppression."

But I'm digressing. As I understand it, the big problem with teaching CRT is that....it might make some people feel a little bad?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

As I understand it, minorities didn't have real equality or even legal equality for centuries. Racism was just a fact of life at every level - in our laws, the way our citizens were treated and just in everyday interactions.

Which is pretty bad if you were a minority. I doubt most in the majority can even imagine it. To many of them, just wearing a mask sporadically during a pandemic is "oppression."

But I'm digressing. As I understand it, the big problem with teaching CRT is that....it might make some people feel a little bad?
    There have been numerous threads started on this board regarding CRT so I don't know if you're going to get anything new here that hasn't already been discussed. There is plenty of writing out there that supports CRT and is against it (including from non right-wing black people).

CRT has been around for decades but the way it's functioning in certain schools/classrooms today is pretty new. And unless you have kids in school and/or live in an urban area it's a good chance you probably never heard of it before this past year. And like many things it has become politicized and then partisanship/tribalism kicks in in terms of who does or doesn't support it.

The responses I find most interesting are from the parents whose children school's CRT is being put into practice. People on a board like this can say they are for it or against it but it doesn't affect us directly. But the reaction from parents, even those in the most progressive parts of the country speak loudly (because when it's your kid ideology often goes out the window).

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,772 Times in 27,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    There have been numerous threads started on this board regarding CRT so I don't know if you're going to get anything new here that hasn't already been discussed. There is plenty of writing out there that supports CRT and is against it (including from non right-wing black people).

CRT has been around for decades but the way it's functioning in certain schools/classrooms today is pretty new. And unless you have kids in school and/or live in an urban area it's a good chance you probably never heard of it before this past year. And like many things it has become politicized and then partisanship/tribalism kicks in in terms of who does or doesn't support it.

The responses I find most interesting are from the parents whose children school's CRT is being put into practice. People on a board like this can say they are for it or against it but it doesn't affect us directly. But the reaction from parents, even those in the most progressive parts of the country speak loudly (because when it's your kid ideology often goes out the window).

NAME THE SCHOOLS

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Critical Race Theory is not taught in public schools

It is a college level academic area of study
    bull fucking shit.... public boards are trying to shove this shit down our childrens throat.... they will be stopped

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

So to your point

Yes

They say it will make white kids feel guilty if we teach the real complete history of slavery and the post civil war racist southern insistence that non white people need to be treated like non citizens with no equal rights because they hate non whites and are Sad they lost their traitors war

So the suggestion they have is we teach a stripped down version that leaves out all the evil southern racists doings right up until today to keep white children from getting sad

They say it’s much better to teach false history which makes black and non white kids feel bad about themselves

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    bull fucking shit.... public boards are trying to shove this shit down our childrens throat.... they will be stopped
    Name those school boards and show us the documentation they are teaching Critical Race Theory

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Name those school boards and show us the documentation they are teaching Critical Race Theory
    I am not going to do the work for you... you wouldn't accept it anyway bitch

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The right wants lies and half truths taught to American kids as history so white kids don’t get sad

But it’s fine if it makes kids of color feel sad

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are correct

I don’t believe you

And you can’t name one because it’s a lie

If it were true you would be scrambling to repeat the information

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don’t do your homework cheater

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

ROFL.
    you mean calling me a white oppressor because of my "whiteness", and Equity based outcomes?
    Making whit people take training classes to stop being "white" and distorting US history by the 1619 Project.

And you cant figure out the opposition to CRT?? lol

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are correct

I don’t believe you

And you can’t name one because it’s a lie

If it were true you would be scrambling to repeat the information
    you really are one stupid mother fucking liberal cocksucker