Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican State Legislatures Assume Leadership of Insurrection.

1. #361 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,647 Times in 7,180 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,049 Times in 995 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Dallas won.
    The Patriots defense couldn't stop a blood nose.
    I didn't care about the game--am in Red Sox mode right now--
    but how Belichick punted in overtime when his defense didn't stop the Cowboys all day
    makes me pretty certain that he's got dementia and needs to call it a career.

We sometimes see deer here on the outskirts of residential Boston, but the local authorities get pissed off if anybody starts shooting right there in the neighborhoods.
    We get enough of that downtown where there are no deer. And yet, I often miss living downtown.

To the north and south are dense metropolitan areas
    and to the east is the Atlantic Ocean
    but west of the city there actually is a little wooded land.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

2. #362 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,518 Times in 2,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I have to respond to this before I forget. I remember thinking the same thing in the first game of the season when Dallas kicked a field goal with about a minute and a half remaining on 3rd and one or two. I was hollering at the TV for them to go for the first down instead of leaving Brady and Company that much time to march down and kick a game winner of their own. We hadn't stopped them consistently and ... after all, it was Tom Brady. The coach couldn't hear me through the TV ... maybe it was the crowd noise ... and it played out just like I figured it would. I guess that's why they get paid the big bucks and we get to sit home and watch it through a box.

3. #363 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,281 Times in 22,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Republican State Legislatures Assume Leadership of Insurrection.
    There was no insurrection. That is a lie filled narrative promoted by the Democratic Party of the Jackass and their propaganda media.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #364 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Open mike is over for you too, Bullshit Blob.
    Enjoy yourself on everybody else's computer or phone.

5. #365 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Watched the football game tonight…remember the Titans. Great game. Kept a check on the baseball game. I love the subtle gesture at the end of the game when Correa grounded out to second. If it was like it used to be Correa would have caught a fastball to the ribs by now for his “my time” gesture in game 1 when he hit that home run.

6. #366 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Watched the football game tonight…remember the Titans. Great game. Kept a check on the baseball game. I love the subtle gesture at the end of the game when Correa grounded out to second. If it was like it used to be Correa would have caught a fastball to the ribs by now for his “my time” gesture in game 1 when he hit that home run.
    Sox put up double digits again tonight, with home games coming up for two more nights.

The Correa gesture wouldn't have flown in the old days, but nothing is the same.

The post Fay Vincent era under Bud Selig and Rob Manfred has seen the game shed quite a bit of dignity.

7. #367 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They took our Native American students on a trip today. That left me with 4 kids in my first class, 6 in my second class and 4 kids in me third class. We reviewed and practiced previously learned skills.

I sat in my tree stand until sundown after school. Saw lots and lots of wood ducks and a few squirrels…but no deer. I will re-visit those ducks in December and January when season opens. This is the first year I’ve gotten to take advantage of my part time, reduced work load/retirement and I must say that I’m loving it.

Finishing the day watching baseball…doesn’t get much better than that.

8. #368 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sox bats have been streaky all year. They all hit together and they all go salami-bat together.
    When they come down after a hot streak, they stay down for at least a week.

Looking very good for Dusty right now.
    Afternoon game tomorrow, I believe.

9. #369 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sox bats continued to slump yesterday. Braves came alive against the Dodgers though. If I'm rooting for anyone out of the four teams left it would likely be the Braves. They gave up the 3-1 lead to the Dodgers last year and I've felt sorry for them ever since.

I have to run the score clock for the elementary basketball tournament at our school tonight so I probably won't get to watch much baseball. I haven't looked at what time the NLCS is being played, but if they are late enough I'll get to see some of it.

I may be getting too old to teach. The kids are still doing well and learning a lot but I feel like I have to be a "mean guy" to my 8th graders every day. 7th graders and Juniors/Seniors are much more pleasant. I don't know. Every once in a while I feel like I need to hang it up for good and get a retirement job driving a tractor.

Looking forward to the weekend. Opening of blackpowder season. I am a muzzleloader fanatic. I have 4 of them and have to really restrain myself when I see one available. I've been wanting a 32 caliber for squirrel hunting but they're nearly $600, and some are a lot higher. I'm a little too tight for that but I do like the idea while I'm able to follow my dog through the woods.

10. #370 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

11. #371 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ah, another cultural difference--most Boston dogs refuse to work for a living. Hunt? They demand to be spoiled rotten as pets instead.
    Mine sleeps in bed between my wife and I, still believing that we require a chaperone at our age.
    Thank God it's a king sized bed.

The Red Sox have been the same all year--very streaky offensively. When they suddenly get cold, they all get cold together and it lasts for a couple of weeks at least.
    I'm pretty sure that they're done.

12. #372 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Ah, another cultural difference--most Boston dogs refuse to work for a living. Hunt? They demand to be spoiled rotten as pets instead.
    Mine sleeps in bed between my wife and I, still believing that we require a chaperone at our age.
    Thank God it's a king sized bed.

The Red Sox have been the same all year--very streaky offensively. When they suddenly get cold, they all get cold together and it lasts for a couple of weeks at least.
    I'm pretty sure that they're done.
    LOL...my dogs are pretty spoiled as far as hunting dogs go. While they don't get to stay in the house all the time they have a duplex, insulated, heated house to stay in when they are outside. We just have to make sure they aren't in the house at the same time as the cat. That would be a problem and might not end well. You saw the picture of the Mountain Cur squirrel dog. The other is a tri-color Beagle. Great dogs.

Lunch is over. 7th graders coming.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

NiftyNiblick (10-21-2021)

14. #373 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know whether to bother watching the Sox or not tonight.
    It would be just like them to win and get slaughtered tomorrow night instead. That would be bringing us back to the seventies and eighties when they did that stuff all the time.

Played my last round of golf for the year today, and now we'll tuck Mazikeen, my '62 Corvette, in for the winter.
    Then we'll see if I'm still around in the spring to play golf and drive Maz again.

I'd set the odds at 50/50. My friends are dropping like flies. Lost another one this week.
    No services. That's getting to be the norm, it seems--at least with my gang.

Well, this has been an inspirational post.
    I'll try to do better tomorrow!

15. #374 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sometimes we have those days.

I’ve spent the morning raking and burning some leaves. Then I made sure my 4-wheeler was ready…air in the tires, gassed up, battery charged…in case I need it to haul a deer in the morning. I use the thing about three or four times a year but when I need it it’s handy to have.

Copying machine died at the church building so we’re going in to Ft. Smith, AR tonight to get another. Another excuse for date night…as if I needed one.

Will catch up on the Sox and Astros when I get back home.

16. #375 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've never had a root canal done, but I imagine it would be similar to watching this baseball game tonight.

We didn't have a single .300 hitter on our team this year.
    Baseball in the age of analytics isn't the game that I grew up watching.

I want Wade Boggs and Manny Ramirez back!