Thread: Freedom Of Speech.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    How you must hate freedom of speech. But let me guess, you support George Floyd. A worthless humanzee who spent time in prison for his involvement in a home invasion where a pregnant woman was beaten. (I don't know if he did the beating) He also was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 dollar bill. He resisted arrest. He was high on meth and fentanyl. He spit other drugs out in the back of the cop car. And there was no way in hell that officer Chauvin having one of his knees on Floyd's neck could have prevented him from breathing. And after just one minute of being restrained, an ambulance was called for him. What else would you expect. For the cop to suck Floyd's dick? Oh oh. There I go again practicing freedom of speech. (And truth) I should be banned at any moment now.
    So far ... I see no one restricting your 'Free Speech'.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Yes, yes....but as I always say, the right to freedom of speech does NOT make one immune from the consequences of that speech. This is why we have such laws against slander and inciting to riot.

I only speak the absolute truth. A truth th
    Umm, okay.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    It's a "culture" we've witnessed coming to prominence before. As recently as the 60s in Cuba.

A culture that turned Cuba right into a shithole where people don't have everything they should.
    Like ... a roaring Stock Market? Or is it something else? Something you are unable to actually define, so you just blurt out 'Communism'.
    Last edited by Jack; 06-11-2021 at 06:59 PM. Reason: sp

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Freedom of speech means that you don't get arrested for speaking your mind and expressing your views.

It does NOT means that you're entitled to access somebody else's forum.

People who own a particular medium can allow or disallow whatever they choose to access their medium.
    Does this or any other forum exist within the confines of the U.S. Government? If for the government the number one thing that it guarantees is freedom of speech, that should be true for any entity that is under its governance. Including forums. I really hate the slimeballs who think that being "private" puts you above the law. Or at least its intent. That's how corporations get away with much of their crap. Speaking of which, ever see the documentary "The Corporation?" For the most part, corporations are psychotic and sociopathic entities. That's not good.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, yes....but as I always say, the right to freedom of speech does NOT make one immune from the consequences of that speech. This is why we have such laws against slander and inciting to riot.
    I only speak the absolute truth. A truth that I can prove to just about anybody's satisfaction. But some people are just stupid and think that the earth is flat. Or that human caused global warming isn't real. Then there are people around here like jack and matt dillon. Who apparently have an inability to think. Possibly even a hatred of doing so. There is no satisfying such people with something that they avoid. Facts. But getting back what I say, any "consequences" that come from speaking the truth are consequences well worth "suffering."
    Okay, but what I was alluding to was that if you go out and publicly villify a specific group of people to the point of them being a threat to general society, then you must be held accountable when said group is attacked by individuals who applauded your speech and quoted you when asked why they commited this act of violence.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    it's as free as you'll find most anywhere.

stop fucking whining.

Well it needs to be a LOT more free. As for your "stop fucking whining" thing, I guess I now know what you would have told American patriots before the Revolutionary War. Or French peasants before the French Revolution.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Well it needs to be a LOT more free. As for your "stop fucking whining" thing, I guess I now know what you would have told American patriots before the Revolutionary War. Or French peasants before the French Revolution.
    French Revolutionists were the 1st Communists. Take that! I know who that's gonna irk.

It's true though. They burned the books and everything...

One or two of my ancestors came to the US fleeing that. French aristocracy that didn't wanna die.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see you posted some things. Did it stand for anything? Or was the freedom of speech speaker eliminated.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I respect your right to continue whining.

the only rules here are no doxxing and no personal accusations about indecencies with children, basically.

what do you want to say?

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Okay, but what I was alluding to was that if you go out and publicly villify a specific group of people to the point of them being a threat to general society, then you must be held accountable when said group is attacked by individuals who applauded your speech and quoted you when asked why they commited this act of violence.
    I don't think you could legally be held accountable. It is like the defense those attacking the Capitol are using. "Donald Trump" told me to stop the count."
    You can't be charged with simply telling a crowd to take some action unless it stirs them to immediate action.

When Teddy Roosevelt was Police Commissioner a man who spoke out against Jews was coming to NYC. Crowds often showed up at his speeches and fights broke out between the opposing sides. You cannot deny anyone the right to speak because there "might" be a disturbance, so FDR had to assign police officers to protect the speaker and keep the peace. He sent all Jewish police officers for the assignment.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

You should be asking me that question. But be prepared to not like the solution.
    Thomas Sowell said that instead of solutions, as such, we should think of them as 'tradeoffs.'

But, what is your 'solution?'
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

Trump is mankind's last hope to preserve Liberty.

MAGA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-11-2021)

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,073 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Does this or any other forum exist within the confines of the U.S. Government? If for the government the number one thing that it guarantees is freedom of speech, that should be true for any entity that is under its governance. Including forums. I really hate the slimeballs who think that being "private" puts you above the law. Or at least its intent. That's how corporations get away with much of their crap. Speaking of which, ever see the documentary "The Corporation?" For the most part, corporations are psychotic and sociopathic entities. That's not good.

The above is, in my view, a genuinely absurd position.
    Say whatever you want...from your own forum. It's totally protected speech.
    You have no right of access to anybody else's forum that's not in the public domain and not paid for with your tax dollars.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    I respect your right to continue whining.

the only rules here are no doxxing and no personal accusations about indecencies with children, basically.

what do you want to say?
    He gets banned for GP everywhere.

Sometimes probably not warranted.
    Dude is a legend!

Tell us some truth, vlad.

Ms. Doris will ban him. He's more banned than me!

Here's some of his work from elsewhere:

"I have been called a troll (and worse) at many other forums. (Before I got banned) But do you know what the opposite of a troll is? A fairy. As in homosexual. It's too bad that co many people out there are only interested in homosexual discussion. But I refuse to stoop to that level.

There is a concept in this country called, "Freedom of Speech." I know that this forum isn't obliged to allow it. Even though those who run it probably believe in the concept of freedom of speech themselves. So to deny somebody the ability to exercise theirs is hypocritical. As well as showing a lack of decency, honor and dignity.

You may have heard of people who say, "I may not agree with what you say. But I will defend with my life your right to say it." I challenge the people who run this forum to live up to that morality. Even a little. Because I have things to say that they and probably you won't like. Because if what you have to say doesn't offend some people, then chances are that what you have to say has no real value.

It is my wish to debate people on any point that I make. Will this forum allow such debate? We shall see.
    Forums Home > Debate.org"

Viva da Smasha!

Gimme da negroids killed pics!
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 06-11-2021 at 11:13 PM.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

come on, vlad.

say the important things, fucko.

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans