Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,643
    Thanks
    2,446
    Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,553 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 278 Times in 265 Posts

    Default Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"

    https://www.salon.com/2021/06/14/for...ormous-danger/

    For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump is a dire threat to public safety.

    Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

    Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

    They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

    Instead of being publicly praised and rewarded for their truth-telling and their attempts to warn America and the world, many of these mental health professionals have endured death threats and other retaliation. At least one of these truth-tellers, psychiatrist Dr. Bandy X. Lee — editor of "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump" — lost her position at an elite university, in large part because she continued to warn the public about Donald Trump and his movement's escalating danger to public safety.

    Many Americans, including the country's political elites, would prefer to throw the Age of Trump down the memory well. But such acts of organized forgetting will not save them from the Trump-controlled Republican Party's escalating assaults on American democracy. Forgetting that mental health professionals predicted the Trump nightmare and all it has wrought is an integral part of this campaign of national amnesia.

    Most importantly, Donald Trump is incapable of letting America or the world forget about him. Trump's apparent mental pathologies drive him to seek revenge against his perceived enemies and others he believes have wronged him.

    To that end, Trump still appears to be hatching half-baked schemes to remove Joe Biden from the presidency, even flirting with promises by his allies that he will somehow be "reinstated" as president later this year. Trump's followers, who comprise at least half of all Republican voters, have been convinced that he is still the legitimate president and that Biden is a usurper. Christian fascists and antisemitic QAnon conspiracy believers (two groups that overlap extensively) are among Trump's most ardent supporters.

    Mental health professionals predicted such an outcome as well. They understand that Trumpism was not an acute disease that would magically disappear once Donald Trump was no longer president. Instead, Trumpism is a potentially lethal, chronic and long-lasting disease of the nation's mind, body and spirit.

    In an effort to assess Donald Trump's continuing danger to American society and democracy, I recently spoke with Dr. Lance Dodes, whom I have interviewed on numerous occasions. Dodes is a retired assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a training and supervising analyst emeritus at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute. He is among the foremost voices who attempted to warn the American people and the world about Donald Trump's dangerous behavior.

    In this conversation, Dodes warns that Donald Trump appears to be a psychopath and that his dangerous behavior will only get worse. He argues that Trump's delusional beliefs fuel the Republican Party's detachment from reality, as shown through the Big Lie, conspiratorial thinking, the right-wing propaganda media and other anti-democratic beliefs and behavior. At the end of this conversation, Dodes once again expresses the view that Donald Trump believes himself to be a type of god, and that if he somehow returns to power may actually try to create an authoritarian police state.

    Are Trump's followers addicted to him? What would withdrawal look like for them and the country as a whole?

    I don't like to use the word "addiction" because it has a particular meaning. I would describe Trump's most extreme devotees as members of a charismatic cult. Such cults unconditionally worship a charismatic leader who is often delusional with a grandiose, psychotic belief in his perfection, like Trump. The followers close themselves off from accurate or rational information in order to protect their connection to the godlike cult leader and to avoid questioning his delusional views, which would cause them to be shunned or expelled from the group.

    What would an intervention look like for these people? You cannot help people become healthy and well if they do not want to. I fear America will be sick with Trumpism for a long time.

    Trump's followers don't believe they need any help. Having been conned into the leader's delusion of being a god, they believe that so long as they are following his perfect lead they could not possibly be wrong. It's important to be clear, though, that this description of Trump's most rabid followers likely does not apply to the Republicans in Congress who support Trump. Rather than being members of the Trump cult, they likely simply lack a decent conscience, immorally protecting their seats in Congress rather than the country or democracy.

    From the Big Lie to the QAnon conspiracy theory to lies and disinformation more generally, Republicans and Trumpists believe things that are demonstrably not true and literally outside of existing reality. Is this a public mental health emergency?

    It certainly is a public mental health emergency, and one that has occurred many times in human history. Followers adopt the belief system of a populist tyrant which becomes the new permitted reality, spreading to others who are swept up by their need to be included. That belief system, however fantastical or delusional, remains accepted truth until it is finally shown to be false. Those who have been conned into believing the tyrant's lies find comfort in their conviction that they know the truth, enabling them to feel superior to doubters.

    There are all these stories about Trump wandering around Mar-a-Lago, going to people's weddings and giving speeches where he airs his grievances and shares lies and conspiracy theories about how he was betrayed and so on. He continues to rage at his "enemies" and to be gripped by paranoia and out of touch with reality more generally. What do you see in his behavior?

    If there is someone who is ranting and raving about things that are obviously and demonstrably false yet insists that they are true, that is by definition delusional. If Trump were not a former president, he would be easily seen to be psychotic. Because he is a former president and has a cult following, we are expected to wonder if his behavior can be explained some other way.

    Can you elaborate more on your observation that Trump is behaving as though he were psychotic?

    He has been delusional for years, from the start of his presidency, when he claimed he had large crowds at his inauguration. But it's important to add that beside being delusional, Trump's behavior also reflects his deeply severe character disorder, his sociopathy. A person, after all, can be delusional and no danger whatsoever to anyone else. But the fact that Trump is a sociopath, a person without a conscience who is incapable of recognizing the inherent worth of other human beings, makes him the enormous danger he is. Trump has the worst of all worlds, one might say, psychotically grandiose and utterly uncaring about the harm he causes others. He is basically psychologically the same as the many infamous, cruel tyrants we know from recent and remote history.

    Could Donald Trump's children or other members of his inner circle force him to get medical help?

    Unfortunately, Trump's psychosis is not the type treatable with medication, and the severity of his character disorder means he would never be capable of engaging in introspection.

    Donald Trump clearly needs narcissistic fuel from his followers and other sources of attention. What does such a need do to a person's mind? And what happens when they are denied it?

    If Trump is charged and arrested for his alleged crimes and his base of support crumbles, he could not accept going to jail. He would be more likely to flee the country, perhaps buy himself a remote island that is controlled by a friendly dictator and declare himself king.

    You and other mental health professionals spent years warning the American people and the world about Trump's apparent mental pathologies and the danger he represented. Almost all of your predictions came true. As a thought experiment, what would America now look like if those warnings had been heeded and then acted upon?

    Trump would not have been elected president. If elected, he would have been quickly removed from office as a clear danger to the nation and to democracy.

    What would happen if Donald Trump somehow became president again or otherwise assumed a position of national power?

    Trump has already told us what he would do. When he was running against Hillary Clinton, he said that he wanted to "lock her up" in prison. That's what Trump would try to do if he were back in power. Trump seeks to be the same as the leader of North Korea, imprisoning or killing people if they dare to oppose him. With more power he is only going to get worse — more enraged, more paranoid, more psychotic, more violent and more dangerous. If he could, Donald Trump would turn America into a police state.
    See the Right Wing Super Patriot:

    Hear him preach how he loves his country. Hear him preach how he hates Liberals...and Moderates...and Intellectuals...and Activists...and Pacifisits...and Minority Groups...and Aliens...and Teenagers...and the Very Rich...and the Very Poor...and People with Foreign-sounding names.
    Now you know what a Right Wing Super Patriot is:
    Someone who loves his country while hating 90% of the Americans who live in it.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

    guno (06-14-2021), reagansghost (06-14-2021), Trumpet (06-14-2021)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    https://www.salon.com/2021/06/14/for...ormous-danger/

    For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump is a dire threat to public safety.

    Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

    Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

    They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

    Instead of being publicly praised and rewarded for their truth-telling and their attempts to warn America and the world, many of these mental health professionals have endured death threats and other retaliation. At least one of these truth-tellers, psychiatrist Dr. Bandy X. Lee — editor of "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump" — lost her position at an elite university, in large part because she continued to warn the public about Donald Trump and his movement's escalating danger to public safety.

    Many Americans, including the country's political elites, would prefer to throw the Age of Trump down the memory well. But such acts of organized forgetting will not save them from the Trump-controlled Republican Party's escalating assaults on American democracy. Forgetting that mental health professionals predicted the Trump nightmare and all it has wrought is an integral part of this campaign of national amnesia.

    Most importantly, Donald Trump is incapable of letting America or the world forget about him. Trump's apparent mental pathologies drive him to seek revenge against his perceived enemies and others he believes have wronged him.

    To that end, Trump still appears to be hatching half-baked schemes to remove Joe Biden from the presidency, even flirting with promises by his allies that he will somehow be "reinstated" as president later this year. Trump's followers, who comprise at least half of all Republican voters, have been convinced that he is still the legitimate president and that Biden is a usurper. Christian fascists and antisemitic QAnon conspiracy believers (two groups that overlap extensively) are among Trump's most ardent supporters.

    Mental health professionals predicted such an outcome as well. They understand that Trumpism was not an acute disease that would magically disappear once Donald Trump was no longer president. Instead, Trumpism is a potentially lethal, chronic and long-lasting disease of the nation's mind, body and spirit.

    In an effort to assess Donald Trump's continuing danger to American society and democracy, I recently spoke with Dr. Lance Dodes, whom I have interviewed on numerous occasions. Dodes is a retired assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a training and supervising analyst emeritus at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute. He is among the foremost voices who attempted to warn the American people and the world about Donald Trump's dangerous behavior.

    In this conversation, Dodes warns that Donald Trump appears to be a psychopath and that his dangerous behavior will only get worse. He argues that Trump's delusional beliefs fuel the Republican Party's detachment from reality, as shown through the Big Lie, conspiratorial thinking, the right-wing propaganda media and other anti-democratic beliefs and behavior. At the end of this conversation, Dodes once again expresses the view that Donald Trump believes himself to be a type of god, and that if he somehow returns to power may actually try to create an authoritarian police state.

    Are Trump's followers addicted to him? What would withdrawal look like for them and the country as a whole?

    I don't like to use the word "addiction" because it has a particular meaning. I would describe Trump's most extreme devotees as members of a charismatic cult. Such cults unconditionally worship a charismatic leader who is often delusional with a grandiose, psychotic belief in his perfection, like Trump. The followers close themselves off from accurate or rational information in order to protect their connection to the godlike cult leader and to avoid questioning his delusional views, which would cause them to be shunned or expelled from the group.

    What would an intervention look like for these people? You cannot help people become healthy and well if they do not want to. I fear America will be sick with Trumpism for a long time.

    Trump's followers don't believe they need any help. Having been conned into the leader's delusion of being a god, they believe that so long as they are following his perfect lead they could not possibly be wrong. It's important to be clear, though, that this description of Trump's most rabid followers likely does not apply to the Republicans in Congress who support Trump. Rather than being members of the Trump cult, they likely simply lack a decent conscience, immorally protecting their seats in Congress rather than the country or democracy.

    From the Big Lie to the QAnon conspiracy theory to lies and disinformation more generally, Republicans and Trumpists believe things that are demonstrably not true and literally outside of existing reality. Is this a public mental health emergency?

    It certainly is a public mental health emergency, and one that has occurred many times in human history. Followers adopt the belief system of a populist tyrant which becomes the new permitted reality, spreading to others who are swept up by their need to be included. That belief system, however fantastical or delusional, remains accepted truth until it is finally shown to be false. Those who have been conned into believing the tyrant's lies find comfort in their conviction that they know the truth, enabling them to feel superior to doubters.

    There are all these stories about Trump wandering around Mar-a-Lago, going to people's weddings and giving speeches where he airs his grievances and shares lies and conspiracy theories about how he was betrayed and so on. He continues to rage at his "enemies" and to be gripped by paranoia and out of touch with reality more generally. What do you see in his behavior?

    If there is someone who is ranting and raving about things that are obviously and demonstrably false yet insists that they are true, that is by definition delusional. If Trump were not a former president, he would be easily seen to be psychotic. Because he is a former president and has a cult following, we are expected to wonder if his behavior can be explained some other way.

    Can you elaborate more on your observation that Trump is behaving as though he were psychotic?

    He has been delusional for years, from the start of his presidency, when he claimed he had large crowds at his inauguration. But it's important to add that beside being delusional, Trump's behavior also reflects his deeply severe character disorder, his sociopathy. A person, after all, can be delusional and no danger whatsoever to anyone else. But the fact that Trump is a sociopath, a person without a conscience who is incapable of recognizing the inherent worth of other human beings, makes him the enormous danger he is. Trump has the worst of all worlds, one might say, psychotically grandiose and utterly uncaring about the harm he causes others. He is basically psychologically the same as the many infamous, cruel tyrants we know from recent and remote history.

    Could Donald Trump's children or other members of his inner circle force him to get medical help?

    Unfortunately, Trump's psychosis is not the type treatable with medication, and the severity of his character disorder means he would never be capable of engaging in introspection.

    Donald Trump clearly needs narcissistic fuel from his followers and other sources of attention. What does such a need do to a person's mind? And what happens when they are denied it?

    If Trump is charged and arrested for his alleged crimes and his base of support crumbles, he could not accept going to jail. He would be more likely to flee the country, perhaps buy himself a remote island that is controlled by a friendly dictator and declare himself king.

    You and other mental health professionals spent years warning the American people and the world about Trump's apparent mental pathologies and the danger he represented. Almost all of your predictions came true. As a thought experiment, what would America now look like if those warnings had been heeded and then acted upon?

    Trump would not have been elected president. If elected, he would have been quickly removed from office as a clear danger to the nation and to democracy.

    What would happen if Donald Trump somehow became president again or otherwise assumed a position of national power?

    Trump has already told us what he would do. When he was running against Hillary Clinton, he said that he wanted to "lock her up" in prison. That's what Trump would try to do if he were back in power. Trump seeks to be the same as the leader of North Korea, imprisoning or killing people if they dare to oppose him. With more power he is only going to get worse — more enraged, more paranoid, more psychotic, more violent and more dangerous. If he could, Donald Trump would turn America into a police state.
    Wow I've never seen anyone swallow as much trump cum as you.

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    21,439
    Thanks
    3,498
    Thanked 12,760 Times in 7,843 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,553 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Wow I've never seen anyone swallow as much trump cum as you.
    even more than your mom?

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    Dutch Uncle (06-14-2021), guno (06-14-2021), Joe Capitalist (06-14-2021), Trumpet (06-14-2021)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    even more than your mom?
    Probably but not as much as your father.

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,643
    Thanks
    2,446
    Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,553 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 278 Times in 265 Posts

    Default

    Today, 08:00 AM
    Yagina
    Verified Trump dick-sucker
    This message is hidden because Yagina is on your ignore list.


    See the Right Wing Super Patriot:

    Hear him preach how he loves his country. Hear him preach how he hates Liberals...and Moderates...and Intellectuals...and Activists...and Pacifisits...and Minority Groups...and Aliens...and Teenagers...and the Very Rich...and the Very Poor...and People with Foreign-sounding names.
    Now you know what a Right Wing Super Patriot is:
    Someone who loves his country while hating 90% of the Americans who live in it.

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    21,439
    Thanks
    3,498
    Thanked 12,760 Times in 7,843 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,553 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Could we see Trump Insurrection 2.0 this August?



    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-0-this-August

  9. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    45,425
    Thanks
    13,745
    Thanked 20,051 Times in 15,723 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,131 Times in 2,089 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Probably but not as much as your father.
    Sooo not as much. Is your mom a spitter or a swallower?
    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if unalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    guno (06-14-2021)

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,475
    Thanks
    8,189
    Thanked 29,844 Times in 23,793 Posts
    Groans
    2,791
    Groaned 2,328 Times in 2,218 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post

    For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump is a dire threat to public safety.
    there is no doubt whatsoever.....the average lib'rul is so obsessed with Trump that it interferes with everything they do..........they should be warned not to drive or operate heavy machinery while thinking about Trump......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    20,178
    Thanks
    10,640
    Thanked 9,829 Times in 6,809 Posts
    Groans
    179
    Groaned 339 Times in 333 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    https://www.salon.com/2021/06/14/for...ormous-danger/

    For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump is a dire threat to public safety.

    Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

    Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

    They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

    Instead of being publicly praised and rewarded for their truth-telling and their attempts to warn America and the world, many of these mental health professionals have endured death threats and other retaliation. At least one of these truth-tellers, psychiatrist Dr. Bandy X. Lee — editor of "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump" — lost her position at an elite university, in large part because she continued to warn the public about Donald Trump and his movement's escalating danger to public safety.

    Many Americans, including the country's political elites, would prefer to throw the Age of Trump down the memory well. But such acts of organized forgetting will not save them from the Trump-controlled Republican Party's escalating assaults on American democracy. Forgetting that mental health professionals predicted the Trump nightmare and all it has wrought is an integral part of this campaign of national amnesia.

    Most importantly, Donald Trump is incapable of letting America or the world forget about him. Trump's apparent mental pathologies drive him to seek revenge against his perceived enemies and others he believes have wronged him.

    To that end, Trump still appears to be hatching half-baked schemes to remove Joe Biden from the presidency, even flirting with promises by his allies that he will somehow be "reinstated" as president later this year. Trump's followers, who comprise at least half of all Republican voters, have been convinced that he is still the legitimate president and that Biden is a usurper. Christian fascists and antisemitic QAnon conspiracy believers (two groups that overlap extensively) are among Trump's most ardent supporters.

    Mental health professionals predicted such an outcome as well. They understand that Trumpism was not an acute disease that would magically disappear once Donald Trump was no longer president. Instead, Trumpism is a potentially lethal, chronic and long-lasting disease of the nation's mind, body and spirit.

    In an effort to assess Donald Trump's continuing danger to American society and democracy, I recently spoke with Dr. Lance Dodes, whom I have interviewed on numerous occasions. Dodes is a retired assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a training and supervising analyst emeritus at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute. He is among the foremost voices who attempted to warn the American people and the world about Donald Trump's dangerous behavior.

    In this conversation, Dodes warns that Donald Trump appears to be a psychopath and that his dangerous behavior will only get worse. He argues that Trump's delusional beliefs fuel the Republican Party's detachment from reality, as shown through the Big Lie, conspiratorial thinking, the right-wing propaganda media and other anti-democratic beliefs and behavior. At the end of this conversation, Dodes once again expresses the view that Donald Trump believes himself to be a type of god, and that if he somehow returns to power may actually try to create an authoritarian police state.

    Are Trump's followers addicted to him? What would withdrawal look like for them and the country as a whole?

    I don't like to use the word "addiction" because it has a particular meaning. I would describe Trump's most extreme devotees as members of a charismatic cult. Such cults unconditionally worship a charismatic leader who is often delusional with a grandiose, psychotic belief in his perfection, like Trump. The followers close themselves off from accurate or rational information in order to protect their connection to the godlike cult leader and to avoid questioning his delusional views, which would cause them to be shunned or expelled from the group.

    What would an intervention look like for these people? You cannot help people become healthy and well if they do not want to. I fear America will be sick with Trumpism for a long time.

    Trump's followers don't believe they need any help. Having been conned into the leader's delusion of being a god, they believe that so long as they are following his perfect lead they could not possibly be wrong. It's important to be clear, though, that this description of Trump's most rabid followers likely does not apply to the Republicans in Congress who support Trump. Rather than being members of the Trump cult, they likely simply lack a decent conscience, immorally protecting their seats in Congress rather than the country or democracy.

    From the Big Lie to the QAnon conspiracy theory to lies and disinformation more generally, Republicans and Trumpists believe things that are demonstrably not true and literally outside of existing reality. Is this a public mental health emergency?

    It certainly is a public mental health emergency, and one that has occurred many times in human history. Followers adopt the belief system of a populist tyrant which becomes the new permitted reality, spreading to others who are swept up by their need to be included. That belief system, however fantastical or delusional, remains accepted truth until it is finally shown to be false. Those who have been conned into believing the tyrant's lies find comfort in their conviction that they know the truth, enabling them to feel superior to doubters.

    There are all these stories about Trump wandering around Mar-a-Lago, going to people's weddings and giving speeches where he airs his grievances and shares lies and conspiracy theories about how he was betrayed and so on. He continues to rage at his "enemies" and to be gripped by paranoia and out of touch with reality more generally. What do you see in his behavior?

    If there is someone who is ranting and raving about things that are obviously and demonstrably false yet insists that they are true, that is by definition delusional. If Trump were not a former president, he would be easily seen to be psychotic. Because he is a former president and has a cult following, we are expected to wonder if his behavior can be explained some other way.

    Can you elaborate more on your observation that Trump is behaving as though he were psychotic?

    He has been delusional for years, from the start of his presidency, when he claimed he had large crowds at his inauguration. But it's important to add that beside being delusional, Trump's behavior also reflects his deeply severe character disorder, his sociopathy. A person, after all, can be delusional and no danger whatsoever to anyone else. But the fact that Trump is a sociopath, a person without a conscience who is incapable of recognizing the inherent worth of other human beings, makes him the enormous danger he is. Trump has the worst of all worlds, one might say, psychotically grandiose and utterly uncaring about the harm he causes others. He is basically psychologically the same as the many infamous, cruel tyrants we know from recent and remote history.

    Could Donald Trump's children or other members of his inner circle force him to get medical help?

    Unfortunately, Trump's psychosis is not the type treatable with medication, and the severity of his character disorder means he would never be capable of engaging in introspection.

    Donald Trump clearly needs narcissistic fuel from his followers and other sources of attention. What does such a need do to a person's mind? And what happens when they are denied it?

    If Trump is charged and arrested for his alleged crimes and his base of support crumbles, he could not accept going to jail. He would be more likely to flee the country, perhaps buy himself a remote island that is controlled by a friendly dictator and declare himself king.

    You and other mental health professionals spent years warning the American people and the world about Trump's apparent mental pathologies and the danger he represented. Almost all of your predictions came true. As a thought experiment, what would America now look like if those warnings had been heeded and then acted upon?

    Trump would not have been elected president. If elected, he would have been quickly removed from office as a clear danger to the nation and to democracy.

    What would happen if Donald Trump somehow became president again or otherwise assumed a position of national power?

    Trump has already told us what he would do. When he was running against Hillary Clinton, he said that he wanted to "lock her up" in prison. That's what Trump would try to do if he were back in power. Trump seeks to be the same as the leader of North Korea, imprisoning or killing people if they dare to oppose him. With more power he is only going to get worse — more enraged, more paranoid, more psychotic, more violent and more dangerous. If he could, Donald Trump would turn America into a police state.
    OH LOOK!! ANOTHER LEFTIDIOT "REMOTE PSYCHIATRIST", AND A MIND READER TO BOOT. AMAZING!!!!


    A "POLITICS STAFF WRITER FOR 'SALON' !!!

    YEAH...THAT's CREDIBLE.







    HILARIOUS ATTEMPT TO DEFLECT FROM THE GRWOING CATASTROPHE OF THE PRES.MORON PRESIDENCY...AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL ACTS OF THE STALIN-O-CRAT CONGRESS.
    Last edited by Grokmaster; 06-14-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..


    De Oppresso Liber

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,475
    Thanks
    8,189
    Thanked 29,844 Times in 23,793 Posts
    Groans
    2,791
    Groaned 2,328 Times in 2,218 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Could we see Trump Insurrection 2.0 this August?
    there is likely no end to the hallucinations you will experience......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Grokmaster (06-14-2021)

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    45,425
    Thanks
    13,745
    Thanked 20,051 Times in 15,723 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,131 Times in 2,089 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    https://www.salon.com/2021/06/14/for...ormous-danger/

    For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump is a dire threat to public safety.....
    Trump's security will always be tight so I expect he'll be safe until he dies of natural causes in about 10 years or less....but he may be babbling to himself and playing in his own shit a few years before then.

    Yes, there are a lot of nutjobs who take Trump seriously and some are certainly dangerous. OTOH, they'll be taken down like Timothy McVeigh even if they commit mass murder.

    Over 2/3s of those arrested for the Insurrection had previously known mental problems. Some severe.

    A different factor are the militias. While they still hate the US government and still seek to commit mass murder against Americans like their hero McVeigh, they also feel betrayed by Trump for not helping them on or after 1/6.

    Due to Trump's post-President security, I doubt the militias can touch Trump, but his grown children don't have anymore security than they can pay for. Factor in that IF Junior, Rudy or any other member of Trump's inner circle coordinated between the WH and the militia leaders, then the next best target below Trump would be one of those assholes.

    IIRC, government protection adult kids ends 6 months after Trump leaves office, meaning around July 20th.

    Maybe the militias are just pussycats. Paper tigers. Or maybe they have teeth and they'll demonstrate those teeth against those who betrayed them. I don't know. Time will tell.
    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if unalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Sooo not as much. Is your mom a spitter or a swallower?
    A biter if she has to deal with a leftist mass murdering idiot like you.

  17. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    45,425
    Thanks
    13,745
    Thanked 20,051 Times in 15,723 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,131 Times in 2,089 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    A biter if she has to deal with a leftist mass murdering idiot like you.
    Oooh. She likes it rough, eh? That could be fun too. Does she like nipple biting or spanking?
    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if unalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  18. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    25,805
    Thanks
    2,744
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 6,902 Posts
    Groans
    331
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,697 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    there is no doubt whatsoever.....the average lib'rul is so obsessed with Trump that it interferes with everything they do..........they should be warned not to drive or operate heavy machinery while thinking about Trump......
    See as usual you got it wrong really all we're doing is having fun trolling people like you
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

    Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 2,345 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 111 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Oooh. She likes it rough, eh? That could be fun too. Does she like nipple biting or spanking?
    Shed kick your puny leftist ass.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2021, 08:38 AM
  2. Psychiatrist Says Trump Displaying "Anti-Human" Tendencies
    By Cinnabar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2020, 03:15 AM
  3. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-22-2019, 10:34 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-14-2019, 05:53 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2019, 11:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •