Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Of Speech.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Yes, yes....but as I always say, the right to freedom of speech does NOT make one immune from the consequences of that speech. This is why we have such laws against slander and inciting to riot.
    I only speak the absolute truth. A truth that I can prove to just about anybody's satisfaction. But some people are just stupid and think that the earth is flat. Or that human caused global warming isn't real. Then there are people around here like jack and matt dillon. Who apparently have an inability to think. Possibly even a hatred of doing so. There is no satisfying such people with something that they avoid. Facts. But getting back what I say, any "consequences" that come from speaking the truth are consequences well worth "suffering."

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I only speak the absolute truth. A truth that I can prove to just about anybody's satisfaction. But some people are just stupid and think that the earth is flat. Or that human caused global warming isn't real. Then there are people around here like jack and matt dillon. Who apparently have an inability to think. Possibly even a hatred of doing so. There is no satisfying such people with something that they avoid. Facts. But getting back what I say, any "consequences" that come from speaking the truth are consequences well worth "suffering."
    See my sig.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"When we cant say obvious truths without being punished understand that we are sliding into toltaritarianism (paraphrase)"
    Jordan Peterson
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    Do you know what the arena of ideas is?

It's an imaginary place where every conversation that ever takes place in America is conducted and every idea is judged.

And these conversations go on 24/7/365, in private and public, and by every person who speaks or writes or conveys images and sounds to another.

And it is in that arena where good ideas and not so good ideas are said and heard and evaluated and is either passed on to be shared with others and so forth until the best ideas become popular enough to be chosen for implementation where it is appropriate, or the bad ideas are left to die of disinterest or lack of merit.

The 1st Amendment is what enables the arena of ideas to function.

We must be free to say what's on our minds so that we can always have well vetted ideas which have survived the process in the arena. And so our leaders and the nation is always in the process of improving and choosing the best courses through history.

The Left has short circuited the arena of ideas.

Bad ideas are making their way to becoming bad policies, because of the Left.

And good ideas, also thanks to Leftists, are being sniped at and wounded before they can negate the bad ideas.

And America is making bad choices because bad ideas are surviving the process which free speech is counted on to remove from consideration.

To me, that is the most important reason for free speech.

The reasons behind the necessity of free speech were stated clearly enough in the quotes I posted in my thread. That is the ones that showed up. But here's the thing. First in the Constitution is freedom of speech. Number one. The very foundation stone of our government. And for me that freedom of speech means speaking the absolute truth. Which at times may tend to get a little insulting to some. Though being mindful that I am at a forum, it isn't nearly as insulting as it could be. But here's the thing. I have never ever found a single forum where the freedom to speak the truth (let alone speech) was allowed. Not one. Nowhere. They just don't exist. That is despite the foundation stone of Freedom Of Speech. Any sane person could only conclude that the government has a hand in that. Making them hypocrites at best.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    We need to be very clear about one thing folks: There are a whole lot of people, maybe a majority, who either dont want freedom ( I need to be safe) or they are not willing to lift a finger to stay out of the shackles their betters have designed for them.

We are so fucked.
    That is true. That is why if necessary they need the truth shoved down their throats. But at forums, they have an advantage. All they need to do is report you and that is the last that will be seen of you.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The more you decry our situation, the less likely we are to turn things around.

What is your suggestion?
    You should be asking me that question. But be prepared to not like the solution.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is true. That is why if necessary they need the truth shoved down their throats. But at forums, they have an advantage. All they need to do is report you and that is the last that will be seen of you.
    No, so many people now do not have the ability to figure out the truth, nor do they have the will to speak it if they could and did.

They have to decide to be better people first, they must be encouraged to be better people, and "I am going to shove this down your throat" not only does not do that it has the opposite effect".

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Also remember this, and we know this because of science and because we know how humans have been over time....so many get to the point, or would get to the point if they were forced, that they would rather die than admit that their heads have been ordered wrong....that they had long been sure that things that were either lies or just not true they were sure were correct....that they were betrayed by there teachers as well as their peers.

We are so very fucked.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Speak the truth, and do your best to be the best person you can be.

Everything counts upon that.
    All you people seem to avoid me like the plague. In your case, I would point out how foolish your statement was. What is the truth? For most it is money. It is as Upton Sinclair said. "It is difficult to get somebody to understand something. Especially when their salary depends on them not understanding it." That is why we live in a plutocracy. And as for being the best person you can be, what does that mean. Is "best" a way of saying "good?" In that sense, what most people call "good" is in fact evil. They don't know any better because they are brainwashed beyond all recognition. Would you like to know what the solution to all problems are? Just think of what you aren't allowed to say. That is the solution. The only solution.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    What's truly pathetic is the convoluted "logic" used to explain QAnon and the willfully ignorant yahoos that follow it. One would have to be totally devoid of recent history and critical thinking skills to buy into Drummie's drivel. One of the reasons why I have him and his compadres on IA for periods of time....their BS just becomes too absurd to read after awhile.

I can't really say what QAnon is all about. But if they are allowed a voice anywhere, is must be really fucked up in some way.

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    'Communism' doesn't exist anymore. Global Capitalism is the economic system that the world has embraced. You can buy Chinese and Russian Companies on the Stock Market Exchanges.
    As the dust begins to settle on this, the remaining question is 'State Subsidies'. Tariffs, Quotas, and Subsidies all distort a 'Free Market'.

Your Boogeyman of 'Communism' is just a reaction to a changing 'Culture' in America. Try to actually enunciate what you think is a Problem.
    It's a "culture" we've witnessed coming to prominence before. As recently as the 60s in Cuba.

A culture that turned Cuba right into a shithole where people don't have everything they should.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Boy! Do you have that all kinds of wrong!

I surely don't agree with jack on everything, but I know he can think.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All you people seem to avoid me like the plague. In your case, I would point out how foolish your statement was. What is the truth? For most it is money. It is as Upton Sinclair said. "It is difficult to get somebody to understand something. Especially when their salary depends on them not understanding it." That is why we live in a plutocracy. And as for being the best person you can be, what does that mean. Is "best" a way of saying "good?" In that sense, what most people call "good" is in fact evil. They don't know any better because they are brainwashed beyond all recognition. Would you like to know what the solution to all problems are? Just think of what you aren't allowed to say. That is the solution. The only solution.
    You have 23 posts here, I have no idea who you are...what, you think I am a mind reader?

No, that is what the Regressives claim to do, not reality based guys like me.

I only read the first sentence.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Hmmmmmmmm

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

America is disappearing.

Imagine having a prized Arabian stallion whose lineage, through careful control of his predecessor's breeding and following healthy practices, allows him to be the finest Arabian stallion on earth.

But, because Leftists want their own Arabian stallion to be the best on earth, they take steps to downgrade your horse's diet and training protocols without you getting wise to it.

Then, once you wake up to how the Leftists are tricking you and screwing you and making your prized Arabian stallion just an old fat, out of shape and unhealthy equine, you take steps to turn things around. But when you do, the Leftists charge you with with being cruel to animals and your efforts to save your horse are stalled.

You would welcome someone who could come along and stop this unhealthy situation.

America is the greatest nation in the history of man.

Greatest at almost everything good at one time or another.

Leftists want America to suffer, to be destroyed and/or to become subjects of their Leftist ideology.

There is no ONE boogeyman. There are many boogeymen ideologies all independently and in some cases cooperatively working, for their own advancement, to
    hurt, defeat and capture or destroy US and one or some of them have entered America and succeeded in programming roughly half our population to become Zombies of America's enemy Leftist boogeymen, and the Zombies (Liberals) are excited and dedicated to helping the Leftists degrade our prized country and are too far gone to realize what an awful thing they are doing to the greatest, most noble and wise and generous nation ever.

And then, to seal our doom, referring back to the equine example, the Leftists would use the semen of your prized Arabian stallion to impregnate average (or poorer in health and performance or appearance) horses, so that there would be no possibility of saving what was great about the prized Arabian stallion.

He would be the last of what was once great.

And it happened while we were all watching.

America's kids are being made into Zombies and they will allow America to be made into a bad place to live because they have been programmed and misinformed, under-informed and been programmed to not be curious or act in their own informed self-interest. And after maybe one more generation like this, the greatness of America would be forever dead.

And that is part of what you should understand about his post.
    Show Jack (off) this.