Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Exodus of election officials raises concerns of partisanship

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12,735
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,120 Times in 2,888 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 313 Times in 299 Posts

    Default Exodus of election officials raises concerns of partisanship

    There is no shortage of job openings for local election officials in Michigan. It’s the same in Pennsylvania. Wisconsin, too.

    After facing threats and intimidation during the 2020 presidential election and its aftermath, and now the potential of new punishments in certain states, county officials who run elections are quitting or retiring early. The once quiet job of election administration has become a political minefield thanks to the baseless claims of widespread fraud that continue to be pushed by many in the Republican Party.

    https://apnews.com/article/election-...409689788b863f

    Republicans have become the Fascist Party.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    evince (06-13-2021)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    9,176
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 3,378 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

    Default

    My Republican friends here in Texas have been complaining about Texas making it difficult to vote absentee, the stopping of early voting, and some of the other new laws.

    Most of my Democrat friends have said, whatever it takes to vote- WE'RE READY TO GO DO IT- AND CAN'T HARDLY WAIT!

    Ahh! The power of winning! Don't it feel good?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

    evince (06-13-2021)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    22,470
    Thanks
    9,655
    Thanked 11,851 Times in 8,191 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,112 Times in 1,046 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    There is no shortage of job openings for local election officials in Michigan. It’s the same in Pennsylvania. Wisconsin, too.

    After facing threats and intimidation during the 2020 presidential election and its aftermath, and now the potential of new punishments in certain states, county officials who run elections are quitting or retiring early. The once quiet job of election administration has become a political minefield thanks to the baseless claims of widespread fraud that continue to be pushed by many in the Republican Party.

    https://apnews.com/article/election-...409689788b863f

    Republicans have become the Fascist Party.
    Under the new laws in many states, these officials' duties will be usurped by the partisan legislatures anyway.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    22,470
    Thanks
    9,655
    Thanked 11,851 Times in 8,191 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,112 Times in 1,046 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    My Republican friends here in Texas have been complaining about Texas making it difficult to vote absentee, the stopping of early voting, and some of the other new laws.

    Most of my Democrat friends have said, whatever it takes to vote- WE'RE READY TO GO DO IT- AND CAN'T HARDLY WAIT!

    Ahh! The power of winning! Don't it feel good?
    Some states are making it illegal to help people to get to the polls. It's going to be harder to register voters as well.

    Still...when you attempt to take away the constitutional rights of people, they tend to be more determined. Unfortunately, redistricting will keep state govts. looking exactly as they do now.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    Geeko Sportivo (06-13-2021)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    138,385
    Thanks
    42,337
    Thanked 23,260 Times in 18,064 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 18,918 Times in 17,528 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Under the new laws in many states, these officials' duties will be usurped by the partisan legislatures anyway.
    Nope


    The DOJ IS GOING TO BRING THEM DOWN

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    11,297
    Thanks
    4,585
    Thanked 5,490 Times in 3,781 Posts
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 242 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Nope


    The DOJ IS GOING TO BRING THEM DOWN
    Surrrrrrrrrrrrre they are you assnot Chinese bothole..

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    9,176
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 3,378 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

    Default

    Lawsuits will be filed. Many of these laws are unconstitutional and they will reach the Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court will also shut some of these laws down- such as the laws that allow state legislators to throw the votes of any precinct they do not agree with away!

    In other words if a Red State decides they don't like who won any given precinct they can just toss the votes away!

    You know that is not legal!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

    evince (06-21-2021)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    11,297
    Thanks
    4,585
    Thanked 5,490 Times in 3,781 Posts
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 242 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    There is no shortage of job openings for local election officials in Michigan. It’s the same in Pennsylvania. Wisconsin, too.

    After facing threats and intimidation during the 2020 presidential election and its aftermath, and now the potential of new punishments in certain states, county officials who run elections are quitting or retiring early. The once quiet job of election administration has become a political minefield thanks to the baseless claims of widespread fraud that continue to be pushed by many in the Republican Party.

    https://apnews.com/article/election-...409689788b863f

    Republicans have become the Fascist Party.
    Rats jumping from a sinking ship. They know the election was rigged and they want to GTFO of there before the hammer drops.

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    22,470
    Thanks
    9,655
    Thanked 11,851 Times in 8,191 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,112 Times in 1,046 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Lawsuits will be filed. Many of these laws are unconstitutional and they will reach the Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court will also shut some of these laws down- such as the laws that allow state legislators to throw the votes of any precinct they do not agree with away!

    In other words if a Red State decides they don't like who won any given precinct they can just toss the votes away!

    You know that is not legal!
    States have the right to regulate their own elections...BUT...with congressional oversight.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    evince (06-21-2021), Geeko Sportivo (06-13-2021)

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,591
    Thanks
    8,208
    Thanked 29,870 Times in 23,818 Posts
    Groans
    2,803
    Groaned 2,329 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    There is no shortage of job openings for local election officials in Michigan. It’s the same in Pennsylvania. Wisconsin, too.

    After facing threats and intimidation during the 2020 presidential election and its aftermath, and now the potential of new punishments in certain states, county officials who run elections are quitting or retiring early. The once quiet job of election administration has become a political minefield thanks to the baseless claims of widespread fraud that continue to be pushed by many in the Republican Party.

    https://apnews.com/article/election-...409689788b863f

    Republicans have become the Fascist Party.
    the ones who cheated are afraid people will be watching in 2022.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,591
    Thanks
    8,208
    Thanked 29,870 Times in 23,818 Posts
    Groans
    2,803
    Groaned 2,329 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    States have the right to regulate their own elections...BUT...with congressional oversight.
    is that the congress who refused to look into the 2020 election?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,591
    Thanks
    8,208
    Thanked 29,870 Times in 23,818 Posts
    Groans
    2,803
    Groaned 2,329 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Under the new laws in many states, these officials' duties will be usurped by the partisan legislatures anyway.
    ???...are you talking about the states which have constitutions which say its the legislature and not the officials who make the laws about elections?.........apparently you have no clue what the word "usurped" actually means......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,591
    Thanks
    8,208
    Thanked 29,870 Times in 23,818 Posts
    Groans
    2,803
    Groaned 2,329 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Some states are making it illegal to help people to get to the polls. .
    please give an example....because it is probable that you are lying out of your ass.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  19. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    138,385
    Thanks
    42,337
    Thanked 23,260 Times in 18,064 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 18,918 Times in 17,528 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the ones who cheated are afraid people will be watching in 2022.....
    Yes you are


    So you are doubling down on cheating

  20. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    105,591
    Thanks
    8,208
    Thanked 29,870 Times in 23,818 Posts
    Groans
    2,803
    Groaned 2,329 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Yes you are


    So you are doubling down on cheating
    and yet, I am not the one objecting to having people watch for cheaters........don't you find that interesting?..........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Similar Threads

  1. Supreme Court Spurns Partisanship in Trump Election Case
    By guno in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-13-2020, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2020, 06:27 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-04-2019, 10:22 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-21-2018, 03:46 PM
  5. Lee raises 'concerns' over Blue Dog deal
    By Topspin in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 12:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •