Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Republicans slap down Manchinís voting rights compromise

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    You gave no argument.
    No I didn't I asked a question. I'd like to why you think it matters that it's an election for a national office. If you don't know just say so. No big deal. You just think the feds should control it. Is that the extent of your argument?

  2. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12,851
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,161 Times in 2,916 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 314 Times in 300 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    No I didn't I asked a question. I'd like to why you think it matters that it's an election for a national office. If you don't know just say so. No big deal. You just think the feds should control it. Is that the extent of your argument?
    I explained it. You obviously did not read my statement. I don't care if you disagree with it.

    I said federal offices should not be state controlled. Dispute it or shut up.

  3. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I explained it. You obviously did not read my statement. I don't care if you disagree with it.

    I said federal offices should not be state controlled. Dispute it or shut up.
    I did. I asked you why it matters if it's a federal office and you haven't answered.

  4. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,618
    Thanks
    8,210
    Thanked 29,883 Times in 23,828 Posts
    Groans
    2,804
    Groaned 2,329 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    good for the Republicans.......no one wants an assault on the fundamental idea that states, not the federal government, should decide how to run their own elections......
    Isaiah 6:5
    ďWoe to me!Ē I cried. ďI am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.Ē

  5. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12,851
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,161 Times in 2,916 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 314 Times in 300 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I did. I asked you why it matters if it's a federal office and you haven't answered.
    Because the state is not the federal government. Is this a new concept for you?!

  6. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Because the state is not the federal government. Is this a new concept for you?!
    Again not sure why that matters. Its also true that the federal govt is not the state govt but they butt there fucking noses in state business all the time. The state will be running the actual polling places and it's quite clear they know the circumstances in their own states much better than the feds. there is no legitimate reason to prevent states from running them. Because they aren't the federal government is nonsensical.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-18-2021, 09:30 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2021, 02:05 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2021, 06:41 AM
  4. El Trumpo's beaten Republicans move to end voting rights.
    By moon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-30-2021, 12:08 AM
  5. Kander:republicans to kill voting rights
    By evince in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-09-2018, 01:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •