Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Should easily hit over 300 mass shootings in America by August 1st

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Did you know that most homicides occur in BLUE state shit holes committed by young male blacks?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ty-and-gender/
    Wrong again, gun loving States top the list

Gun Violence by State
    Based on the number of gun deaths per capita, states with the most gun violence are:

Alaska
    Mississippi
    Wyoming
    New Mexico
    Alabama
    Louisiana
    Missouri
    South Carolina
    Arkansas
    Montana

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...lence-by-state
    TD uses the specific qualifier ""homicides" and you come back saying he's wrong, linking your "proof" to a stat on gun deaths from all causes which of course includes suicide.

That is a common tactic of disingenuous anti-gunners. Including suicide shifts the deaths to suburban / rural areas (and states) and dilutes the criminal murder numbers and rates.

As for the race of murder victims, (and by statistical evidence, murderers), young Black males are vastly over-represented in the statistics.

Here's the murder stats from the CDC for 2017):

White Males 15-29
    18,876,039 population / 5.8% of US population
    949 homicides / 4.86% of total homicides
    5.03/100K rate

Black Males 15-29
    5,543,872 population / 1.7% of US population
    4,578 homicides / 22.3% of total homicides
    82.58/100K rate
    16.41 times the corresponding White rate

Here are some statements drawn from the above stats to ponder and if you have the guts, discuss:

If the entire nation (population 325,147,121) was murdered at the same rate as Black males aged 15-29, (82.58/100K), there would have been 268,506 murders in 2017, nearly 14 times the actual total.

If Black males aged 15-29 were murdered at the same rate as White males aged 15-29, there would have only been 279 instead of 4,578 young Black men being murdered in 2017, a 94% reduction.

GUN CONTROL LAWS ARE OSHA REGULATIONS FOR VIOLENT CRIMINALS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abatis For This Post:

Grumpy (06-12-2021)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

And even without “per capita,” the gun free States shine:

2021 US mass shooting statistics by state
    State Number of Shootings
    Alabama 10
    Alaska 0
    Arizona 4
    Arkansas 3
    California 18
    Colorado 5
    Connecticut 1
    Delaware 3
    Florida 18
    Georgia 13
    Hawaii 0
    Idaho 0
    Illinois 21
    Indiana 9
    Iowa 1
    Kansas 1
    Kentucky 1
    Louisiana 16
    Maine 0
    Maryland 6
    Massachusetts 1
    Michigan 11
    Minnesota 3
    Mississippi 5
    Missouri 7
    Montana 0
    Nebraska 0
    Nevada 1
    New Hampshire 0
    New Jersey 4
    New Mexico 1
    New York 9
    North Carolina 9
    North Dakota 0
    Ohio 12
    Oklahoma 1
    Oregon 5
    Pennsylvania 13
    Rhode Island 1
    South Carolina 4
    South Dakota 0
    Tennessee 5
    Texas 20
    Utah 1
    Vermont 0
    Virginia 6
    Washington 2
    West Virginia 0
    Wisconsin 3
    Wyoming 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...States_in_2021
    Show me the cities, even better, show me the zip codes . . . Even the reddest state has a Blue urban hellhole in it, run by social justice warrior leftists who put public safety low on the priority list and allow criminals to offend with impunity. Something like 70% of murder occurs in 5% of counties and even in those counties, murder is very concentrated in certain zip codes . . .

As I said before , GVA's "4+ shot" criteria captures a shit-ton of "mass shootings" that happen where most gun crime happens. No gun law will address those crimes in jurisdictions where hug-a-thug leftist prosecutors recoil from prosecuting gun criminals until they kill someone. These illegal gun carriers do not fear getting caught with a gun because there is little chance of significant punishment.

Here's how things are going in my former hometown, Philadelphia with their Soros backed, former BLM lawyer now District Attorney, Larry "Let 'em Loose" Krasner:

Last edited by Abatis; 06-12-2021 at 02:28 AM.
    GUN CONTROL LAWS ARE OSHA REGULATIONS FOR VIOLENT CRIMINALS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abatis For This Post:

Grumpy (06-12-2021)

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    Not being judgemental at all. I fully understand the discharge process. As to the cowards you support, let us start with trump, and work our way down the chain of liars, and cowards.
    you should stop jumping to so many wrong assumptions. I was never a trump supporter, just like i'm not a biden supporter. and yes, you are being judgemental about discharges. are you sure you understand the discharge process?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abatis View Post
    TD uses the specific qualifier ""homicides" and you come back saying he's wrong, linking your "proof" to a stat on gun deaths from all causes which of course includes suicide.

That is a common tactic of disingenuous anti-gunners. Including suicide shifts the deaths to suburban / rural areas (and states) and dilutes the criminal murder numbers and rates.

As for the race of murder victims, (and by statistical evidence, murderers), young Black males are vastly over-represented in the statistics.

Here's the murder stats from the CDC for 2017):

White Males 15-29
    18,876,039 population / 5.8% of US population
    949 homicides / 4.86% of total homicides
    5.03/100K rate

Black Males 15-29
    5,543,872 population / 1.7% of US population
    4,578 homicides / 22.3% of total homicides
    82.58/100K rate
    16.41 times the corresponding White rate

Here are some statements drawn from the above stats to ponder and if you have the guts, discuss:

If the entire nation (population 325,147,121) was murdered at the same rate as Black males aged 15-29, (82.58/100K), there would have been 268,506 murders in 2017, nearly 14 times the actual total.

If Black males aged 15-29 were murdered at the same rate as White males aged 15-29, there would have only been 279 instead of 4,578 young Black men being murdered in 2017, a 94% reduction.
    Interesting data. Have you considered looking at economic classes instead of race?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3455929/
    Areas with higher absolute poverty and higher income inequality have been associated with higher risk of homicide victimization.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...fect-homicide/
    Income inequality can cause all kinds of problems across the economic spectrum—but perhaps the most frightening is homicide. Inequality—the gap between a society's richest and poorest—predicts murder rates better than any other variable, according to Martin Daly, a professor emeritus of psychology at McMaster University in Ontario, who has studied this connection for decades. It is more tightly tied to murder than straightforward poverty, for example, or drug abuse. And research conducted for the World Bank finds that both between and within countries, about half the variance in murder rates can be accounted for by looking at the most common measure of inequality, which is known as the Gini coefficient.

The murders most associated with inequality, it seems, are driven by a perceived lack of respect. Like most killings, these are mostly perpetrated by males—and in societies with low inequality, there tend to be very few murders. To an outsider, these deaths, which make up more than a third of the homicides with known motives reported to the FBI, seem senseless: a guy looks at someone else the wrong way, makes a disrespectful remark, or is believed to have winked at another man's wife or girlfriend. These incidents seem too trivial to be matters of life and death. “A prosperous guy like me, if someone [insults me] in a bar, I can roll my eyes and leave,” Daly says. “But if it's your local bar, you are unemployed or underemployed, and your only source of status and self-respect is your standing in the neighborhood, turning the other cheek looks weak, and everyone soon knows you are an easy mark.”...
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

A suicide using a gun is a gun death same as any other, dutchy

Not sure how that defends against stronger regulation of the acquisition of guns.

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    A suicide using a gun is a gun death same as any other, dutchy

Not sure how that defends against stronger regulation of the acquisition of guns.
    It's deceitful to conflate murder with suicide. It proves the anti-gun left are dishonorable liars who have to use deceit to push their agenda. This makes them no better than the assholes pushing hydroxychloroquine or blame Trump's election loss on voter fraud.

In short, only a fucking moron believes banning all handguns will stop suicide. That's the plan, isn't it? Ban all handguns? People don't usually use AR-15s to commit suicide and most mass murders are committed using....wait for it.....handguns.

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nah, too easy traveling to a gun State and picking up anything one needs
    so why aren't most of the shootings in gun states where you can pick up anything one needs?.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Few existing gun laws are strict, any entrepreneur with a car trunk can turn a buck traveling to a gun free State
    doesn't that guarantee that most of the people buying guns are criminals?......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fire extinguishers don’t kill people, and people don’t usually die from fires stopping by their local grocery store

And your whole argument is invalidated with Red States as Texas where everyone is packing and they lead the nation in mass shootings
    99.99% of guns don't kill people either................

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Few existing gun laws are strict, any entrepreneur with a car trunk can turn a buck traveling to a gun free State
    Or they can sell heroin for a higher profit, "any entrepreneur" can do it.

BTW, drugs and gun-running are both illegal, but outlaws, by definition, don't obey laws. This is an enforcement issue, not making it illegal to do something illegal.

13. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wrong again, gun loving States top the list

Gun Violence by State
    Based on the number of gun deaths per capita, states with the most gun violence are:

Alaska
    Mississippi
    Wyoming
    New Mexico
    Alabama
    Louisiana
    Missouri
    South Carolina
    Arkansas
    Montana

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...lence-by-state
    your list includes accidental death, suicide, domestic violence and persons killed by police while engaged in criminal activity........let's get back to talking about mass shootings....

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It's deceitful to conflate murder with suicide. It proves the anti-gun left are dishonorable liars who have to use deceit to push their agenda. This makes them no better than the assholes pushing hydroxychloroquine or blame Trump's election loss on voter fraud.

In short, only a fucking moron believes banning all handguns will stop suicide. That's the plan, isn't it? Ban all handguns? People don't usually use AR-15s to commit suicide and most mass murders are committed using....wait for it.....handguns.
    Any country that chucks around murder weapons like bloody confetti, surely, is committing suicide anyway? You started all this right-to-bear-arms bullshit so that you could murder any enslaved people who tried to break free. Isn't it time to stop even the police killing people just because they are 'black' and might still fight back against your racist bullying? Are you really so inherently criminal that you need to shoot one another? Most people manage by respecting the law.

15. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Interesting data. Have you considered looking at economic classes instead of race?
    Isn't this the same arguement the chineseamerican lady used before the san diego school board on the crt issue ??? Those dims ignored her ... now you are using the exact arguement ... shouldn't we ignore you ???

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    You started all this right-to-bear-arms bullshit so that you could murder any enslaved people who tried to break free.
    why are you treasonous fucks still trying to pass off this bullshit?????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

17. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And even without “per capita,” the gun free States shine:

2021 US mass shooting statistics by state
    State Number of Shootings
    Alabama 10
    Alaska 0
    Arizona 4
    Arkansas 3
    California 18
    Colorado 5
    Connecticut 1
    Delaware 3
    Florida 18
    Georgia 13
    Hawaii 0
    Idaho 0
    Illinois 21
    Indiana 9
    Iowa 1
    Kansas 1
    Kentucky 1
    Louisiana 16
    Maine 0
    Maryland 6
    Massachusetts 1
    Michigan 11
    Minnesota 3
    Mississippi 5
    Missouri 7
    Montana 0
    Nebraska 0
    Nevada 1
    New Hampshire 0
    New Jersey 4
    New Mexico 1
    New York 9
    North Carolina 9
    North Dakota 0
    Ohio 12
    Oklahoma 1
    Oregon 5
    Pennsylvania 13
    Rhode Island 1
    South Carolina 4
    South Dakota 0
    Tennessee 5
    Texas 20
    Utah 1
    Vermont 0
    Virginia 6
    Washington 2
    West Virginia 0
    Wisconsin 3
    Wyoming 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...States_in_2021
    almost 90% of that list are incidents that use one or more of the following in the description......"gang activity"......"nightclub, bar, party"......"early morning hours".........

the solution isn't reducing guns, the solution is reducing gangs......