Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Author: Open The Borders Wide. Let 'Em All Come In!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    In 1921 a generous welfare state didn't exist and there was plenty of work for illiterate and semi-literate persons, not to mention the difficulty getting to the US from elsewhere. None of that is true today. So, opening the borders today would create a flood of unemployable welfare recipients that would drown the country as surely as Greece is being drowned for the same reason. It is an unaffordable strategy that would fail miserably.
    These people are highly motivated. They are trainable. Our economy would explode with the injection of this much capital. Human capital.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

It's simple. If America is deeply divided, then America will not unite against the rich and powerful.
    It seems the rich and powerful have picked a side lol. And it’s not the MAGA side.

The *only people* who want the borders secured are those who suffer from open border policy.

[any policy or non policy that allows easy and illegal access across the border is open border policy]

These include: our own poor unskilled labor force; people who have to put up with the increase in crime and homelessness associated with a high influx of illegal foreigners; affected healthcare apparatus—when the migrants get sick they head to the nearest ER and suck up medical resources intended for the local community. Illegal minors clog up affected school districts and drain resources intended for the children of *actual tax paying citizens*.

Also, this one should interest you in particular, we are in the midst of a pandemic and we have untested and/or infected individuals coming across by the tens of thousands. And those are only the ones we know about.

We continue to set new records for Fentanyl coming across the border. And again, those are just the numbers we know about. Fentanyl kills US citizens just as dead as if they died from the CCP Virus. Worse yet, the death toll *isn’t* largely limited to nursing homes. It’s just the opposite. It’s tends to claim victims who should be heading for their prime.

I could go on.

Why don’t we close the damn border?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I follow him on Twitter and have read his blog before. I know he wrote another book called The Case Against Education about our education system and heard his interviews promoting that. I have a number of books in boxes right now so I don't know if I have any of his other work.

I think it's an interesting book but I'm not aware of him promoting this position as a way to go after the rich and powerful. In fact the rich and powerful benefit in this scenario.
    Thanks for the insight.

If the rich and powerful wanted our borders opened, they would be opened.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It seems the rich and powerful have picked a side lol. And it’s not the MAGA side.

The *only people* who want the borders secured are those who suffer from open border policy.

[any policy or non policy that allows easy and illegal access across the border is open border policy]

These include: our own poor unskilled labor force; people who have to put up with the increase in crime and homelessness associated with a high influx of illegal foreigners; affected healthcare apparatus—when the migrants get sick they head to the nearest ER and suck up medical resources intended for the local community. Illegal minors clog up affected school districts and drain resources intended for the children of *actual tax paying citizens*.

Also, this one should interest you in particular, we are in the midst of a pandemic and we have untested and/or infected individuals coming across by the tens of thousands. And those are only the ones we know about.

We continue to set new records for Fentanyl coming across the border. And again, those are just the numbers we know about. Fentanyl kills US citizens just as dead as if they died from the CCP Virus. Worse yet, the death toll *isn’t* largely limited to nursing homes. It’s just the opposite. It’s tends to claim victims who should be heading for their prime.

I could go on.

Why don’t we close the damn border?
    Thanks for voicing the MAGA views.

After every wave of immigrants have made their stand in the USA for a few generations, the descendants claim we don't want any more immigrants. The nerve of them.

A quick and easy path to citizenship would allow all new workers to be on the books and pay taxes.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Hello T. A. Gardner,

These people are highly motivated. They are trainable. Our economy would explode with the injection of this much capital. Human capital.
    Motivation is no substitute for innate intellect and knowledge. I've spent a lot of time dealing with immigrants from Mexico and Central America who claim to be electricians from those countries that simply will not or cannot learn the trade to what is required in the US. A sure sign of their having worked on something is electrical tape being used everywhere. They're usually fast but sloppy workers. I know that's generalizing but it's been something I've seen enough of over the last 30+ years to know that's how it is. And, I'm not the only one saying that.

So, they aren't always trainable. Their attitude is often work hard and fast at something even if you barely know how to do it and you'll get ahead. Sloppy work often results in costly rework rather than results. Worse is when sloppy work results in dangerous situations like electrical hazards or fires resulting from it.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Thanks for the insight.

No because politicians wouldn't get elected running on an open borders platform. Rich people benefit from the cheap labor whether its in their homes or their businesses. It's not like these people would be living in the rich people's neighborhood's or going to school with the rich people's kids or joining the rich people's country clubs.

Edit: I support increased immigration into this country. The data shows the economic benefits as well as we don't have enough births in this country. I'm also a free market capitalist and have no issues with the rich getting richer which is what this will help do.
    Last edited by cawacko; 06-18-2021 at 03:14 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Jack (06-18-2021)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Don't try to make this about me. It's an international issue.
    You are promoting what is at the root of many of our problems. TOO MANY PEOPLE.
    Air Pollution. Water Pollution. Over Population. Crime. Health. Climate Change. Poverty.

If you are a Capitalist, you want MORE Consumers of your Production. You, as a Capitalist, can enjoy your private island, away from the Masses, as they climb over each other to survive.
    So it is easy to see why Capitalists would PROMOTE MORE PEOPLE. It's what puts Money in their pocket and it's what gives them the 'private island' to live and enjoy ... at the expense of the masses of Worker Drones.

So, each Convert to the Message of the Capitalists ... 'MORE PEOPLE IS GOOD' ... is a Blow to the Quality of Life most of us want.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Thanks for the insight.

Yeah. That's why they ARE open.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Motivation is no substitute for innate intellect and knowledge. I've spent a lot of time dealing with immigrants from Mexico and Central America who claim to be electricians from those countries that simply will not or cannot learn the trade to what is required in the US. A sure sign of their having worked on something is electrical tape being used everywhere. They're usually fast but sloppy workers. I know that's generalizing but it's been something I've seen enough of over the last 30+ years to know that's how it is. And, I'm not the only one saying that.

So, they aren't always trainable. Their attitude is often work hard and fast at something even if you barely know how to do it and you'll get ahead. Sloppy work often results in costly rework rather than results. Worse is when sloppy work results in dangerous situations like electrical hazards or fires resulting from it.
    I don't doubt that is your perception of it.

But that doesn't make it true for me. I have no reason to take your word for it. I would simply treat each person as an individual no matter what their race.

Some people work fast. Some people work smart. There are times when each is valued greater. Obviously, those paying for the work want both.

If there are improperly trained dangerous workers doing unsafe electrical construction, I would hope that the building inspectors would catch that. If not, then the thing to do would be to further federally regulate the electrical construction industry to ensure that no work which has the potential to be dangerous would be performed by improperly/untrained workers. The regulations should ensure that every worker is properly trained and certified to perform that work safely. Everyone wants speedy work, but no time-saving shortcuts should be taken to deviate from safety requirements.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

No because politicians wouldn't get elected running on an open borders platform. Rich people benefit from the cheap labor whether its in their homes or their businesses. It's not like these people would be living in the rich people's neighborhood's or going to school with the rich people's kids or joining the rich people's country clubs.

Edit: I support increased immigration into this country. The data shows the economic benefits as well as we don't have enough births in this country. I'm also a free market capitalist and have no issues with the rich getting richer which is what this will help do.
    The rich and powerful get what they want. Everybody knows that.

They want more guns? We got more guns.

They wanted taxes slashed constantly over a period of decades? That's exactly what they've gotten.

They want America deeply divided? THEY'VE GOT IT.

A divided America can never stand together against the oligarchy.

That would be the one thing that terrifies them.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You are promoting what is at the root of many of our problems. TOO MANY PEOPLE.
    Air Pollution. Water Pollution. Over Population. Crime. Health. Climate Change. Poverty.

If you are a Capitalist, you want MORE Consumers of your Production. You, as a Capitalist, can enjoy your private island, away from the Masses, as they climb over each other to survive.
    So it is easy to see why Capitalists would PROMOTE MORE PEOPLE. It's what puts Money in their pocket and it's what gives them the 'private island' to live and enjoy ... at the expense of the masses of Worker Drones.

So, each Convert to the Message of the Capitalists ... 'MORE PEOPLE IS GOOD' ... is a Blow to the Quality of Life most of us want.
    How would we be able to have this conversation if it were not for capitalism?

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

The rich and powerful get what they want. Everybody knows that.

They want more guns? We got more guns.

They wanted taxes slashed constantly over a period of decades? That's exactly what they've gotten.

They want America deeply divided? THEY'VE GOT IT.

A divided America can never stand together against the oligarchy.

That would be the one thing that terrifies them.
    Rich people would be terrified by more immigrants coming to America? Have any evidence backing that up?

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

How would we be able to have this conversation if it were not for capitalism?
    Wow. Great diversion from the Topic of Open Borders and TOO MANY PEOPLE.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Rich people would be terrified by more immigrants coming to America? Have any evidence backing that up?
    YOU live in a City. Tell PT how wonderful it is to have zillons of Homeless People wandering about. Defecating on the sidewalks, begging for money, committing petty crimes, explain how MORE PEOPLE is a Great Idea.

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

--->"I support increased immigration into this country. The data shows the economic benefits as well as we don't have enough births in this country. I'm also a free market capitalist and have no issues with the rich getting richer which is what this will help do."

PT agrees with you.

I just watched the News. The West is in a Drought. No Drinking Water. PT thinks MORE PEOPLE will make the Drought go away. Congratulations. You've successfully brainwashed PT.