Thread: More Facts That the alt right Will Claim Is a Lie

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,023 Times in 8,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Default More Facts That the alt right Will Claim Is a Lie

The UK is ahead of the USA in vaccination, but is also ahead of the USA in spread of the Delta variant. While the USA has only 6% Delta Variant, the UK is over 90%. So Boris Johnson has done the reasonable thing, and delayed reopening the country by four weeks.

Does that mean that Johnson is a Democratic Governor or some other crazy rant by the alt right?

The Delta Variant is more infectious, and more likely to get around weak immunity of previous infections or single vaccinations. Getting the full vaccination seems to hold up against it relatively well.

The Delta Variant also appears to raise the number of hospitalizations, especially among children, but that is just preliminary data.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

We need to get small children vaccinated PDQ age 3-11

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The UK is ahead of the USA in vaccination, but is also ahead of the USA in spread of the Delta variant. While the USA has only 6% Delta Variant, the UK is over 90%. So Boris Johnson has done the reasonable thing, and delayed reopening the country by four weeks.

Does that mean that Johnson is a Democratic Governor or some other crazy rant by the alt right?

The Delta Variant is more infectious, and more likely to get around weak immunity of previous infections or single vaccinations. Getting the full vaccination seems to hold up against it relatively well.

The Delta Variant also appears to raise the number of hospitalizations, especially among children, but that is just preliminary data.
    First, even at 90%, the UK has vaccinated significantly fewer actual people than the US, and we’ve done it much faster than they have.

Second, even the jackass governors here are ending restrictions because of declining cases and deaths. And we’ve heard a shitload of conflicting reports on the efficacy of everything from masks to lockdowns and even vaccines. Is he doing the right thing? Who the hell knows?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    First, even at 90%, the UK has vaccinated significantly fewer actual people than the US, and we’ve done it much faster than they have.

Second, even the jackass governors here are ending restrictions because of declining cases and deaths. And we’ve heard a shitload of conflicting reports on the efficacy of everything from masks to lockdowns and even vaccines. Is he doing the right thing? Who the hell knows?
    If the past is any indicator, Boris will further decimate the UK economy for little if any benefit.

But lockdowns and mitigation work, dammit lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (06-18-2021)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,023 Times in 8,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

The UK got a faster start, and is still ahead of the USA. We are catching up, especially with the competent leadership of Biden. I doubt either country will ever be able to hit 90%, so I do not know where that came from.

Second, even the jackass governors here are ending restrictions because of declining cases and deaths.
    I thought you wanted restrictions ended. Those "jackass governors" are ending restrictions while Prime Minister Johnson is extending restrictions in the UK.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The UK got a faster start, and is still ahead of the USA. We are catching up, especially with the competent leadership of Biden. I doubt either country will ever be able to hit 90%, so I do not know where that came from.

I thought you wanted restrictions ended. Those "jackass governors" are ending restrictions while Prime Minister Johnson is extending restrictions in the UK.
    The US and the UK are ahead of the EU because both Boris Johnson and President Donald J. Trump had the foresight to lock-in a supply of vaccines.

I wonder how many lives they saved, Alter?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (06-18-2021), Callinectes (06-18-2021), Sailor (06-18-2021)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

The UK got a faster start, and is still ahead of the USA.
    Gee, I don't know how to explain this to you in leftardese. You guys don't even have a word for "mathematics", do you? *sigh* They're "ahead" on a percentage basis, not on a basis of how many actual people have been vaccinated. To put it in smaller numbers, if you have to vaccinate 10 people, you can jab 90% of them a hell of a lot faster than if you have to jab 90% of 10,000 people. And if you can only jab 50% of the 10k people in roughly the same time frame as the guy who had to do 10, you've still vaccinated 5,000 people!Hope that helps.

We are catching up, especially with the competent leadership of Biden.
    We're "catching up"? How morbidly tacky of you to turn this into a competition. At least put the contestants in the same weight class. And tell me ONE thing biden has done to make this nightmare better.

I doubt either country will ever be able to hit 90%, so I do not know where that came from.
    Both countries have the logistics and technology to hit 100%, then it's all human nature and reality.

I thought you wanted restrictions ended.
    Yeah I did, and it's happening finally.

Those "jackass governors" are ending restrictions while Prime Minister Johnson is extending restrictions in the UK
    Yeah, I know. And I don't care what Johnson is doing either.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung