1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    My post said "We need to be very wary of white men."

I comprehend that you didn't respond to the fact that "the mass shootings in the United States by gender clearly demonstrates that the majority of mass shootings are carried out by men..."
    I'll hold your hand and help you out this time ...

From the article ...

"Between 1982 and May 2021, 66 out of the 124 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by white shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 21 mass shootings, and Latino in 10. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 53 percent, 17 percent and eight percent respectively..."

When you adjust those raw statistics with the percentage of each group within the population ... the numbers are vastly different

I hope that helps you out

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I'll hold your hand and help you out this time ...

From the article ...

"Between 1982 and May 2021, 66 out of the 124 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by white shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 21 mass shootings, and Latino in 10. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 53 percent, 17 percent and eight percent respectively..."

When you adjust those raw statistics with the percentage of each group within the population ... the numbers are vastly different

I hope that helps you out
    <sigh> You're continuing to ignore the statistics about men v. women. I moved past the racial numbers and posted about gender numbers in post 32, the one you're quibbling about. Statista reported on race and gender and you're focusing on race only. I'm aware of percentages but that doesn't make the numbers look good for white men.

Let me hold your hand here. Also in the article... "Broadly speaking, the racial distribution of mass shootings mirrors the racial distribution of the U.S. population as a whole." Each group is equally bad when the numbers are matched with race. The bottom line is that most mass shootings are carried out by white men. Not black men, not black or white women. White men.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

America doesn't have a gun problem.........we have a gang problem.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

What Anchovies "forgot" to mention:

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

Early Saturday morning, a gunman shot and injured at least 19 people outside an Austin, Texas, bar.

But the city’s flagship newspaper, the leftist Austin-American Statesman, refused to release the description of the suspect, a dangerous mass shooter who was still on the run, because—you guessed it—it would be racist.

The newspaper white-splained in an Editor’s Note appended to its main story on the shooting:

Editor’s note: Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes. If more detailed information is released, we will update our reporting.

The description circulated by police was not, by any stretch of the imagination, “vague.”

The description, in fact, dramatically reduced the suspect pool in the Austin area, narrowing it down to black males wearing dreadlocks.

If you’re a police officer (or a citizen at risk from an at-large criminal) wouldn’t you want to know that information?

And then there’s this bit from the newspaper’s report: “Police said they had zeroed in on two suspects involved in [a] previous dispute and were rapidly working to arrest them.”

In other words, the Statesman knew that the police knew who the suspects were.

If the police said the suspects were black, why didn’t the newspaper take the police department at its word?

I’ll tell you why: the Statesman wants to perpetuate the fictional narrative that dangerous, gun-toting white supremacist rednecks are roaming the city of Austin, hunting black people.

The Statesman would have us believe that everyone in the Austin area was a potential suspect, when, in fact, the newspaper knew that not to be true. (On a related note, the same public safety issues arise when no one knows whether a suspect is a male or a female because assuming someone’s gender might result in hurt feelings.)

Austin is not alone in prioritizing the woke agenda over safety.

San Francisco police released the picture of a black suspect who lit a woman on fire on a BART train, but blurred out the assailant's face, purportedly to avoid perpetuating racial stereotypes.

Austin and other U.S. cities continue to demonstrate that they care more about being woke than protecting the public from dangerous criminals.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/paula-bolyard/2021/06/12/why-is-the-austin-media-refusing-to-release-description-of-at-large-austin-shooter-just-kidding-you-know-why-n1454212
    Poor Anchovies.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

"
    "

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My post said "We need to be very wary of white men." I comprehend that you didn't respond to the fact that "the mass shootings in the United States by gender clearly demonstrates that the majority of mass shootings are carried out by men..."
    "White" is a gender?

7. #52 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

<sigh> You're continuing to ignore the statistics about men v. women. I moved past the racial numbers and posted about gender numbers in post 32, the one you're quibbling about. Statista reported on race and gender and you're focusing on race only. I'm aware of percentages but that doesn't make the numbers look good for white men.

Let me hold your hand here. Also in the article... "Broadly speaking, the racial distribution of mass shootings mirrors the racial distribution of the U.S. population as a whole." Each group is equally bad when the numbers are matched with race. The bottom line is that most mass shootings are carried out by white men. Not black men, not black or white women. White men.
    Interesting it doesn't report the average age of these shooters...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

We need to be very wary of white men.
    is there some sort of payment system for everytime one of you racewar baiters mentions the evilness of white men???
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    is there some sort of payment system for everytime one of you racewar baiters mentions the evilness of white men???
    The same payment system for every time one of these racists mentions only the crimes committed by black men and ignores the rest.

― Charles Dickens

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

See post 41. The wiki link referenced in the picture states that there were 614 mass shootings in 2020 that fit the criteria. The poster showed pics of 99 black men. The 515 pics of other mass shooters that include white, Hispanic or Asian men are MIA, leggiecrite. The info is taken from his link, not mine. Now let's take a guess or three why the poster showed only black men. The first two don't count.

― Charles Dickens

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,615 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

DEMOCRAT SHOOTER...SAME AS WITH THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF ALL MURDERS IN THE US....

DEMTHUGS:

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The wiki link referenced in the picture states that there were 614 mass shootings in 2020 that fit the criteria.
    So?

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So?
    RIF. 614 mass shootings and dishonest poster chooses to show only the black shooters.

This was all meant for STY but thanks for giving me the chance to elaborate for the clueless.

― Charles Dickens

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"White" is a gender?

You focused on "white" instead of "men?"

― Charles Dickens

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

614 mass shootings and dishonest poster chooses to show only the black shooters.
    Did he?