Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Author: Open The Borders Wide. Let 'Em All Come In!

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Most people who are wealthy are not guilty of wrongdoing any more than working class. That is partisan perception.
    While it is true that most people of wealth are basically as honest as anyone else, it is also true that when the wealthy commit fraud and crime it can affect many more victims. The impact upon society is thus greater. It becomes a more serious crime because of that. The social damage is more far reaching.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Cool. That DOESN'T have anything to do with our population.
    Only the ones who profit from importation, or enhance their standard of living by purchasing imported products.

After all. Not many Americans own anything built in foreign countries, do they?

oops
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Most people who are wealthy are not guilty of wrongdoing any more than working class. That is partisan perception.
    Corporations are among the wealthiest people in the USA. Not one has ever been sentenced to a day in prison...

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What's really funny LR is Nordberg will tell you with a straight face that Democrats care about the working class folks (all the deplorables they despise). One can argue state and federal policies differ but nonetheless living in California for over 35 years I know that to be false. Of course he's the same person that claims liberals aren't/can't be racist. As if because you vote a certain way you don't posses traits all other humans do. Funny to me.
    Democrats think working folks are deplorable?

Since when?

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jack,

Only the ones who profit from importation, or enhance their standard of living by purchasing imported products.

After all. Not many Americans own anything built in foreign countries, do they?

oops
    America was the World's production center after WW2. The Industrial Base was 'outsourced' to Third World Countries because they have CHEAP LABOR. Some Industries (like Construction) can't 'go overseas'. So ... they bring the Third World Labor HERE.

If you are a 'Chair Jockey' that pushes a pencil all day, this doesn't affect you. If you are in the Building Trades, this DOES affect you.

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Hello Flash,

Corporations are among the wealthiest people in the USA. Not one has ever been sentenced to a day in prison...
    A corporation cannot go to prison but many corporate officials have been imprisoned.

7. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Hello Flash,

While it is true that most people of wealth are basically as honest as anyone else, it is also true that when the wealthy commit fraud and crime it can affect many more victims. The impact upon society is thus greater. It becomes a more serious crime because of that. The social damage is more far reaching.
    American consumers have power over the corporations. Just quit buying their products and services and they are out of business. Over 50% of businesses have failed after five years.

8. #158 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Hello Flash,

Corporations are not people, you ignorant twit.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,844 Times in 14,184 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Corporations are not people, you ignorant twit.
    poor inbreed boy, a product of incest no doubt

Under U.S. law, some essential rights of the 14th amendment belong not only to American citizens, but also corporations—thanks to a few key Supreme Court cases and a controversial legal concept known as corporate personhood.

https://www.history.com/news/14th-am...ns-into-people
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

10. #160 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    poor inbreed boy, a product of incest no doubt

Under U.S. law, some essential rights of the 14th amendment belong not only to American citizens, but also corporations—thanks to a few key Supreme Court cases and a controversial legal concept known as corporate personhood.

https://www.history.com/news/14th-am...ns-into-people
    Poor degenerate racist wannabe pervert.

That's "essential rights." Corporations are not people. They are a conglomerate of smaller companies.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

11. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Nothing 'academic' about it.

Go to L.A., drive the Freeways. Drive at Rush Hour. These things are 5 lane Parking Lots. How many MORE lanes do you want to add?
    'Recycled' water is already being used in Western Cities. You don't have to be a Scientist to see there is a problem.
    Crime is related to Overcrowding and Poverty. MORE PEOPLE isn't going to solve overcrowding and poverty.

Trump was elected on a Platform of Stopping Immigration. Average Working Class Americans voted for him because of this issue. Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot on this issue.
    Most Americans are not very well informed. They don't give big issues much thought at all. They only consider things that affect their immediate life. And they have a penchant for listening to media talking heads, whose only purpose is to say provocative things to get attention, drive up ratings and thus sell more advertising.

That's not a good basis for making national policy.

Sure, lots of people think immigration is what makes life difficult for them. That's by design that they think that. The super-rich certainly don't want them realizing how much better things could be if our government had a lot more money by taxing wealth.

And people want to continue to have big families just like the way it has always been under religious pressure. They don't want to hear that it is not logical for the perpetuation of humanity. What good does the perpetuation of humanity do them on a daily basis? People don't care about that.

But as a collective of humans we need to think about that collectively.

It is getting to the point where this issue DOES affect personal lives.

Walls are not going to solve the world overpopulation problem, resource depletion, climate change, nor pollution. (It's all related.)

Practical policy and leadership is what will.

We need bold leaders who will tell the world we have to have fewer humans.

We need movements and followings which support that concept.

We need to restrict religion to allowing individuals to imagine anything they want about the afterlife. That's fine. But allowing religion to control national policy is killing humanity slowly.

I refuse to live in a situation such as LA. That's nuts. My time, my life is too precious to waste it waiting in line for everything, and/or constantly timing my life to avoid crowds.

All water is recycled.

We think we are modern. That's easy to think when you look at history. The people of the future will look at us and just shake their heads. We do not have our ship together.

These issues will either be solved, or humanity will perish.

We simply cannot continue to extract resources, turn them into products which are used for relatively short duration, and then bury them in landfills. That is not sustainable, and it is coming to a head. We cannot continue to put plastic in the oceans at this rate. Micro plastics are affecting the food chain. And we are seriously overfishing the seas. We refuse to admit that we depend on healthy oceans for our very lives. Immigration is not the problem. It is a symptom.

The real problem is world over population.

Once we properly address that on a world wide scale, all other things will fall into place.

Total isolationism for the USA is a short-gap fix. It might buy us a bit of time at best. It might allow us to fool ourselves that we are taking care of things.

We are not.

And we won't until we address the 900 lb gorilla in the room.

12. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Democrats think working folks are deplorable?

Since when?
    It’s a play on what they call all Trump voters. And most Trump voters I know are working class people. I understood the kind of veiled reference. I voted for Trump (would have preferred almost any other conservative candidate) and am considered a “deplorable” as a result.

13. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Most Americans are not very well informed. They don't give big issues much thought at all. They only consider things that affect their immediate life. And they have a penchant for listening to media talking heads, whose only purpose is to say provocative things to get attention, drive up ratings and thus sell more advertising.

That's not a good basis for making national policy.

Sure, lots of people think immigration is what makes life difficult for them. That's by design that they think that. The super-rich certainly don't want them realizing how much better things could be if our government had a lot more money by taxing wealth.

And people want to continue to have big families just like the way it has always been under religious pressure. They don't want to hear that it is not logical for the perpetuation of humanity. What good does the perpetuation of humanity do them on a daily basis? People don't care about that.

But as a collective of humans we need to think about that collectively.

It is getting to the point where this issue DOES affect personal lives.

Walls are not going to solve the world overpopulation problem, resource depletion, climate change, nor pollution. (It's all related.)

Practical policy and leadership is what will.

We need bold leaders who will tell the world we have to have fewer humans.

We need movements and followings which support that concept.

We need to restrict religion to allowing individuals to imagine anything they want about the afterlife. That's fine. But allowing religion to control national policy is killing humanity slowly.

I refuse to live in a situation such as LA. That's nuts. My time, my life is too precious to waste it waiting in line for everything, and/or constantly timing my life to avoid crowds.

All water is recycled.

We think we are modern. That's easy to think when you look at history. The people of the future will look at us and just shake their heads. We do not have our ship together.

These issues will either be solved, or humanity will perish.

We simply cannot continue to extract resources, turn them into products which are used for relatively short duration, and then bury them in landfills. That is not sustainable, and it is coming to a head. We cannot continue to put plastic in the oceans at this rate. Micro plastics are affecting the food chain. And we are seriously overfishing the seas. We refuse to admit that we depend on healthy oceans for our very lives. Immigration is not the problem. It is a symptom.

The real problem is world over population.

Once we properly address that on a world wide scale, all other things will fall into place.

Total isolationism for the USA is a short-gap fix. It might buy us a bit of time at best. It might allow us to fool ourselves that we are taking care of things.

We are not.

And we won't until we address the 900 lb gorilla in the room.

Bottom Line. If Democrats don't address the 'Immigration' issue, don't be surprised when Republicans make this a Major Issue and we end up with a 'Trump-like' Demagogue again.

14. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Bottom Line. If Democrats don't address the 'Immigration' issue, don't be surprised when Republicans make this a Major Issue and we end up with a 'Trump-like' Demagogue again.
    Jack, I’m with you on immigration and overcrowding. My hope, though, is that it is a non-Trump like conservative will emerge.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Jack (06-23-2021), PoliTalker (06-23-2021)

16. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Jack, I’m with you on immigration and overcrowding. My hope, though, is that it is a non-Trump like conservative will emerge.
    Yeah. You don't have to be a Scientist to see the 'Overcrowding' in your everyday life. If you live in a City and have to fight Rush Hour every day, no one needs to explain 'overcrowding' to you.
    On a similar view, if you are in the Construction Trades, you see your Occupation being taken over by people who will work for less. Effectively taking the Food out of the Mouth of your children.

Politically speaking, I can see Republicans emerging as the 'Party of the Working Class' on this issue alone. Democrats are becoming the 'Party of the Elites', turning their backs on their core Constituency.
    This last Election with Trump getting 73 million Votes should have been a wake-up call. I think Democrats may have fallen asleep at the wheel ... again.