Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump pushed bizarre election fraud conspiracy theory involving Italian satellites

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Default Trump pushed bizarre election fraud conspiracy theory involving Italian satellites

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...rce=reddit.com

The Trump administration pushed the Attorney General to investigate a bizarre conspiracy theory that Biden used Italian satellites to steal the election
    Thomas Colson Jun 16, 2021, 7:03 AM

Trump's White House pushed a bizarre election fraud conspiracy theory involving Italian satellites.
    Trump's chief of staff pressed officials to investigate baseless claims of election fraud.
    One Department of Justice official branded the conspiracy theory "pure insanity."

Donald Trump's administration pushed for an investigation into a bizarre conspiracy theory that President Joe Biden used Italian satellites to steal the 2020 election, emails released by House lawmakers this week revealed.

The tranche of emails obtained by the House Oversight Committee detail repeated attempts by Trump officials to make the Department of Justice investigate baseless claims of election fraud in an attempt to overturn Biden's election victory — a move that leaders of the department ultimately rejected.

The documents show that Mark Meadows, who was Trump's chief of staff, tried at least five times to pressure Department of Justice officials to investigate various conspiracy theories which suggested the election had been stolen from Trump.

On December 30, Meadows emailed then-acting United States attorney general Jeffrey Rosen details of an alleged plot by which American electoral data was manipulated in Italian facilities.

The email was a translation of a document from a person in Italy who claimed to have "direct knowledge" of the plot.

The person said that US electoral data had been manipulated in Italian facilities in coordination with US intelligence officials from the CIA then loaded onto "military satellites."

They claimed that the true data revealed that Trump was "clearly" the winner of the election, a position they claimed was confirmed by sources within the Italian secret service.

On January 1, Meadows again emailed Rosen about the plot, providing a link to a YouTube video that referenced the conspiracy theory. Rosen forwarded the email to then-acting deputy attorney general Richard Donoghue, who replied: "Pure insanity."

Meadows and Rosen ultimately decided not to investigate the claims of election fraud

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, chairwoman of the House Oversight Committee, said the documents showed that "President Trump tried to corrupt our nation's chief law enforcement agency in a brazen attempt to overturn an election that he lost.

"Those who aided or witnessed President Trump's unlawful actions must answer the Committee's questions about this attempted subversion of democracy," she said.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-18-2021), evince (06-17-2021), Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-18-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post

The Trump administration pushed the Attorney General to investigate a bizarre conspiracy theory that Biden used Italian satellites to steal the election

Trump's White House pushed a bizarre election fraud conspiracy theory involving Italian satellites.
    Trump's chief of staff pressed officials to investigate baseless claims of election fraud.
    One Department of Justice official branded the conspiracy theory "pure insanity."

Donald Trump's administration pushed for an investigation into a bizarre conspiracy theory that President Joe Biden used Italian satellites to steal the 2020 election, emails released by House lawmakers this week revealed.

The tranche of emails obtained by the House Oversight Committee detail repeated attempts by Trump officials to make the Department of Justice investigate baseless claims of election fraud in an attempt to overturn Biden's election victory — a move that leaders of the department ultimately rejected.

The documents show that Mark Meadows, who was Trump's chief of staff, tried at least five times to pressure Department of Justice officials to investigate various conspiracy theories which suggested the election had been stolen from Trump.

On December 30, Meadows emailed then-acting United States attorney general Jeffrey Rosen details of an alleged plot by which American electoral data was manipulated in Italian facilities.

The email was a translation of a document from a person in Italy who claimed to have "direct knowledge" of the plot.

The person said that US electoral data had been manipulated in Italian facilities in coordination with US intelligence officials from the CIA then loaded onto "military satellites."

They claimed that the true data revealed that Trump was "clearly" the winner of the election, a position they claimed was confirmed by sources within the Italian secret service.

On January 1, Meadows again emailed Rosen about the plot, providing a link to a YouTube video that referenced the conspiracy theory. Rosen forwarded the email to then-acting deputy attorney general Richard Donoghue, who replied: "Pure insanity."

Meadows and Rosen ultimately decided not to investigate the claims of election fraud

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, chairwoman of the House Oversight Committee, said the documents showed that "President Trump tried to corrupt our nation's chief law enforcement agency in a brazen attempt to overturn an election that he lost.

"Those who aided or witnessed President Trump's unlawful actions must answer the Committee's questions about this attempted subversion of democracy," she said.
    How we know this isn't true is the left is too fucking stupid to pull off something this sophisticated. The idiots just stuffed ballot boxes. Retards like them prefer low tech.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Into the Night (06-17-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    How we know this isn't true is the left is too fucking stupid to pull off something this sophisticated. The idiots just stuffed ballot boxes. Retards like them prefer low tech.
    Prove your claim with verified facts

You won’t

You can’t

Because it’s fucking baseless lies

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

The conspiracy theories keeps getting crazier and crazier.

And proving that... So wouldn't the number of votes then outnumber the number of votes cast by millions of votes?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The conspiracy theories keeps getting crazier and crazier.

And proving that... So wouldn't the number of votes then outnumber the number of votes cast by millions of votes?
    Here is the real reason I doubt the election, the "demand" from the left that it not be spoken of. That alone makes me very suspicious.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Here is the real reason I doubt the election, the "demand" from the left that it not be spoken of. That alone makes me very suspicious.
    Joe started this thread, not because he did not want your crazy conspiracy theories spoken of, but because he wanted them spoken of.... AND MOCKED!!! We want you to keep speaking of your crazy conspiracy theories for the next four years.

Here is the real reason I think the election is fine, the COMPLETE LACK OF ANY EVIDENCE THAT ANYTHING WAS WRONG!!! The claims that millions of cases of frauds were committed in every jurisdiction in America, and none were caught. It just is not possible.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-18-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Joe started this thread, not because he did not want your crazy conspiracy theories spoken of, but because he wanted them spoken of.... AND MOCKED!!! We want you to keep speaking of your crazy conspiracy theories for the next four years.

Here is the real reason I think the election is fine, the COMPLETE LACK OF ANY EVIDENCE THAT ANYTHING WAS WRONG!!! The claims that millions of cases of frauds were committed in every jurisdiction in America, and none were caught. It just is not possible.
    The Looney Right Wing will come up with any reason to believe in election fraud because they can't come to terms with Trump losing.
    In other words, just like Trump, they're a bunch of whiny sore losers.
    They don't need proof. They don't need evidence. They just need to make shit up and swallow it.

Sad
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pretty close. Don't forget, though, that the fraud took place *only* in states that #TRE45ON lost. All states that voted for him have zero fraud.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

how silly!! we all know it was Jewish Space Lasers.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021), Joe Capitalist (06-17-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    how silly!! we all know it was Jewish Space Lasers.
    Really? The Kraken woman said it was Hugo Chavez.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-18-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Italian satellites are deployed only to share glorious opera throughout the world.
    Italian-America satellites do the same with Sinatra tunes, by the way.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021), Joe Capitalist (06-17-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-18-2021)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Regardless of how absurd any of it is, Tucker even has the FBI behind January 6th now, it matters little, the task is to just throw it out there, plant the innuendo for the demagogues to echo, have the “regular contributors” extend its life, eventually, some of lemmings will believe it, and when adding all the absurdities together, a grand conspiracy to crucify Trump is born

Been an ongoing strategy for five years now

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Regardless of how absurd any of it is, Tucker even has the FBI behind January 6th now, it matters little, the task is to just throw it out there, plant the innuendo for the demagogues to echo, have the “regular contributors” extend its life, eventually, some of lemmings will believe it, and when adding all the absurdities together, a grand conspiracy to crucify Trump is born

The Right Wing Media is not interested in reporting the truth. They're only interested in reporting what bullshit they can get their viewers to believe.
    They report the bullshit and their viewers decide what bullshit they're willing to believe. Then, the Right Wing Media runs with that bullshit.
    And their viewers have proven they can believe some pretty outrageous bullshit.

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

The Right Wing is really in a panic about the Jan 6 Capitol Riot and how it reflects on RepubliQans. Their outrageous conspiracy theories have no limit. They'll keep introducing these crazy conspiracy theories until they find one that their minion followers will swallow. Shouldn't be hard.

First, it was members of “antifa” or Black Lives Matter demonstrators who infiltrated the pro-Trump mob that breached the Capitol. Now Republican lawmakers have suggested that federal law enforcement, with support from Democratic officials, intentionally provoked an attempted insurrection on 6 January, injuring dozens of law enforcement officers and threatening elected officials.

But didn't the RepubliQans say that it was a peaceful protest and 'just like a normal tourist day'? If it was peaceful, what was the FBI doing there?
    The RepubliQans can't even get their fucking story straight. They're falling over themselves to try to mitigate the backlash from the Capito Riot.
    And it's pretty fucking embarrassing.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

And no one on the right can even prove that, so what does that say about you?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

evince (06-17-2021), Guno צְבִי (06-18-2021)