Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: And now we have Tuesday’s mass shooting,

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    do you think you're being smart and cutesy by calling out some challenge for a lone individual to try to take on the federal government? does that make you feel superior somehow? because it makes you look like a self righteous asshole
    I'm just asking where the line is. It's it if the government physically comes to take your weapons? Or is it earlier, like if they were to prevent you from buying a certain kind?

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Do you know who Milton Friedman is? I'm betting my eye teeth you don't.
    I've heard of him.........tell me why that is significant right now
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Being alive is irrelevant to freedom?

How can you enjoy freedom if you're dead?
    why do you not understand the concept of freedom?

The problem is that the dual position of "everyone should have a gun" and "you have to comply with law enforcement" means that you have to comply with anyone who is waving a gun around.

Again, that's not freedom. That's terrorism.
    that has nothing to do with the question I asked...........'does your freedom give you the right to dictate the lives and actions of others?'
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    I'm just asking where the line is. It's it if the government physically comes to take your weapons? Or is it earlier, like if they were to prevent you from buying a certain kind?
    they don't have the constitutional authority to prevent me from buying a certain weapon............they get away with it because a majority of people trust the government more than they do people. the left and right have done a masterful job of deluding those people.

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

they don't have the constitutional authority to prevent me from buying a certain weapon............they get away with it because a majority of people trust the government more than they do people. the left and right have done a masterful job of deluding those people.
    So for example, because society at large has deemed fully automatic weapons more dangerous than semi automatic, the government gets away with putting significantly more restrictions on their sale? But you don't think this should be the case, but you go along with it anyway because of society?

6. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

why do you not understand the concept of freedom?
    I don't understand YOUR concept of it.

that has nothing to do with the question I asked...........'does your freedom give you the right to dictate the lives and actions of others?'
    Yes, when those actions directly impact me.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    The law you are suggesting is unconstitutional.
    You don't know your asshole from a mud pit
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ok so what is the leftist plan to PREVENT mass shootings?
    Defund the Police.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Yakuda (06-15-2021)

10. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

I'll type slowly for you then. Leftist pig fuckers want to stop mass shootings. A mass shooting is defined by the FBI as killing 4 people in one location. If I can conceivably kill 5 people in one place with my 5 shit .38 special revolver, should I be allowed to possess it?
    First off, when you post gibberish like this (I believe it's 3 in the same place. Do should my 5 round .38 special revolver be outlawed since I could kill 5 people in one place?) do not feel offended if people do not understand what children like you are trying to say.

As to your question, shit head Repugnant ones could not care less about the deaths caused by their self gratification as long as they can get their way.

One of my many weapons is a Glock .40 cal, semi-auto for which I have several magazines, 10 round, 15 round, 20 round, and 32 round. I oppose many laws in regard to the transfer of guns that Oregon has passed, and even ones that are considered to be for "safety" reasons such as locking up a weapon. My Glock is loaded, and in the night stand next to my bed. My G/F has her .38 in her night stand, loaded. But we are both 77, and in not real good health.

Having said that, I also recognize the need to regulate guns in any attempt to keep them out of the hands of criminals even though the recent spat of mass shootings has been by legal gun owners, not criminals. And as long as you have a bunch of redneck criminal types willing to steal guns from an armory, and sell them to the cartels, or gangs, more laws will be passed, and they will do no good just as the ones we have now will not. Criminals could care less about laws as is the case with the legal owner who becomes impassioned about whatever. As long as the people accept liars like trump as their idols, and ignore truth, common sense, and a caring for others, there will be no change. More people will die, and more children will be left without a parent, or dead. And nothing you do, or say, as well as what I say/do, will change a damn thing.

And that includes whether you have your gun, or not. I could not care less.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

11. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    So for example, because society at large has deemed fully automatic weapons more dangerous than semi automatic, the government gets away with putting significantly more restrictions on their sale? But you don't think this should be the case, but you go along with it anyway because of society?
    Do I go along with it because of society? No, not really. I fight in every legal way possible, but at some point, so many people would prefer security theater to freedom, so I have to keep quiet and make my own.

It's well known throughout history that the masses will deprive anyone of rights if it makes them feel safer......Americans are apparently no different despite the experience and gift of the founders over 200 years ago.

Most people don't give a damn about the constitution any more........so for all practical purposes, it is dead and we are rules by a tyranny of the elite.

12. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't understand YOUR concept of it.
    of course not, because actual freedom terrifies you. you prefer subjugation disguised as security theater. not many people understand real freedom, even what YOU think is real freedom, really isn't.

Yes, when those actions directly impact me.
    and you're cowardly enough to believe that my simple carrying of a handgun or a rifle directly impacts you????

13. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've heard of him.........tell me why that is significant right now
    He is a libertarian who realizes all rights have limits and that limited govt is necessary because people are idiots. He is a capitalist who thinks you should be able to buy whatever you like but knows if capitalisim is unchecked its very bad for consumers. Heknows ther eis a need for balance

Lets try something simpler... do you pay for rights?

14. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Defund the Police.
    lol thats working great isnt it with higher and higher murder rates across the US

15. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    First off, when you post gibberish like this (I believe it's 3 in the same place. Do should my 5 round .38 special revolver be outlawed since I could kill 5 people in one place?) do not feel offended if people do not understand what children like you are trying to say.

As to your question, shit head Repugnant ones could not care less about the deaths caused by their self gratification as long as they can get their way.

One of my many weapons is a Glock .40 cal, semi-auto for which I have several magazines, 10 round, 15 round, 20 round, and 32 round. I oppose many laws in regard to the transfer of guns that Oregon has passed, and even ones that are considered to be for "safety" reasons such as locking up a weapon. My Glock is loaded, and in the night stand next to my bed. My G/F has her .38 in her night stand, loaded. But we are both 77, and in not real good health.

Having said that, I also recognize the need to regulate guns in any attempt to keep them out of the hands of criminals even though the recent spat of mass shootings has been by legal gun owners, not criminals. And as long as you have a bunch of redneck criminal types willing to steal guns from an armory, and sell them to the cartels, or gangs, more laws will be passed, and they will do no good just as the ones we have now will not. Criminals could care less about laws as is the case with the legal owner who becomes impassioned about whatever. As long as the people accept liars like trump as their idols, and ignore truth, common sense, and a caring for others, there will be no change. More people will die, and more children will be left without a parent, or dead. And nothing you do, or say, as well as what I say/do, will change a damn thing.

And that includes whether you have your gun, or not. I could not care less.
    Its a simple fucking question which a dick mouthed bitch like you cant answer. Go fuck your dog

16. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He is a libertarian who realizes all rights have limits and that limited govt is necessary because people are idiots. He is a capitalist who thinks you should be able to buy whatever you like but knows if capitalisim is unchecked its very bad for consumers. Heknows ther eis a need for balance
    he's no Libertarian. He's a flip flopper with both left and right leanings. Neither he, nor liberals or conservatives, have anything in common with what the founding fathers believed at the time of ratification.

Lets try something simpler... do you pay for rights?
    no. I do not. I carry a gun without paying for a permission slip. I drive my vehicles without paying for a permission slip. If I could figure out a way to own my home without paying property taxes, I would do it in a heartbeat. If I could find an employer who would pay me as well as my current job, under the table with no taxes, I would do it.