Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican State Legislatures Assume Leadership of Insurrection.

1. #691 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,061 Times in 7,495 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

We've got something called "Cutter Crawford" on the mound tonight.
    Looking good for the Redbirds, but we'll see.

I have every confidence that your son will do well. And do good as well.

Bringing them up is tough all right, but why wouldn't it be?
    What's more important?
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 06-18-2022 at 05:24 PM.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

2. #692 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Wow...that was brutal. Was keeping up with the game until lightening got our electricity. Having to post using this phone. Ugh...

Anyway, sets up a rubber match tomorrow. Then we got to go to Milwaukee. No rest for the wicked...or weary...or however that old saying goes.

And nothing is more important.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

3. #693 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cards look like a pretty good ball club.

We have midget corner outfielders. (Cordero, who was planted in left last night but is usually a first baseman platooning with Dalbec, is big--he just can't play...even a little.)

Our infield is fine, our catcher (who didn't play last night) isn't bad, but we don't have the big, strong corner outfielders that we always used to have.
    Bradley can chase them down and should play center--has a good arm, too--but the corners, from where power should come, are truly hopeless.
    Not what you're looking for in a big market AL East team.

The Yankees have what you're looking for in left and right.
    And they've run away and hidden from the rest of the division.
    The vaunted Yankee-Red Sox Rivalry is like the hammer and the nail this year.

4. #694 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Put it to us in that rubber match. We’re a pitcher…or two short of being a real contender this year. I’m enjoying watching them though.

My Sooners made it to the Semifinals. Would love to see it come down to us and Arkansas. We beat those bloody Fighting Irish though. I enjoy watching the college baseball World Series every year no matter who is in it. The games are so unpredictable and the emotion is so raw and high. It may not be the best baseball out there but it is fun for me to watch.

The wife, son and I are on a short trip to Branson, MO right now. Drove the 3 1/2 hours up here and plan to stay until Thursday afternoon. Went to an illusionist show today … some guy called Reza. He was very good.

https://rezalive.com/

We plan to see a couple more shows this week then off to the local theme park, Silver Dollar City. Roller coaster time… . Hopefully we get our fun in and make it back home before it get scorching hot later this week.

All my COVID infected people seem to be OK and are happy to be out of quarantine. Happy for that.

5. #695 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Had a great day at my daughter's house Sunday and a nice, quiet one yesterday. The avatar enjoyed her yard but was a nuisance to the cats in the house.

Now summer is officially here, but because I've come to hate flying so much, I have no holidays plans.
    Actually, I mean vacation plans. I've somehow gotten used to saying "holiday." Phan must be right about my being a "prig."

Since I'm retired, I don't need a rest, and since I'm old, I can't handle a "party" vacation anymore. At least not a long one.
    But the latter trips were always my favorite.
    We didn't do a lot of "family-style" vacations because my parents had a summer beach house where the kids were always welcome, letting us head to Vegas or wherever.
    We did a few family vacations, though. The kids liked to go to spring training where they could get closer to the players back in those days. They preferred that to Disney World. Talk about my being lucky.

6. #696 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Bosox are hot. Like 28-12 over the last 40 games. But the stinking Yankees are crazy. Told my wife we might as well give them The Commissioner’s Trophy now and call it a year, it seems. Upsets happen though, that’s why they play the games. And I like rooting for the underdog unless that dog is my Cards or the Astros.

We’ve had a great time here in Branson. Went to Sight and Sound Theater’s “Jesus” show. Awesome production. Spent yesterday riding every roller coaster we could find then went to mid-week Bible study here in Branson. Ran into a friend’s daughter there who was on a short trip here from Texas. Great fun. Today before heading back home we plan to watch a 50’s music production.

OU is in the College World Series final waiting to play either Arkansas or Old Miss. it’s been a good week. But I’m ready to be home. Nowadays when I’m away from home for more than three days I get to missing it.

7. #697 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Fuck baseball.

Today we became mortal enemies, Rev.

8. #698 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry you feel that way, Mr. Niblick.

9. #699 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Baseball hasn’t been good for me this week. The Cards into their June swoon, OU swept by Old Miss in the finals of the CWS. At least the Astros took two of four from the Evil Empire, and by rights should have swept them. Hopefully this will give the Astros confidence if they have a series in the playoffs.

Bugs are attacking my garden since the weather turned hot and God turned off the rain for a while. Had to use the sprinkler last night and some Sevin spray today to try to give the plants a drink and whip out the bugs. It’s a pretty bad infestation so I’ll likely treat the plants every three days for a couple of weeks.

10. #700 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The current SCOTUS is going to guarantee that all intelligent and moral people in America are going to HATE Christians.
    The only doubt is whether America has enough intelligent and moral people. It doesn't seem so, the way things are going.
    I wish that I had the youth, means, and access to expatriate.

Our Christian Taliban is essentially no better than the Islamist one in Afghanistan.
    As they acquire the power, they'll move right up to the latter's atrocity levels. That's because their morality level is the same.

We all remember the Spanish Inquisition and then the Salem witch trials right here in America. In my home state, in fact.
    They've started to come back already, thanks to the despicable SCOTUS.

I have excluded practicing Christians from my personal life due to their moral deficiencies.
    Other intelligent and moral people will follow suit, but America has no shortage of troglodytes.

11. #701 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Independence Day. One of my favorite holidays. When I was in the 3rd grade my dad would let me spend $5 on fireworks. That continued until I was in the 6th grade and started mowing lawns for people … then I spent more. Then when I started hauling hay by my 8th grade year I spent more. It makes sense … when a person makes more he spends more on the things he likes. I still like fireworks and I buy them every year. My boy torches them off now but I still love the display.

The Fourth of July has meant fishing to me for years. A good friend and I had a tradition of riding the creek on our ATVs and cooking a shore lunch with our catch. We did that for a few years and as his siblings found out about it the came along until we had a group of 15 or more. We did away with the shore lunch and just met at someone’s house for a fish fry for the evening meal. We got older, kids came along and that tradition finally died out.

We’ll have a gathering tonight with and family and friends from church … fish will be on the menu but that won’t be all. Several families will supply the fireworks. It will be hot but I’m looking forward to another good Independence Day celebration. I love this country…even with my Native American blood.

12. #702 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 11,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The current SCOTUS is going to guarantee that all intelligent and moral people in America are going to HATE Christians.
    The only doubt is whether America has enough intelligent and moral people. It doesn't seem so, the way things are going.
    I wish that I had the youth, means, and access to expatriate.

Our Christian Taliban is essentially no better than the Islamist one in Afghanistan.
    As they acquire the power, they'll move right up to the latter's atrocity levels. That's because their morality level is the same.

We all remember the Spanish Inquisition and then the Salem witch trials right here in America. In my home state, in fact.
    They've started to come back already, thanks to the despicable SCOTUS.

I have excluded practicing Christians from my personal life due to their moral deficiencies.
    Other intelligent and moral people will follow suit, but America has no shortage of troglodytes.
    It isn't intelligent or moral to hate Christians.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

13. #703 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Now that virtually all the Republican controlled state legislatures, with the complete blessing of our pig shit constitution,
    I already know you support The Oligarchy and discard the Constitution of the United States and all State constitutions.
    are dismantling the democratic republic
    No such thing.
    of the United States of America
    No such thing. Not since the coup by DEMOCRATS.
    by taking over complete control of who votes
    and whose ballots get counted,
    DEMOCRATS (at least they tried!).
    storming the capitol should no longer be necessary.
    Yet you still do it.
    They have discovered how unnecessary it was to start the previous civil war by firing on Fort Sumter.
    DEMOCRATS fired on Fort Sumter.
    They could have just stayed home and done it in a perfectly constitutionally compliant way.
    Why? The Union invaded a foreign nation.
    Rural Christian conservatives are able to destroy the republic as a minority
    No. DEMOCRATS conducted the coup.
    because the genius founders provided them the right to do it.
    No rights come from dead people.
    What's worse, the confederates are not merely seeking separation anymore.
    Now, they want to take over the whole thing.
    What confederates????????!?
    That, however, they can only do with our help.
    Blue States have legislatures as well. Also, a fuck of a lot more money.
    Is that why the SDTC is broke? Unable to produce sufficient electricity, unable to obtain enough water, and unable to maintain their roads?
    Civilized progressive liberals have got to wake up.
    We no longer have the luxury of believing in the idyllic America that we were told about by clueless grade school teachers.
    It was a nice thought, but it was total bullshit. We should be easily able to see that now.

There are people in the middle of this country who hate us,
    who hate our modern and humane ideas,
    who worship a magic man in the sky,
    and who believe that the magic man wants them in charge.
    They have lots of guns.
    They have no brains whatsoever.

The centrists and fence-sitters among us are not neutral;
    they're clearly on the side of the shitkicker crackers.
    They're all Joe Manchin without the expensive haircuts that they wouldn't be able to get back in their home states such as West Virginia.

So now, non-devolved, still with functioning brains humans, what do you plan to do about it?
    You're not all pushing seventy-five.
    Most of you will have to be here for a long, long time.
    Do you wish to live like a human being,
    or like a devolved mutant trumpanzee?

I have been the only contributor on this forum to remind you of what should have been obvious.

We have radical problems,
    and there are NO moderate solutions to radical problems.

You can continue to be panty-waists fellating your precious constitution,
    or you can decide that you'll do WHATEVER IT TAKES
    to not live like some drooling cracker like the ones you've met here at JPP.
    You want to start a fucking civil war. I already knew that. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

14. #704 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You haven't missed anything but the usual impotent saber rattling from the wannabe Rambo psychos.

We're down in "civilization" visiting my youngest. We were talking about this last night, the attempted fascist takeover by the red states. She said we shouldn't despair. Her generation and the one after (which would be my older g-kids') are progressive, welcoming of diversity, politically informed AND active, and interested in moving the country forward. Issues dear to them are the economy, the environment including climate change, human rights, peace, universal health care. My oldest g-kids are 23, 21, and 20 and they echo this.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nifty is the Rambo psycho. Nifty is the one calling for war!

15. #705 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Independence Day. One of my favorite holidays. When I was in the 3rd grade my dad would let me spend $5 on fireworks. That continued until I was in the 6th grade and started mowing lawns for people … then I spent more. Then when I started hauling hay by my 8th grade year I spent more. It makes sense … when a person makes more he spends more on the things he likes. I still like fireworks and I buy them every year. My boy torches them off now but I still love the display.

The Fourth of July has meant fishing to me for years. A good friend and I had a tradition of riding the creek on our ATVs and cooking a shore lunch with our catch. We did that for a few years and as his siblings found out about it the came along until we had a group of 15 or more. We did away with the shore lunch and just met at someone’s house for a fish fry for the evening meal. We got older, kids came along and that tradition finally died out.

We’ll have a gathering tonight with and family and friends from church … fish will be on the menu but that won’t be all. Several families will supply the fireworks. It will be hot but I’m looking forward to another good Independence Day celebration. I love this country…even with my Native American blood.

It's nice to see the "true believers" happy, even if it's a sign of advanced psychosis.
    Sane people can see that we're a fucking dumpster fire, unfortunately.

Although "born agains" treat cattle better than they treat women, so recent developments must really make them happy.