Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and jakemax

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Jewish vote

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 14,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    A very good summary of the essence and intent of this thread.

When Deplorables holler that the Democratic Party is supposedly virulently anti-Semitic, I always point out how few Republican Jewish representatives serve in Congress, compared to the Democratic caucus
    Very true, but the ultra orthodox tend to lean very Right.

In NY, the worst numbers of vaccinated areas are predominantly where this demographic congregates. They started a measles outbreak about 3 or 4 years ago.

Because they're so socially conservative, they vote Republican.

But this insular community isn't known for being overly educated.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,363 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I've seen RWers here claim that all the time. Anyone who DARES to suggest that Israel is not dealing well with the Palestinians is immediately labeled "anti-Semitic." I know 'cause it's been said to me as well.
    The straw man is the term virulently, that’s what I’m reacting to. It’s used to deflect.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 Times in 27,107 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

I'm pretty sure that all those who voted for Biden in 2020 were thinking "I better vote for this anti-Semitic party member." lol
    For a supposedly anti-Semitic party, it is surprising that year after year, decade after decade, Jewish voters are among the most reliably loyal Democratic voters.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,363 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I've seen RWers here claim that all the time. Anyone who DARES to suggest that Israel is not dealing well with the Palestinians is immediately labeled "anti-Semitic." I know 'cause it's been said to me as well.
    I’ll offer an example. It was in yesterday’s SF Chronicle. The article was about a diversity, equity and inclusion meeting at Stanford where the hosts were accused of anti-semitism. The complaints were about comments that Jews hide behind their white identity, Jewish ties to white supremacy and the recommendation of a book accusing Israel of racist behavior. Now I don’t know the politics of those involved but if you’re talking about DEI at Stanford they’re probably not right wingers. My point is simply being a liberal or democrat does not mean you can’t be anti Semitic.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,401 Times in 6,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    American Jews typically agree that Israel has the right to exist, as all others in the region disagree. So they vote for pro Israel candidates no matter the warts.

I do agree that the vast majority do NOT support what Israel is doing to Palestine, even though they also recognize that Palestine is as much at fault for some of the problems in the region.
    Do you really believe that Palestine is at fault for being invaded ? Please explain your logic.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I do not think American Jews are as militantly Zionist as the Netanyahu faction in Israel. Though they undoutedly tend to be pro Israel as a nation-state.
    Well, the ones that leave America to grab their ' free ' real estate in Palestine certainly are- as are those who fund squatter fascism from the US. If you're talking about the popular faces of Judaism, Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, Bob Dylan etc, etc then, of course, you're right. Jewish militancy is born of the American-backed power that Izraeli racists wield over their Palestinian captives. They believe that they are safe for all time , granted impunity for being ' Jewish ' and that justice and the rule of law will never catch up with them.

I give you Meyer Lansky, Al Capone's bag-man

List of Jewish American mobsters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rican_mobsters

Of course, there are many brainwashed prosemites who would call me antisemitic because I believe that each and every entry on that list represents a Jewish asshole.
    Last edited by moon; 06-18-2021 at 03:05 AM.

Maria Ressa.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Do you really believe that Palestine is at fault for being invaded ? Please explain your logic.
    Not Palestine. Hamas. I believe that Palestinians would come to the table. Hamas will not agree that Israel has a right to exist. On the other side, I don't believe Israelis agree with the continued expansion of settlements, nor the starving of Palestinians and the theft of their resources.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Cypress (06-18-2021)

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not Palestine. Hamas. I believe that Palestinians would come to the table. Hamas will not agree that Israel has a right to exist. On the other side, I don't believe Israelis agree with the continued expansion of settlements, nor the starving of Palestinians and the theft of their resources.
    Why should any representatives 'come to the table' to eat poison or shit? What choice have the zionist nazis given the owners of the country except to fight to the death?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

moon (06-18-2021)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 Times in 27,107 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

I have seen polls showing the majority of American Jews support a credible two state solution and they are not as militantly Zionist as Netanyahu's Likud party
    Polling suggests American Jews are more critical of the sincerity of the Israeli government's peace efforts than are your garden variety Deplorable.

American Jewish Attitudes Towards Israel

Nearly six-in-ten American Jews say they personally feel an emotional attachment to Israel,

But just one-in-three say they think the Israeli government is making a sincere effort toward achieving peace with the Palestinians. (Fewer still, just 12%, say they think Palestinian leaders are sincere in these efforts.)

https://www.pewforum.org/2021/05/11/...toward-israel/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-18-2021)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Surely Israel should recognize Palestine's right to exist FIRST- in compliance with international law and agreement. It isn't Palestinians who are ethnically-cleansing Israelis , is it.
    Palestine has a right to self defense and to self determination. the United Nations and 139 countries recognize the state of Palestine. It isn't the Palestinians who are in breach of international law and more UN resolutions than every pother country combined.
    Demanding that eggs recognize the omelette is callous and unjust.

Maria Ressa.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Surely Israel should recognize Palestine's right to exist FIRST- in compliance with international law and agreement. It isn't Palestinians who are ethnically-cleansing Israelis , is it.
    Palestine has a right to self defense and to self determination. the United Nations and 139 countries recognize the state of Palestine. It isn't the Palestinians who are in breach of international law and more UN resolutions than every pother country combined.
    Demanding that eggs recognize the omelette is callous and unjust.
    It is so sad you are a bigot

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Scum of the Revolution

It is so sad you are a bigot
    Not me, Scum. It's the Izraelis who are racist- declared an apartheid state by Human Rights Watch.

Maria Ressa.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Show this to the American Jewish voters who feel an affinity with Izrael's pseudo- Jewish fascists;

https://www.facebook.com/41452941531...59143194139390

Warning: vulgar racism.
    This isn’t just a sick protest of Israeli settlers marching on Palestinians in East Jerusalem (which is internationally recognized as stolen land under an illegal occupation). This happened under the full protection of the Israeli state that simultaneously shot and arrested Palestinian protesters who dared even put up a Palestinian flag in front of their homes marked for expulsion.
    This is a sickness that sustains a very real ongoing and expanding system of apartheid. All funded by United States tax payers and protected by the United States government which has blocked any international body from ever holding it accountable. Did the open bigotry displayed in Charlottesville bother you? Why doesn’t this? This too is an ugly form of global white supremacy. And we will not be silenced.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...q=activestills

https://www.facebook.com/41452941531...59143194139390
    Last edited by moon; 06-18-2021 at 06:44 AM.

Maria Ressa.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    Why should any representatives 'come to the table' to eat poison or shit? What choice have the zionist nazis given the owners of the country except to fight to the death?
    But those in charge do not adequately represent Palestinians as a whole. They are terrorists fighting terrorists. And the innocents are collateral damage.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But those in charge do not adequately represent Palestinians as a whole. They are terrorists fighting terrorists. And the innocents are collateral damage.
    Would you call the defenders of the Warsaw Ghetto ' terrorists ' because they fought the Nazis for their lives with every means at their disposal ?

Maria Ressa.