Blog Entries

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    When I became a parent I found myself asking my children on occasion, "Is this the hill you want to die on?" when they were making a HUGE deal out of something small, usually something like, "Put your shoes in your room"...

Basically, pretending that it is important that we not celebrate this is the small stuff.

My advice to my kids was always, "Don't sweat the small stuff."

Enjoy the food. Learn something maybe, and fight the good fight like you are the third monkey in line to Noah's ark and it has started raining on the big stuff, you know.. the hill you want to die on...

It’s so sad you turned out to be a racist

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Good advice. The problem is you only see that scenario from one perspective. Maybe consider it and get back to me. Beyond that every time you take a step back someone many advance on you one step. Any one hill may not a big one but if wait for a big one before you are willing to die your chances of survival may be very low. The question I always asked my kids to consider was, if you aren't willing to stand up now when will you be?
    This is why I tell them to ask the question. Is this where you draw the line?

Why here? You don't want folks learning about why folks celebrate this day? Why? Seriously. I'd love to know why you don't want people to understand why folks have been celebrating this since June 19, 1865 (2 months after the war ended these folks found out that they had been freed in April)?

Exactly why do you think this is a step in the wrong direction?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-17-2021)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why here? You don't want folks learning about why folks celebrate this day? Why? Seriously. I'd love to know why you don't want people to understand why folks have been celebrating this since June 19, 1865 (2 months after the war ended these folks found out that they had been freed in April)?

All you need to do, and it's very simple, is explain why a holiday is necessary to learn about "...why folks celebrate this day" or "...why folks have been celebrating this since June 19, 1865..."

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank you for restoring my hopes for you

THIS IS AN HUGE DAY FOR AMERICA

This is how we move forwards towards real equality and true freedom for all

When will you get tired of all the right wing racists and treat them like the racist scum they are?

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All you need to do, and it's very simple, is explain why a holiday is necessary to learn about "...why folks celebrate this day" or "...why folks have been celebrating this since June 19, 1865..."
    Americans don’t agree

So get on board with our freedom ideals or ship your racist life to Russia

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just don’t understand why people who used to respect facts now embrace foreign concocted lies over verifiable facts

The only explanation is an evil political cult

Very very sad

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Americans don’t agree

So get on board with our freedom ideals or ship your racist life to Russia
    Go the fuck away I'm talking to someone with brains.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, you personally celebrate Christmas... do you think it is important that folks learn about it? I don't. But I don't object to it being a holiday. I couldn't care less about your sky daddy... but I don't think we should stop celebrating things I personally don't give a rip about. To me it is a food holiday, and a way to learn about the culture of other folks.

Each and every holiday is like this, every single one of them were made up by some folks to celebrate an event they believe is important.

You need to explain to me why everyone should just stop celebrating stuff you don't think is important just because it is "made up"... If we stopped celebrating made up holidays, we'd stop celebrating any.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I just don’t understand why people who used to respect facts now embrace foreign concocted lies over verifiable facts

The only explanation is an evil political cult

Very very sad
    You dont understand anything youre a fucking retard

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you political cult racists just claim such things are fake news

You are joining Putin to try and rewrite the history of the insurrections that the entire world watched live

Lying straight into the facts everyone witnessed

Anyone who buys the rewrite is brain dead and or evil

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 72 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just think how much all the people getting paid to not work will cost us. And all the paperwork and shit they will have to change. And then just think about all the entitled fucked up black losers that will kill even more fucked up black losers.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, you personally celebrate Christmas... do you think it is important that folks learn about it? I don't. But I don't object to it being a holiday. I couldn't care less about your sky daddy... but I don't think we should stop celebrating things I personally don't give a rip about. To me it is a food holiday, and a way to learn about the culture of other folks.

Each and every holiday is like this, every single one of them were made up by some folks to celebrate an event they believe is important.

You need to explain to me why everyone should just stop celebrating stuff you don't think is important just because it is "made up"... If we stopped celebrating made up holidays, we'd stop celebrating any.
    No no no you were asked to explain why a holiday is necessary for this. Please don't become like one of the thousand retarded leftists on this site and not follow through. I will address your question but it's rather fucking rude to ignore the one that was posed to you first.

BTW do I celebrate Christmas or do you just assume that I do because I disagree with you? I think I know the answer