Thread: Critical Race Theory

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Critical Race Theory

A mounting effort by some Republican lawmakers to ban the teaching of critical race theory in U.S. schools has prompted debate about what it is and its place in American education. Reagansghost and The Onion answer the most common questions about critical race theory and the debate surrounding its teaching.

Q: What is critical race theory?
    A: An academic concept that racism is a social construct embedded into legal systems, government policies, and in-laws.

Q: Should critical race theory be taught in our schools?
    A: Not unless we’re aiming for fewer white supremacists.

Q: Won’t teaching it just make other kids hate my white children?
    A: Your kids are already insufferable and widely despised.

Q: Why do some people condemn critical race theory?
    A: Misplaced sexual frustrations.

Q: Does critical race theory instill the belief that all white people are racist?
    A: Academics are way too timid to pull off something like that.

Q: Why are conservatives attacking it so aggressively?
    A: They have come to view Joe Biden as too nonthreatening of a target.

Q: Is it true that critical race theory opposes empiricism and embraces science as a causal mechanism?
    A: You’re thinking of critical realism theory, moron.

https://www.theonion.com/the-onion-s...ory-1847056450

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well the thing about critical race theory is that it is so widely misunderstood.

" Critical race theory (CRT) is an academic movement of civil-rights scholars and activists in the United States who seek to critically examine the law as it intersects with issues of race and to challenge mainstream liberal approaches to racial justice.[1] Critical race theory examines social, cultural and legal issues as they relate to race and racism.[2][3]

Critical race theory originated in the mid-1970s in the writings of several American legal scholars, including Derrick Bell, Alan Freeman, Kimberlé Crenshaw, Richard Delgado, Cheryl Harris, Charles R. Lawrence III, Mari Matsuda, and Patricia J. Williams.[1] It emerged as a movement by the 1980s, reworking theories of critical legal studies (CLS) with more focus on race.[4] Both critical race theory and critical legal studies are rooted in critical theory, which argues that social problems are influenced and created more by societal structures and cultural assumptions than by individual and psychological factors.[5]

Critical race theory is loosely unified by two common themes: first, that white supremacy, with its societal or structural racism, exists and maintains power through the law;[6] and second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, and also achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, is possible.[7] " wiki

Basically, the theory is that racism is maintained through misguided corrupt government, and that conversely, good government action can be the most effective way to fight racism.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 06-12-2021 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added link
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Well the thing about critical race theory is that it is so widely misunderstood.

" Critical race theory (CRT) is an academic movement of civil-rights scholars and activists in the United States who seek to critically examine the law as it intersects with issues of race and to challenge mainstream liberal approaches to racial justice.[1] Critical race theory examines social, cultural and legal issues as they relate to race and racism.[2][3]

Critical race theory originated in the mid-1970s in the writings of several American legal scholars, including Derrick Bell, Alan Freeman, Kimberlé Crenshaw, Richard Delgado, Cheryl Harris, Charles R. Lawrence III, Mari Matsuda, and Patricia J. Williams.[1] It emerged as a movement by the 1980s, reworking theories of critical legal studies (CLS) with more focus on race.[4] Both critical race theory and critical legal studies are rooted in critical theory, which argues that social problems are influenced and created more by societal structures and cultural assumptions than by individual and psychological factors.[5]

Critical race theory is loosely unified by two common themes: first, that white supremacy, with its societal or structural racism, exists and maintains power through the law;[6] and second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, and also achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, is possible.[7] "

Basically, the theory is that racism is maintained through misguided corrupt government, and that conversely, good government action can be the most effective way to fight racism.
    this right wing CRT jihad was started, big surprise by the right wing's Fox Propaganda News....because they can't bash a highly successful Democratic President, a fella named Joe Biden

I've noticed they're getting more and more desperate, MUST find a way to change the national discourse until they can steal all elections going forward

they hate Democracy with a passion and always have

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-12-2021)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    A mounting effort by some Republican lawmakers to ban the teaching of critical race theory in U.S. schools has prompted debate about what it is and its place in American education. Reagansghost and The Onion answer the most common questions about critical race theory and the debate surrounding its teaching.
    Actually, your simplistic answers are all wrong on so many levels.

A: An academic concept that racism is a social construct embedded into legal systems, government policies, and in-laws

It is an academic exercise in using race to create class struggle in the classic Marxist fashion. CRT derives from Critical Legal Theory that is derived from Critical Theory, and that comes from Critical Pedagogy, invented originally by the violent, radical, Communist Leftist Brazilian, Paulo Freire. It's intent is to create class divisions along racial lines to in turn create strife and class warfare with the intent of decomposing society.

A: Not unless we’re aiming for fewer white supremacists

No. Why? Because it doesn't improve the knowledge or ability of students learning it to make society and their lives better. Instead, it creates hatred, envy, bigotry, and violence. It is absolutely absurd to turn students of various races against each other.

This shows that reagansghost is already an adherent of CRT as well as thoroughly bigoted and racist because of it. But your question is correct. CRT will teach White kids to hate other races and other races to hate White kids, as well as other divisions by race. That's the whole purpose of CRT: Create racial division and hatred.

Because it is an evil. That's clear once you understand what CRT actually is rather than blindly accept the rhetoric of CRT advocates.

Q: Does critical race theory instill the belief that all white people are racist?
    Yes, CRT does do that. It does it because it claims that individual racism is always part of societal and class structures. It holds that individual racists are proof that the whole of any class, race, or society are the same. It smears everybody by cherry picking examples. This is why it denies the idea of racial color blindness. That's why it claims all Whites are racist because it takes a tiny sample of cases by individuals and holds that the entire racial class is thereby guilty.
    Remember, CRT is about class warfare not about individuals. The later in CRT are irrelevant.

WTF? People are attacking CRT because it's an evil quack theory that creates strife and division in society with the classic goal of Marxist didactic of class warfare for the purpose of toppling society as it exists so a Communist society can be established in its place.

Q: Is it true that critical race theory opposes empiricism and embraces science as a causal mechanism?
    There is nothing scientific or empirical about CRT. It is made up out of thin air just like the rest of Marxism.

It's clear that the Onion for once doesn't understand or know what they're lampooning. They failed on humor here, although I bet you, reagansghost, thought it was funny because you buy into CRT without knowing the first thing about it.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

anonymoose (06-12-2021), Callinectes (06-12-2021), cancel2 2022 (06-12-2021), Sailor (06-12-2021), TOP (06-12-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you put in a lot of effort here TA, nice work

however given I don't follow right wingers down their endless rabbit holes, Ill let it go

but thanks for outlining your mental illness is such detail.....to be honest I couldn't get past your first screed

you watch a lot of Fox and Alex Jones?

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

this right wing CRT jihad was started, big surprise by the right wing's Fox Propaganda News....because they can't bash a highly successful Democratic President, a fella named Joe Biden

I've noticed they're getting more and more desperate, MUST find a way to change the national discourse until they can steal all elections going forward

They only like democracy if it results in their candidate winning. Then it's a wonderful thing. But they've been losing the popular vote for far too long to pretend. And now that they've lost both the popular vote and the election, they can't accept the obvious, so they have to swallow The Big Lie that they think they really won but they just can't prove it. This despite so many Republican election officials saying it is true, they lost.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

reagansghost (06-12-2021)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It is an academic exercise in using race to create class struggle in the classic Marxist fashion. CRT derives from Critical Legal Theory that is derived from Critical Theory, and that comes from Critical Pedagogy, invented originally by the violent, radical, Communist Leftist Brazilian, Paulo Freire. It's intent is to create class divisions along racial lines to in turn create strife and class warfare with the intent of decomposing society.
    Very interesting theory, but when the wikipedia page on Paulo Freire is opened, it says nothing about violence, radicalism or communism. Instead, it talks about a guy whose family was impacted by the Great Depression and became poor during childhood, which resulted in him having first hand experience in how difficult it is to learn when you are hungry. He overcame this rough start to go on to law school and eventually become an educator who developed analytic methods of pedagogy, which is the philosophy of education methods. The man was very successful and widely recognized in his chosen field, and won many awards.

The wikipedia page on Critical Race Theory says nothing about attributing it to Paulo Freire.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Critical race theory is loosely unified by two common themes: first, that white supremacy, with its societal or structural racism, exists and maintains power through the law;[6] and second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, and also achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, is possible.[7] " wiki

By that standard we've never had good government in this country. What's going to change that?

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    By that standard we've never had good government in this country. What's going to change that?
    Allowing our government to take effective measures to decrease racism and elevate equal opportunity for all. Not fighting that.

That will help change our government. Not fighting for racist policy. Allow government to fight racism.

Because government is the only institution powerful enough to make a real difference.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Allowing our government to take effective measures to decrease racism and elevate equal opportunity for all. Not fighting that.

That will help change our government. Not fighting for racist policy. Allow government to fight racism.

Because government is the only institution powerful enough to make a real difference.
    If you believe the argument that America has been dominated by white supremacy since its founding then that is all the governments fault. What is the gov't going to different now that it hasn't done up to this point?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Callinectes (06-12-2021)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

:
    Hello cawacko,

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Callinectes (06-12-2021), cancel2 2022 (06-12-2021)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

A: An academic concept that racism is a social construct embedded into legal systems, government policies, and in-laws.

A: Not unless we’re aiming for fewer white supremacists.

https://www.theonion.com/the-onion-s...ory-1847056450
    FROM "THE ONION"....THEY ARE MOCKING CRT, YOU IMBECILE.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Callinectes (06-12-2021)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

IT TEACHES CHILDREN THEY ARE INHERENTLY BAD (RACIST) BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR.

IOW= TOTAL ,FUCKING ,RACIST ,WORLD MARXIST NONSENSE.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I heard about this subject from right wing indignation

21. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-13-2021)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Like the forum conservatives. They rarely discuss politics. All personal and culture war trivial.