Thread: I'm living the Republican agenda in Texas

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default I'm living the Republican agenda in Texas

This post is meant as a warning. Because the idiots who have done this in Texas are not going to stop at the state border. I’m living the Republican agenda, and it may very well kill me. Which is exactly what the Republicans want.

I have been jobless since the pandemic began. No, please don’t send me suggestions of where to look for jobs. Because I’ve been searching since day one. Actively. Earnestly. Seriously.

Abbott is cutting the pandemic unemployment in another week. I am going to be forced to take a job where I will literally be making less than one-half what I was making pre-pandemic. Why? Because even if there are jobs available, there are none in my field that pay anything. And most won’t hire people of a certain age - which I am.

Once I am forced to take the shit job, I won’t be making enough to cover my expenses. I won’t be able to continue to look and interview because I’ll need to be on premises at the shitty job all the time in order to make as much as I possibly can. So, I’ll be stuck. I’m too old to work more than one job. My body won’t handle that.

I stand to lose everything. Fall to my knees and weep? Every day.

The stress alone will probably kill me. That’s fine with the Republicans. Less SSI coming out of the coffers.

This is the Republican agenda. This is the outcome that Ronald Reagan wanted. They win. I give up.

Short of Stacy Abrams and Beto O’Rourke, I don’t see Democrats fighting for change. You can disagree with me. That’s fine. But I don’t see fire and fight. I see rhetoric and acquiescing. I see big ideas getting watered down to nothing. I see capitulation. I see stupidity.

Where in the hell do we go from here? I don’t have the fight left. Does anyone else? Give me some hope. Please. Give me some hope.

~ hamsterjillover at DU

poor Texas, Californians are now taking their prime jobs and scarfing up their prime real estate, sign of the times

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-18-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    This post is meant as a warning. Because the idiots who have done this in Texas are not going to stop at the state border. I’m living the Republican agenda, and it may very well kill me. Which is exactly what the Republicans want.

I have been jobless since the pandemic began. No, please don’t send me suggestions of where to look for jobs. Because I’ve been searching since day one. Actively. Earnestly. Seriously.

Abbott is cutting the pandemic unemployment in another week. I am going to be forced to take a job where I will literally be making less than one-half what I was making pre-pandemic. Why? Because even if there are jobs available, there are none in my field that pay anything. And most won’t hire people of a certain age - which I am.

Once I am forced to take the shit job, I won’t be making enough to cover my expenses. I won’t be able to continue to look and interview because I’ll need to be on premises at the shitty job all the time in order to make as much as I possibly can. So, I’ll be stuck. I’m too old to work more than one job. My body won’t handle that.

The stress alone will probably kill me. That’s fine with the Republicans. Less SSI coming out of the coffers.

This is the Republican agenda. This is the outcome that Ronald Reagan wanted. They win. I give up.

Short of Stacy Abrams and Beto O’Rourke, I don’t see Democrats fighting for change. You can disagree with me. That’s fine. But I don’t see fire and fight. I see rhetoric and acquiescing. I see big ideas getting watered down to nothing. I see capitulation. I see stupidity.

Where in the hell do we go from here? I don’t have the fight left. Does anyone else? Give me some hope. Please. Give me some hope.

~ hamsterjillover at DU

poor Texas, Californians are now taking their prime jobs and scarfing up their prime real estate, sign of the times
    Sounds like the dumb mother fucker should have done better than a democrat teachers union public education. STFU.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,308 Times in 13,427 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

You ever consider that it's your lack of sellable job skills that's preventing you from gaining employment? Or maybe that you want a Rolls Royce job on a Ford Pinto resume?

Then I guess you'll have to lower your standards and expectations and take what you can get.

Forced? Get some real job skills and you won't be screwed. I'd think you like unions and wouldn't mind being in one. I don't know where you live in Texas, but you could join say the:

International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. You need just have some decent skills at algebra and be physically fit.
    https://ibew520.org/

The Carpenter's union is taking people too.
    https://www.carpenters.org/training_centers/tx/

They'll train you for a good paying job in the trades and you can be earning an income the second you sign up.

This isn't "the Republican agenda" that's doing you in. It's your own reluctance to take a job other than one you want on your terms. That isn't how getting employed works.

Don't rely on idiot politicians to pull your family jewels out of the fire. I gave you two suggestions you can act on tomorrow and have a good paying job in the future. Of course, you're likely to not want those as they require you to put in physical labor. And, no, I've never been in a trade union myself. I was always able to work around needing to.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-19-2021), Sailor (06-18-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,637 Times in 10,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

~ hamsterjillover at DU

Kill yourself!

This POS is a fucking nut!

If he is that old he didn't plan for the future so I guess that is the GOPs fault

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm living the Republican agenda in Texas
    lucky bastige......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the OP was probably working in the petroleum industry.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,368 Times in 8,520 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Once oil went negative, they laid off everyone in the oil drilling, and they have not been rehired yet. It is tough. A lot of posters here complain that no one benefits from more reasonable oil prices, but oil workers definitely do.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Oh! Snap!

Actually the faggot leftist shill OP copied that OP from another forum.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

~ hamsterjillover at DU

It would appear staying in Texas is self-harming

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post

Kill yourself!

This POS is a fucking nut!

If he is that old he didn't plan for the future so I guess that is the GOPs fault
    You're not going to be happy until you come out and admit that you're gay otherwise you're going to be the same angry vile person you've always been

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

~ hamsterjillover at DU

Tissue?

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Actually the faggot leftist shill OP copied that OP from another forum.
    I tried googling the statements made to find a match......nothing....but I assume hamsterlover at DU is from the Democratic Underground.......