Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: hey Arizona, don't buy your internet from Elon Musk - what global warming?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    21,589
    Thanks
    3,530
    Thanked 12,857 Times in 7,905 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,557 Times in 2,317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default hey Arizona, don't buy your internet from Elon Musk - what global warming?

    and if you live in texas, better get a couple of generators if ya wanna survive the summer


    Starlink dishes go into "thermal shutdown" once they hit 122 Fahrenheit


    A Starlink beta user in Arizona said he lost Internet service for over seven hours yesterday when the satellite dish overheated, demonstrating one of the drawbacks of SpaceX's broadband service. When the user's Internet service was disrupted, the Starlink app provided an error message saying, "Offline: Thermal shutdown." The dish "overheated" and "Starlink will reconnect after cooling down," the error message said.
    ...

    Thermal shutdowns affect other users
    Officially, SpaceX has said that "Dishy McFlatface" is certified to operate from 22° below zero up to 104° Fahrenheit. Temperatures reached about 120° yesterday in Martin's town of Topock, near Arizona's border with California, he said. Though Dishy doesn't go into thermal shutdown until it hits 122°, the dish can obviously get hotter than the air temperature.


    https://arstechnica.com/information-...e-for-7-hours/

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    11,820
    Thanks
    7,004
    Thanked 2,816 Times in 2,439 Posts
    Groans
    336
    Groaned 114 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Probably shading the thing is not really an option. Hmm.

    Colder climate only use?

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    21,589
    Thanks
    3,530
    Thanked 12,857 Times in 7,905 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,557 Times in 2,317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    most popular headstone in Texas: ERCOT

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    and if you live in texas, better get a couple of generators if ya wanna survive the summer


    Starlink dishes go into "thermal shutdown" once they hit 122 Fahrenheit


    A Starlink beta user in Arizona said he lost Internet service for over seven hours yesterday when the satellite dish overheated, demonstrating one of the drawbacks of SpaceX's broadband service. When the user's Internet service was disrupted, the Starlink app provided an error message saying, "Offline: Thermal shutdown." The dish "overheated" and "Starlink will reconnect after cooling down," the error message said.
    ...

    Thermal shutdowns affect other users
    Officially, SpaceX has said that "Dishy McFlatface" is certified to operate from 22° below zero up to 104° Fahrenheit. Temperatures reached about 120° yesterday in Martin's town of Topock, near Arizona's border with California, he said. Though Dishy doesn't go into thermal shutdown until it hits 122°, the dish can obviously get hotter than the air temperature.


    https://arstechnica.com/information-...e-for-7-hours/
    So weather IS global warming now?

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    21,589
    Thanks
    3,530
    Thanked 12,857 Times in 7,905 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,557 Times in 2,317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    So weather IS global warming now?
    definitely......the whole country is in an oven and it's not even summer

    end of the day, it matters little if you hicks keep sucking exxon dick, y'all gonna fry like the rest of us

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    definitely......the whole country is in an oven and it's not even summer

    end of the day, it matters little if you hicks keep sucking exxon dick, y'all gonna fry like the rest of us
    So heat the wave proves global warming but subzero freezes in winter don't disprove it? I've had the climate nuts tell me weather didn't the same as climate so any single vent if weather is irrelevant. Which is it?

  7. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    21,589
    Thanks
    3,530
    Thanked 12,857 Times in 7,905 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,557 Times in 2,317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    So heat the wave proves global warming but subzero freezes in winter don't disprove it? I've had the climate nuts tell me weather didn't the same as climate so any single vent if weather is irrelevant. Which is it?
    here's a clue for ya stupid, when every year shatters heat records from the year before.......it ain't no heat wave

Similar Threads

  1. Elon Musk Paid $0 in Federal Income Tax
    By volsrock in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2021, 10:52 AM
  2. ‘Pedo Guy’ SUES Elon Musk
    By Primavera in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2018, 04:10 PM
  3. Elon Musk demands MORE corporate welfare.
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2018, 11:53 AM
  4. Elon Musk - King of Corporate Welfare
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 09:22 AM
  5. Another subsidy for Elon Musk
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 11:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •