Thread: White Privilege

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,600 Times in 51,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    AKA Democracy. People vote themselves the largesse of the treasury. Since Euro-Americans outnumbered all other cultures, they got their way for hundreds of years in the Western cultures. It's not like it's the first time the Euros did that shit either. LOL
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    How about you just get fucked and we call it a deal. Nobody really gives a shit anyway.
    I think the one above ^ just proved "reagansghost's" point, and "stone" will never understand how

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I don't understand what white privilege is. That's why I don't make videos on it.
    Easy to understand, simple explanation, look at where you are, what you have accomplished, how hard it was to get there, and that ask yourself truthfully, if you were born say black, would you have confronted more obstacles along the way

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 Times in 7,537 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Easy to understand, simple explanation, look at where you are, what you have accomplished, how hard it was to get there, and that ask yourself truthfully, if you were born say black, would you have confronted more obstacles along the way
    I would have been accepted to professional school with grades I never could have been accepted with as a white person. I'd never have a problem working w/ the gubmint, say, VA, military or teaching public health , and had a nice cushy career and retired after 20 yrs.
    So in answer to your question I'd have to say less obstacles had I been born black.
    I'd call that black privilege. How about you?
    But I don't begrudge it. It is what it is.
    As far as what I actually did which is private practice, that completely depends on the individual regardless of race.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I would have been accepted to professional school with grades I never could have been accepted with as a white person. I'd never have a problem working w/ the gubmint, say, VA, military or public health and had a nice cushy career and retired after 20 yrs.
    So in answer to your question I'd have to say less obstacles.
    As far as what I actually did which is private practice, that completely depends on the individual regardless of race.
    You aren't being honest but falling back on talk radio rhetoric

Being a minority doesn't mean you are automatically accepted in to every school nor accepted at every Government job, and even if accepted, paying for that education or being promoted within that job

And seeing the obvious didn't work for you, I'll give you an even simpler example, when you attend a pro or college athletic event, play golf, attend the theater, shop at your local shopping mall, other daily you things you do in life your position makes possible, are there a lot of minorities around ?

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

last year there was a video posted that attempted to show 'white privilege' by having people of all races participate in a race..........but first, there were questions about broken families and such, those that didn't experience them were given a step forward etc...... the video showed all these white people getting to take steps forward while all the black people had to start at the original starting line. It's a bullshit video because I didn't get to take any steps either, yet I'm where I'm at, not because of privilege, but because I busted my ass to get here.

white privilege is a fucking myth
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jakemax View Post
    Fuck you up your worthless lying ass ya son of a whore.
    Lock Him Up

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

You aren't being honest but falling back on talk radio rhetoric

Being a minority doesn't mean you are automatically accepted in to every school nor accepted at every Government job, and even if accepted, paying for that education or being promoted within that job

And seeing the obvious didn't work for you, I'll give you an even simpler example, when you attend a pro or college athletic event, play golf, attend the theater, shop at your local shopping mall, other daily you things you do in life your position makes possible, are there a lot of minorities around ?
    Regarding your last paragraph do I have less privilege because San Francisco is ethnically diverse compared to someone who lives a state like New Hampshire which is 90%+ white?

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Who cares? Looks like another random person making twits, I mean tweets.
    I think you mean a twit that is tweeting. Isn't that what Twitter is for?

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't understand what white privilege is. That's why I don't make videos on it.
    I don't CARE about "white privilege". I'd never even heard of it until Trump was elected, so I never trusted the concept, same with systemic racism, critical race theory and all the rest of the BS the new communazi left comes up with. The more these fake problems without solutions are folded into society, and blamed on republicans, the longer the jackasses will maintain their stranglehold on power. Six months of this brain-dead tyrant and his entourage should have convinced even the most die hard biden voter of this.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 Times in 7,537 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

. You aren't being honest but falling back on talk radio rhetoric
    How am I not being honest? You never heard of affirmative action?

Being a minority doesn't mean you are automatically accepted in to every school
    Of course not. Just the bar is lowered.
    nor accepted at every Government job,
    Of course not. Just the bar is lowered

and even if accepted, paying for that education
    ? I had to pay for mine. Speaking of that don’t minorities have more access to grants and scholarships? With the exception of Asians of course, the most discriminated against.

or being promoted within that job
    Of course not. Just the bar is lowered

I’d estimate about 12% consistent with the general population , depending on the area. E.g., when I lived in N.O. there was a lot higher than 12% at all those things you mentioned. So yes, there were loads of minorities around.
    Why do you feel a segment of the population has to be over-represented?
    How does my “position “ (whatever that is) make it more accessible than anyone else?

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    "Privileges" like what? It's easy for some addleheaded Leftist to make vague, unsupported claims like the ones in those posts. She needs to put some substance behind her outrage.
    In America and based on U.S. Constitutional law and federal civil rights laws, in particular, everyone is privileged at having those civil liberty protections under the law and regardless of who one is.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    No such fucking thing