Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Author: Open The Borders Wide. Let 'Em All Come In!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Rich people would be terrified by more immigrants coming to America? Have any evidence backing that up?
    Reread what I said.

The one thing that terrifies the oligarchy the most is a united America standing up against them.

All they have to do is pour a little fuel on the fire of the immigration debate and they are safe from that.

Occupy Wall Street really shook them up.

Too bad the right took the side of the rich in that one.

Very foolish.

We could have made some serious changes for the good.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    YOU live in a City. Tell PT how wonderful it is to have zillons of Homeless People wandering about. Defecating on the sidewalks, begging for money, committing petty crimes, explain how MORE PEOPLE is a Great Idea.
    Nobody has to explain that to me. I have been a proponent of world population control for decades.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

--->"I support increased immigration into this country. The data shows the economic benefits as well as we don't have enough births in this country. I'm also a free market capitalist and have no issues with the rich getting richer which is what this will help do."

PT agrees with you.

I just watched the News. The West is in a Drought. No Drinking Water. PT thinks MORE PEOPLE will make the Drought go away. Congratulations. You've successfully brainwashed PT.
    @ the words you're putting in my mouth. (Not even close to my actual views.)

Wassa matta?

The things I actually do say not controversial enough for you?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

Exploring the economic argument for a return to open US borders

Bryan Caplan: "This is actually the longstanding U.S. policy of open borders, which we had until 1921. So, until 100 years ago, this was our system. So, I don't think it's at all crazy to think about going back to that system."
    we had an open borders policy when we had land available for homesteading......the dustbowl ended that part of the American dream......most of the land not being used is not suitable for farming.......unless your plan was to open up some of the nation's national parks, forests and preserves........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Reread what I said.

The one thing that terrifies the oligarchy the most is a united America standing up against them.

All they have to do is pour a little fuel on the fire of the immigration debate and they are safe from that.

Occupy Wall Street really shook them up.

Too bad the right took the side of the rich in that one.

Very foolish.

We could have made some serious changes for the good.
    Your argument is we would have open borders, aka what Kaplan is proposing, if not for rich people. Besides the fact that defies everything we see on a daily basis you’ve yet to show any examples backing your case.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Your argument is we would have open borders, aka what Kaplan is proposing, if not for rich people. Besides the fact that defies everything we see on a daily basis you’ve yet to show any examples backing your case.
    You're free to interpret my posts any way you like. That is your prerogative.

I retain the sole ability to write my own posts.

Most people, be they on the right or the left, do not believe we should simply open the borders. The propaganda against doing that has been very effective.

Here is one author examining if that is really the best policy, and saying it might actually be a good thing to let anyone in who wants to come.

Consider if we ever went to war with China.

They could field an army several times the size of ours.

Yet, they are a similar size country. Perhaps even a bit smaller in land area.

The difference is they just have so many more people.

We allow more immigration? We could even those odds.

One thing that would make America greater would be to have a greater size population.

And these people who want to come here want to work hard and be good citizens.

What is so bad about that?

America being bigger and stronger.

Is it that you're prejudiced about who those new Americans might be?

That you may be predisposed against them?

That you only want an America which is comprised of people who look like you?

Is that it?
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 06-19-2021 at 08:18 AM.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

@ the words you're putting in my mouth. (Not even close to my actual views.)

Wassa matta?

The things I actually do say not controversial enough for you?
    There's a drought in the West. You claim 'Open Borders' is a great idea. How does MORE PEOPLE solve the Drought Problem?
    (let me guess, you own a stake in Nestle, and 'drought' means MORE PEOPLE will be buying your plastic water bottles)

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

There's a drought in the West. You claim 'Open Borders' is a great idea. How does MORE PEOPLE solve the Drought Problem?
    (let me guess, you own a stake in Nestle, and 'drought' means MORE PEOPLE will be buying your plastic water bottles)
    She's fucking insane, totally sad old bint.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Most people, be they on the right or the left, do not believe we should simply open the borders. The propaganda against doing that has been very effective.

Here is one author examining if that is really the best policy, and saying it might actually be a good thing to let anyone in who wants to come.

We allow more immigration; we could even those odds.

One thing that would make America greater would be to have a greater size population.

News Flash: The next War won't be fought with Soldiers dressed in colorful garb, fancy hats, and having bayonets attached to their rifles.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A huge influx of young new Americans would mean a huge new influx of workers paying into the Social Security System.

That could solve the problem of declining funds available to support that system.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (06-20-2021)

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    She's fucking insane, totally sad old bint.
    Probably a Capitalist Bot programmed to infiltrate Political Forums. (maybe a Microsoft Series T-1000?)

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

I never said it solves the drought problem.

Ho hum.

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

I never said it solves the drought problem.

Ho hum.
    How about the overcrowded Cities? Does it solve THAT problem?

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

We allow more immigration? We could even those odds.

Is it that you're prejudiced about who those new Americans might be?

That you may be predisposed against them?

That you only want an America which is comprised of people who look like you?

Is that it?
    Wow! You think if we go to war with China it’s going to be a WWI trench war style battle where we lose tens of millions of people? Da fuq?!

And you better watch yourself on that racial shit homeboy. If you think all immigrants all minorities then you just said we need more to go fight (and die) against China. So a white personal wants minorities to fight his war to keep white supremacy (the U.S.) alive.

I’ve already stated in this thread I support more immigration. Fvxk you for even attempting to play the race shit. Fvxking idiot

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-20-2021)

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exploring the economic argument for a return to open US borders

Bryan Caplan: "This is actually the longstanding U.S. policy of open borders, which we had until 1921. So, until 100 years ago, this was our system. So, I don't think it's at all crazy to think about going back to that system."
    NEWS FLASH a lot of things have change in the last 100 years. Many for the better. Would you like to go back to the Democrat idea of Jim Crow?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-21-2021)