1. #331 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    you told us, hick rube
    I have one that her mother says is mine on one day, and another's on another day. She was raised by her grandmother. I always took her places like concerts, races, etc. She calls me dad.

I suggest you mind your own business, you worthless, fake, racist piece of shit.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pax Mongolica View Post
    None of that addresses the root causes of violence. Violent people will continue to be violent with or without guns.
    But it will be harder for them to kill. In any event, the question is still to be answered by some gun nut, where is the right to own any weapon you choose in the Constitution,k or for that matter, in any Bill of Rights.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

3. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    But it will be harder for them to kill. In any event, the question is still to be answered by some gun nut, where is the right to own any weapon you choose in the Constitution,k or for that matter, in any Bill of Rights.
    There's a broader question to ask. What justifies rights? Constitutionalists believe in the concept of natural rights, for example.

I don't particularly concern myself with rights. As far as guns are concerned, I like having access to guns due to how violent our society is. Depending on police to protect you isn't the best approach in this society. You can make that gamble in a peaceful place like Japan, but it's not a safe bet here.

4. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Pax Mongolica View Post
    There's a broader question to ask. What justifies rights? Constitutionalists believe in the concept of natural rights, for example.

I don't particularly concern myself with rights. As far as guns are concerned, I like having access to guns due to how violent our society is. Depending on police to protect you isn't the best approach in this society. You can make that gamble in a peaceful place like Japan, but it's not a safe bet here.
    Not a question of having access to a gun. I have several. Question is the type of gun. Full auto's are already illegal, and so is dynamite.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

5. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

maybe you should read the federalist/anti federalist papers as well as the debate minutes over the constitution, and include all of the commentaries just before and after ratification...........they will tell you.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not a question of having access to a gun. I have several. Question is the type of gun. Full auto's are already illegal, and so is dynamite.
    full autos are not illegal. dynamite is not illegal. the right to own either of those is being infringed upon, though.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    maybe you should read the federalist/anti federalist papers as well as the debate minutes over the constitution, and include all of the commentaries just before and after ratification...........they will tell you.
    Already have, and the topic of self defense, or even home defense, never came up. It is all about the MILITIA.

8. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

full autos are not illegal. dynamite is not illegal. the right to own either of those is being infringed upon, though.
    Full autos are illegal unless you have a special permit. Same with dynamite.

9. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Full autos are illegal unless you have a special permit. Same with dynamite.
    then they aren't illegal, are they? now, would you like to discuss the idiocy of that law and how trying to actually apply it within the confines of the constitution would absolutely dissolve it?

10. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Already have, and the topic of self defense, or even home defense, never came up. It is all about the MILITIA.
    1. the right of self preservation was considered the first law of nature by the founders............so why would it need to be mentioned?
    2. the 'militia' is comprised of the people as a whole......THE PEOPLE! Not some government organized and regulated unit because the founders understood that standing armies were banes to liberty and were more often used to oppress the people than preserve them.

11. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

then they aren't illegal, are they? now, would you like to discuss the idiocy of that law and how trying to actually apply it within the confines of the constitution would absolutely dissolve it?
    They are if you do not have that permit, and 299,999,999 do not. Now, do you think you are smart enough to discuss the reason behind the law, and why it has NOT torn the Constitution apart?

https://www.atf.gov/explosives/qa/wh...ense-or-permit

12. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

1. the right of self preservation was considered the first law of nature by the founders............so why would it need to be mentioned?
    2. the 'militia' is comprised of the people as a whole......THE PEOPLE! Not some government organized and regulated unit because the founders understood that standing armies were banes to liberty and were more often used to oppress the people than preserve them.
    Well, the dip shit posts yet another irrational, and meaningless, post demonstrating only his own igorance. Listen fool you spoke of the debates, and the Founders addressing self defense, etc. Prove it bitch, and quit lying.

13. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Two things, first, every mass shooting has three common variables; the shooter, the place, and the gun. We can never know who the next shooter will be. We can do out best to defend the most vulnerable locations, but can’t cover them all. However the one variable we can control is that which makes it all possible, the weapon. If one is serious on addressing mass shootings access to the gun is where they start

Secondly, confiscation of guns has never been an actual policy on regulation, no one is coming to grab your whatever, and your vehicle is also registered, but you don’t just register it once, and just registering a vehicle isn’t all one does to keep and operate a vehicle
    so, what percentage of shootings are done with guns obtained in violation of the laws you say would prevent shootings?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And the vast majority are useless
    so are the ones you want to add......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They are if you do not have that permit, and 299,999,999 do not. Now, do you think you are smart enough to discuss the reason behind the law, and why it has NOT torn the Constitution apart?

https://www.atf.gov/explosives/qa/wh...ense-or-permit
    the reason behind that law is the government no longer wanted people to have the same kind of weaponry that the government has. you anti gunner pro big government cowards feel that people needed to be dominated and controlled. the constitution was torn apart with the NFA in 34 when the cowards let the feds tax them.