Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960 LastLast

Thread: Republican State Legislatures Assume Leadership of Insurrection.

1. #856 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I have enjoyed my time in Central Oklahoma this week. It is a much different area from the corner of the state where I live but the people are so friendly. I have only paid for two meals so far. Tonight is the last night of the meeting so we will be going home tomorrow. While it has been good to be here and the work has been successful, I am looking forward to getting home to spend some time with my critters and to work my garden out. Then it is off to South Dakota next Monday.

Baseball has been so disappointing this season, but I saw it coming. My Cardinals needed to beef up the bullpen and get another starter during the off season and they made zero, zilch, nada moves to do so. I don’t know why. But it is hard to watch them. If we have a 3 run lead going into they 8th I speculate we have a 40% chance to win. If we have a 2 run lead that goes down to 25% and a 1 run lead I’d say we have a 15% chance to win. Pitcher can’t throw strikes and when they do they get hit … hard. Tough to watch.

If they do bury them, though, there are dog urns that will have to be buried with them.
    I could never say goodbye to my dogs.
    City dogs don't hunt, don't herd livestock, don't pull sleds, and very few guard warehouses.

They live in the house, they often sleep with the humans, and the only thing that makes them different from the other family members
    is that they only live from 10-15 years. We have to go through losing them.
    Country dogs have very similar lives … except mine do hunt. Lots of folks have dogs that live in the house. I’m the exception as I like to use my dogs to hunt. I have sold hunting dogs for as much as $2000 and know guys who have sold them for more. But I was very picky as to who I would sell to. If I had hunted with a guy and he mistreated his dogs (sadly some do) he wasn’t getting one of mine.

I don’t train dogs to sell or trade now. I simply don’t have the time or the connections. By the time I get a dog trained nowadays, I get way too attached to it to even think about selling it. My deceased dogs are buried in various places on my property or are lain to rest near the places where they enjoyed hunting on the WMA behind my place.

Going to eat the last lunch this week that I am not going to play for. Mexican food…

2. #857 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

First full day back home. Got the garden hoed out and ready to till (<— See that word right there? I had to edit this post because the iPad changed it to “fill.” Guess the creators of the autocorrect function never heard of tilling a garden.) if we can get a rain before I leave again. Painted my dog box trying to extend its life a bit. Then I worked in my shop this evening. I’ve been trying to reclaim it to make it a workable/useable shop again. I have a few wood working tools and I do some shade tree mechanic work for myself. I haven’t used my shop for anything but storage for the last 15 years so things were really piled up. I’ve been using my dad’s in the meantime.

I’ll be making at least one trip to the transfer station before all of this is over. Of course there are always protestors when you try to change things. I had to use my back up CC weapon to take care of it. A 22 stinger will ruin a rat’s day not to mention its head.

3. #858 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    First full day back home. Got the garden hoed out and ready to till (<— See that word right there? I had to edit this post because the iPad changed it to “fill.” Guess the creators of the autocorrect function never heard of tilling a garden.) if we can get a rain before I leave again. Painted my dog box trying to extend its life a bit. Then I worked in my shop this evening. I’ve been trying to reclaim it to make it a workable/useable shop again. I have a few wood working tools and I do some shade tree mechanic work for myself. I haven’t used my shop for anything but storage for the last 15 years so things were really piled up. I’ve been using my dad’s in the meantime.

I’ll be making at least one trip to the transfer station before all of this is over. Of course there are always protestors when you try to change things. I had to use my back up CC weapon to take care of it. A 22 stinger will ruin a rat’s day not to mention its head.

Transfer station, Rev?
    What do the rapid transit lines have to do with this?
    I didn't think that you even had any over there.
    Subways in rural Oklahoma?
    I'd call that major progress!

Also, the Avatar is curious as to what a "dog box" is.
    Just hope that your dogs don't discover what a king sized bed is!!!
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

4. #859 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL …

5. #860 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL …
    Actually, I was serious about the transfer station, Rev.
    What exactly is that?
    I assume that it's not a station where you can transfer from one train line to another.
    That's what a transfer station is in my town.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

leaningright (06-02-2023)

7. #861 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Actually, I was serious about the transfer station, Rev.
    What exactly is that?
    I assume that it's not a station where you can transfer from one train line to another.
    That's what a transfer station is in my town.
    Oops…sorry about that. In rural areas in most counties in Oklahoma we have no trash pickup service. To help people sort and handle their trash better most counties passed a county tax to provide dumpsters in rural communities for household trash and a transfer station for larger, sorted stuff…household stuff, recyclables, hazardous stuff and metals. Then they transfer it all to the proper places. I’m happy to pay the tax and happy to have a place to take my larger stuff. I have an old air conditioner that I’ll take, some old cans of paint and lots of scrap metal. Wouldn’t have any place to take it if it weren’t for the transfer station.

When I was a kid we had two trash cans in our house…burning and non burning. I was in charge of burning the trash in the burn barrel out back of the house. Dad took the non burning trash to my uncle’s place where he had a pit that he eventually covered. Probably wasn’t the best thing for the environment. This is a much better system.

My tribe also provides re-cycling bins just up the road from the transfer station. I have to take the stuff to the appropriate places but it’s good to have a place to take it.

8. #862 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oops…sorry about that. In rural areas in most counties in Oklahoma we have no trash pickup service. To help people sort and handle their trash better most counties passed a county tax to provide dumpsters in rural communities for household trash and a transfer station for larger, sorted stuff…household stuff, recyclables, hazardous stuff and metals. Then they transfer it all to the proper places. I’m happy to pay the tax and happy to have a place to take my larger stuff. I have an old air conditioner that I’ll take, some old cans of paint and lots of scrap metal. Wouldn’t have any place to take it if it weren’t for the transfer station.

When I was a kid we had two trash cans in our house…burning and non burning. I was in charge of burning the trash in the burn barrel out back of the house. Dad took the non burning trash to my uncle’s place where he had a pit that he eventually covered. Probably wasn’t the best thing for the environment. This is a much better system.

My tribe also provides re-cycling bins just up the road from the transfer station. I have to take the stuff to the appropriate places but it’s good to have a place to take it.
    I see.

I have never in my life lived in a place without trash pickup, which probably explains why I've never owned a pickup truck.
    If one is used to carting one's own trash to the dump, I suppose that it's just a part of life.
    I, of course, can't even imagine it.

Similarly, I'm sure that there are aspects of my life that wouldn't sit well with you, Rev.
    Nevertheless, I suspect that you could adapt to the city lifestyle easier than I could adapt to the rural one.
    Going from hard to easy is always easier than going from easy to hard.

9. #863 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,413 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

That they accuse you of what they are doing themselves, every...single...time

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

leaningright (06-03-2023), NiftyNiblick (06-03-2023)

11. #864 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Loved the clip, TOP.

"canis lupus familiaris"

I revere that species.

12. #865 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Awesome music video, TOP!

13. #866 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No truer truth was ever said in a picture…

14. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-27-2023)

15. #867 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Vacation starts tomorrow. Will rise at 3:30 am and catch a plane at 6 am. Flying into Sioux Falls, SD via Dallas layover. Have a rental car waiting for a 12 day drive and see tour of SD, ND, WI and MN. Never been to any of these states so I’m looking forward to it.

Also, since we will be spending so much time on the road this is the first time I will be transporting my CC weapon via air travel. After reading and re-reading the material of what type of container to use and what to do upon arrival at the airport, I am hoping to have dotted all of my I’s and crossed all of my t’s. If y’all read of a preacher being jailed for taking a gun into an airport, I may have to set up a Venmo account to collect donations for my bail.

We have some DDD places picked out to eat at. We let the son do the picking so we’ll be eating a variety of foods. Always enjoy trying the food when we travel and see new places.

I have hoed the garden and am in the process of mowing the yard. I have a young man (11 year old son of a friend) lined up to take care of our critters while we’re gone. That’s always an issue when we go away for several days. Someone has to feed my dogs and the wife’s cats. Happy this kid has gotten old enough.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-27-2023)

17. #868 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,058 Times in 2,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 71 Times in 70 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Now that virtually all the Republican controlled state legislatures, with the complete blessing of our pig shit constitution,
    are dismantling the democratic republic of the United States of America by taking over complete control of who votes
    and whose ballots get counted,

storming the capitol should no longer be necessary.

They have discovered how unnecessary it was to start the previous civil war by firing on Fort Sumter.
    They could have just stayed home and done it in a perfectly constitutionally compliant way.

Rural Christian conservatives are able to destroy the republic as a minority
    because the genius founders provided them the right to do it.

What's worse, the confederates are not merely seeking separation anymore.
    Now, they want to take over the whole thing.
    That, however, they can only do with our help.
    Blue States have legislatures as well. Also, a fuck of a lot more money.

Civilized progressive liberals have got to wake up.
    We no longer have the luxury of believing in the idyllic America that we were told about by clueless grade school teachers.
    It was a nice thought, but it was total bullshit. We should be easily able to see that now.

There are people in the middle of this country who hate us,
    who hate our modern and humane ideas,
    who worship a magic man in the sky,
    and who believe that the magic man wants them in charge.
    They have lots of guns.
    They have no brains whatsoever.

The centrists and fence-sitters among us are not neutral;
    they're clearly on the side of the shitkicker crackers.
    They're all Joe Manchin without the expensive haircuts that they wouldn't be able to get back in their home states such as West Virginia.

So now, non-devolved, still with functioning brains humans, what do you plan to do about it?
    You're not all pushing seventy-five.
    Most of you will have to be here for a long, long time.
    Do you wish to live like a human being,
    or like a devolved mutant trumpanzee?

I have been the only contributor on this forum to remind you of what should have been obvious.

We have radical problems,
    and there are NO moderate solutions to radical problems.

You can continue to be panty-waists fellating your precious constitution,
    or you can decide that you'll do WHATEVER IT TAKES
    to not live like some drooling cracker like the ones you've met here at JPP.
    Pick up your Rifle, traitor.

18. #869 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Vacation starts tomorrow. Will rise at 3:30 am and catch a plane at 6 am. Flying into Sioux Falls, SD via Dallas layover. Have a rental car waiting for a 12 day drive and see tour of SD, ND, WI and MN. Never been to any of these states so I’m looking forward to it.

Also, since we will be spending so much time on the road this is the first time I will be transporting my CC weapon via air travel. After reading and re-reading the material of what type of container to use and what to do upon arrival at the airport, I am hoping to have dotted all of my I’s and crossed all of my t’s. If y’all read of a preacher being jailed for taking a gun into an airport, I may have to set up a Venmo account to collect donations for my bail.

We have some DDD places picked out to eat at. We let the son do the picking so we’ll be eating a variety of foods. Always enjoy trying the food when we travel and see new places.

I have hoed the garden and am in the process of mowing the yard. I have a young man (11 year old son of a friend) lined up to take care of our critters while we’re gone. That’s always an issue when we go away for several days. Someone has to feed my dogs and the wife’s cats. Happy this kid has gotten old enough.
    Your upcoming "vacation," Rev,
    sounds like harder work
    than anything I've ever had to take vacation from!!! This is not hyperbole.

You have on your itinerary not one destination that I have ever once considered as a holiday destination,
    and what's more,
    were I ever asked to take on such a trip,
    it is I who would expect substantial remuneration for doing so.

Nevertheless, I've taken on recreational jaunts in which you'd be extremely unlikely to show interest as well.
    I had fun, and the important thing is that you have fun as well.

On the one hand, I can't for the life of me imagine how you could,
    but that's not for me to imagine.

On the other hand, you've generously shared insight into your interests with me,
    and so without being able to actually imagine it,
    I have every confidence that you know how to enjoy yourself.

I hope that you do, even beyond your expectations.
    Have a fun trip and then get home safely. But really...the Dakotas?

Best,
    Nifty.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

leaningright (06-09-2023)

20. #870 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

First three days of the trip … we’ve logged just over 500 miles with sight seeing added in to highway miles. I’ve seen some things I’ve only read about in history books, as I do every trip I make. The people here are very friendly. Went to church in Pierre, SD Sunday morning then headed to the Badlands. Then on to the Wounded Knee memorial. Made the late drive to Custer State Park after that and spent two nights, seeing the normal sights like Crazy Horse, Mount Rushmore and Needles Highway. That would have only been better if I had ridden my motorcycle up here. The plan is to be heading into North Dakota in the morning.

They’ve been working on Crazy Horse for 75 years. It won’t get completed in my grandchildren’s lifetime…but it is impressive. By comparison, Rushmore was completed in 14 years. Having great fun so far.

Edit: My son says I should talk about the food for future reference. We’ve hit a few greasy spoon diners that have been on DDD but today we went to a German restaurant…Schnitzel, Spaetzle, and if it ended in “wurst” we probably tried it. Bread pudding and apple streusel for dessert. Good stuff. This evening, a late supper (8:00) at an Indian/Nepalese restaurant. Chicken curry, lamb korma and momo dumplings … really fine.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-27-2023)