Them, to you, it does not count?

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    The NRA isn't shooting anyone.
    They are making guns and anti-personnel weapons available to Americans. They fight any regulations. They have lots of responsibility.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Now you're moving the goalposts. The topic was mass shootings, not homicide in general.
    You ignored post #73 where I kicked a bunch of nice, straight field goals of "mass shootings" facts, perfectly right down the middle of your goal posts, sending multiple points of your dumb "it's wypipo" argument into the locker room in disgrace, especially the incredibly dumb one about me choosing only photos of Black shooters.

The reason I posted the plain ol' murder stats for young men in the next post, is that most "mass shootings" are just the regular, everyday gun play of inner-city drive-by's and rip squads and brotha-beefs.

Those plain murders happen day-in-day-out, thousands of them as my post 74 stats show and you don't give a shit because you don't want to fix that, you only want to capitalize on media mentioned murder . . . the "special" ones, those gaining the "mass shooting" moniker, the gun play that happen to ring the "4+ injured" bell.

There isn't anything unique or extraordinary about them that sets them apart from the other 4+K murders, but perhaps occasional exceptional stupidity where multiple shooters are trading bullets on a crowded sidewalk over something of vital importance like scuffed sneakers.
    Last edited by Abatis; 06-19-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    GUN CONTROL LAWS ARE OSHA REGULATIONS FOR VIOLENT CRIMINALS

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abatis View Post
    You ignored post #73 where I kicked a bunch of nice, straight field goals of "mass shootings" facts, perfectly right down the middle of your goal posts, sending multiple points of your dumb "it's wypipo" argument into the locker room in disgrace, especially the incredibly dumb one about me choosing only photos of Black shooters.

The reason I posted the plain ol' murder stats for young men in the next post, is that most "mass shootings" are just the regular, everyday gun play of inner-city drive-by's and rip squads and brotha-beefs.

Those plain murders happen day-in-day-out, thousands of them as my post 74 stats show and you don't give a shit because you don't want to fix that, you only want to capitalize on media mentioned murder . . . the "special" ones, those gaining the "mass shooting" moniker, the gun play that happen to ring the "4+ injured" bell.

There isn't anything unique or extraordinary about them that sets them apart from the other 4+K murders, but perhaps occasional exceptional stupidity where multiple shooters are trading bullets on a crowded sidewalk over something of vital importance like scuffed sneakers.
    Looking at post 41 and post 73, both reference two sites: https://mass-shootings.info and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...States_in_2020 (or 2019.)

The first site, https://mass-shootings.info, is a random graphic with no data and a name registered on Namecheap in 2019. There are no names, dates, locations, or other identifying data. The 2020 graphic shows 113 alleged perps and the 2019 graphic shows 172 alleged perps, and the only thing those people have in common is that they are all non-white.

The second site, https://mass-shootings.info and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...States_in_2020 gives information about where the shootings took place and how many people were killed or wounded. The same applies to the 2019 shootings.

Neither of these wiki sites even mentions race, gender, age or any info whatsoever about the shooters. The mass-shootings site pulled their so-called data out of somewhere but certainly not the wiki links indicated. A reliable site should have no problem with backing up its allegations with facts yet yours doesn't provide footnotes to show the reader where the numbers came from. If you want to question the author, you have to send an email to the site. There's no About link giving the author's credentials.

My opinion of your comments stands. You twice posted a graphic that shows exactly nothing except your wish to believe that blacks are more responsible for mass shootings than whites. You won't be able to explain anything about the graphics because they are unverifiable dead ends.

Posters like you are a dime a dozen on JPP. You guys will go out of the way to cherry-pick info to confirm your biases against non-whites. Your actual writing ability is somewhat better than the run of the mill bigots' abilities, but underneath you're all the same.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

evil white racist shooter turns out to be black......evil homophobe truck driver turns out to be gay..........llbs are having a bad week.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Minister of Truth (06-23-2021)

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    we do not have too many guns, we do not have enough thoughts and prayers.....especially thoughts, when it comes to NRA goons and the repubs in their back pocket.
    so here's a story of 13 people who trusted their fellow americans to the point that they felt they didn't need to provide for their own protection and safety..................and where are they right now?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    They are having a huge biker rally in Austin this week. Alcohol and Bikers what could possibly go wrong.
    another massacre by law enforcement maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The first site, https://mass-shootings.info, is a random graphic with no data and a name registered on Namecheap in 2019. There are no names, dates, locations, or other identifying data. The 2020 graphic shows 113 alleged perps and the 2019 graphic shows 172 alleged perps, and the only thing those people have in common is that they are all non-white....

Neither of these wiki sites even mentions race, gender, age or any info whatsoever about the shooters. The mass-shootings site pulled their so-called data out of somewhere but certainly not the wiki links indicated. A reliable site should have no problem with backing up its allegations with facts yet yours doesn't provide footnotes to show the reader where the numbers came from.
    First question, are you on a fucking cursor-less phone?

On my laptop, on the home "index" page (https://mass-shootings.info/index.php) as you move your mouse over the graphic, every block, every picture has a fly-out with the name, town, legal status of the perp (apprehended & charged, wanted, suicide, or killed) and how many times he rang the "mass shooting" bell.

When you move the mouse into the text of the fly-out it becomes a link which takes you to a page with more info including links to news sites.

Come on, give me your hand, we will take a stroll thorough the scary site and see it as it is meant to be seen.

You ready??? I'll buy you an ice cream at the end . . .

Here's a screengrab of a sample fly-out on the 2020 page, this one is on the top row, fourth block from the left:

Here is a screengrab from the page that the fly-out box link goes to:

Here is a screengrab from one of the news reports about this guy's arrest:

Every fucking block / picture has the same level of info / data for the perp and incident. You and your phone should just stick to tik-tok and grinder, research that needs full site functionality is beyond your capabilities.

Last edited by Abatis; 06-22-2021 at 01:21 AM.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abatis View Post
    First question, are you on a fucking cursor-less phone?

On my laptop, on the home "index" page (https://mass-shootings.info/index.php) as you move your mouse over the graphic, every block, every picture has a fly-out with the name, town, legal status of the perp (apprehended & charged, wanted, suicide, or killed) and how many times he rang the "mass shooting" bell.

When you move the mouse into the text of the fly-out it becomes a link which takes you to a page with more info including links to news sites.

Come on, give me your hand, we will take a stroll thorough the scary site and see it as it is meant to be seen.

You ready??? I'll buy you an ice cream at the end . . .

Here's a screengrab of a sample fly-out on the 2020 page, this one is on the top row, fourth block from the left:

Here is a screengrab from the page that the fly-out box link goes to:

Here is a screengrab from one of the news reports about this guy's arrest:

Every fucking block / picture has the same level of info / data for the perp and incident. You and your phone should just stick to tik-tok and grinder, research that needs full site functionality is beyond your capabilities.
    Let me make it simple, you insufferable moron. Those are not mass murders according to the wiki definition posted on the website's picture. AND YOUR OWN EXAMPLE ABOVE PROVES IT:

Walter Jackson, attempted murder.

A few other examples from the pics include:

Jaquavion Anderson, one count of first-degree assault, five counts of armed criminal action, four counts of second-degree assault, one count of unlawful use of a weapon, one count of unlawful possession of a firearm

Kymonie Davis, one count of being a felon in possession of ammunition, seven counts of malicious wounding, seven counts of wanton endangerment

Jaron Heard, felonious assault

And on and on and on.

How on god's green earth can you define Walter Jackson's crime as mass murder when nobody died? That chart is full of pictures of men who committed homicides, assaults, attempted murder or other crimes, not mass murder.

Maybe mass-shooting.com is your own website, where you try to persuade the gullible that most mass murders are committed by non-whites, but you failed miserably. You're just a dishonest bigot, period.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Those are not mass murders
    No shit, I never said they were; the standard has always been "mass shootings" with 4+ injured not necessarily killed.

Now we have come full circle back to my original complaint about you disingenuous leftists shapeshifting the terminology.

You just find it impossible to maintain continuity and honesty don't you?

according to the wiki definition posted on the website's picture. AND YOUR OWN EXAMPLE ABOVE PROVES IT:
    Huh? Wikipedia notes that the other criteria that it employs to compile its list have a looser definition of mass shooting (that may be predicated on as few as three deaths) but the Wikipedia total only lists an incident if it is listed on two of the compilers. Wikipedia notes that the Gun Violence Archive is the dominant source in the discussion now and to my point, GVA uses the same criteria used by mass-shooting.info (or vice-versa). . .

That site, https://mass-shootings.info/index.php expressly states on the graphic that the graphic shows:

"Every person convicted, charged or wanted in connection with the shooting of 4+ people or who died before they could be charged"

Yes, again, the Wikipedia link employs other criteria to compile its overall list but those differences neither alters the total and certainly doesn't justify your criticism of me or the mass-shooting.info graphic or site.

The mass-shooting.info and the Wikipedia total of INCIDENTS are within two; Wiki has it at 614, mass-shooting.info is working off a total of 612.

So what the fuck are you going on about? Wikipedia says:

• "There were 614 mass shootings in 2020 that fit the inclusion criteria of this article, resulting in 446 deaths . . . "

If you are correct, why isn't the number of "murders" 3X or 4X the number of incidents?

If what's being compiled is "mass murders" where 3 or 4 are killed in each incident, why isn't Wikipedia listing a death total over 1800?

Fuck you you lying sack of shit.

How on god's green earth can you define Walter Jackson's crime as mass murder when nobody died?
    I don't, nobody else does, you are the only imbecile or just lying sack of shit that does . . . I never, ever, fucking never, used the term "mass murder" to describe these crimes / incidents. Why do you keep saying "mass murder" and assigning that term to my description of the crimes, when "mass murder" is not the criteria being used?

That chart is full of pictures of men who committed homicides, assaults, attempted murder or other crimes, not mass murder.
    No shit again, NOT "mass murder", mass shootings . . .

Maybe mass-shooting.com is your own website, where you try to persuade the gullible that most mass murders are committed by non-whites, but you failed miserably. You're just a dishonest bigot, period.
    Not my website.

I have never made any statement about "mass murders", my statements have only been about mass shootings.

You are doing the same shit as you did back in post 32, trying to shift terms and meanings.

You are a duplicitous lying sack of shit who couldn't be honest if your life depended on it.

13. #87 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They are making guns and anti-personnel weapons available to Americans. They fight any regulations. They have lots of responsibility.
    Tell us, just how are we (yes, I'm a life member) making guns and anti-personnel weapons available to Americans? We don't sell them as an organization.
    We hold more safety and marksmanship courses than any other private organization.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.