Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Of Speech.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Freedom of speech means that you don't get arrested for speaking your mind and expressing your views.

It does NOT means that you're entitled to access somebody else's forum.

People who own a particular medium can allow or disallow whatever they choose to access their medium.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Flash (06-11-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    America is disappearing.

Imagine having a prized Arabian stallion whose lineage, through careful control of his predecessor's breeding and following healthy practices, allows him to be the finest Arabian stallion on earth.

But, because Leftists want their own Arabian stallion to be the best on earth, they take steps to downgrade your horse's diet and training protocols without you getting wise to it.

Then, once you wake up to how the Leftists are tricking you and screwing you and making your prized Arabian stallion just an old fat, out of shape and unhealthy equine, you take steps to turn things around. But when you do, the Leftists charge you with with being cruel to animals and your efforts to save your horse are stalled.

You would welcome someone who could come along and stop this unhealthy situation.

America is the greatest nation in the history of man.

Greatest at almost everything good at one time or another.

Leftists want America to suffer, to be destroyed and/or to become subjects of their Leftist ideology.

There is no ONE boogeyman. There are many boogeymen ideologies all independently and in some cases cooperatively working, for their own advancement, to
    hurt, defeat and capture or destroy US and one or some of them have entered America and succeeded in programming roughly half our population to become Zombies of America's enemy Leftist boogeymen, and the Zombies (Liberals) are excited and dedicated to helping the Leftists degrade our prized country and are too far gone to realize what an awful thing they are doing to the greatest, most noble and wise and generous nation ever.

And then, to seal our doom, referring back to the equine example, the Leftists would use the semen of your prized Arabian stallion to impregnate average (or poorer in health and performance or appearance) horses, so that there would be no possibility of saving what was great about the prized Arabian stallion.

He would be the last of what was once great.

And it happened while we were all watching.

America's kids are being made into Zombies and they will allow America to be made into a bad place to live because they have been programmed and misinformed, under-informed and been programmed to not be curious or act in their own informed self-interest. And after maybe one more generation like this, the greatness of America would be forever dead.

And that is part of what you should understand about his post.

All you have said is 'Everything Bad is to be blamed on Leftists/Liberals/Democrats ... and Everything Good is what Conservatives/Right-Wingers stand for'.
    You seem unable to describe what you feel is 'Bad'.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

America as conservative idealists would describe it NEVER existed.
    The original thirteen British colonies were NEVER compatible to form one nation,
    and as a result, the USA was conceived as a divided nation and will eventually die as one.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

goat (06-11-2021)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    All you have said is 'Everything Bad is to be blamed on Leftists/Liberals/Democrats ... and Everything Good is what Conservatives/Right-Wingers stand for'.
    You seem unable to describe what you feel is 'Bad'.
    Yup.

I seem unable to describe what I feel is 'Bad'.

And you shouldn't worry about it if you aren't a US citizen.
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

Trump is mankind's last hope to preserve Liberty.

MAGA

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The original thirteen British colonies were NEVER compatible to form one nation,
    and as a result, the USA was conceived as a divided nation and will eventually die as one.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

indivisible
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

Trump is mankind's last hope to preserve Liberty.

MAGA

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,558 Times in 17,087 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Sedition is not allowed by free speech laws. There are limitations. There have always been limitations. https://www.uscourts.gov/about-feder...rces/what-does

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Sedition is not allowed by free speech laws. There are limitations. There have always been limitations. https://www.uscourts.gov/about-feder...rces/what-does

True, but it is a high bar to prove somebody incited others to commit violent acts. For example, it must be immediate. A person urging violent actions today does not incite anyone to commit those acts tomorrow.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    A very interesting comment. While I admit that as of this moment I do not know what "IA" is ... I can only assume that the "I" implies ignore. But the perplexing thing to me is if " BS just becomes too absurd to read after awhile" ... then what makes it such that after a "period of time" that the posts can be perused again ??? It makes me wonder if deep down inside you miss "their BS" and come back for yet another round.

I too grow weary of some of the mindless posters here at JPP ... but I NEVER put them on any type of ignore. Most of them are so predictable on what they will say (although the precise expletive/vulgarity changes) you know by seeing the SN just exactly what's coming. The problem comes when they actually say something that makes sense ... which unfortunately does not recur very often.
    IA originally stood for "ignore author".

In the interest of actually giving air to all opinions and viewpoints, I generally only put a poster on IA for a month or so in the hopes that whatever immediate animosity they have will give way to actual rational debate. This saves time and space as I scroll through various topics. Some never come out of IA or are continuously put back. That's just my personal take on things.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    That's right. The First Amendment. The rock our government was built upon. Who here believes in it. Nobody? I didn't think so. (And no forum that I ever found allows it) Oh their are people who will practice their universe given right to self deception and say they do. But when it comes right down to it, they don't. But maybe I can change some of your minds with these quotes.

it's as free as you'll find most anywhere.

stop fucking whining.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Interesting. Anything is possible, and given that you still have people bitching about the Civil War coupled with what happened on Jan. 6th, I wouldn't be surprised if another Civil War type action happens in my lifetime.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I love the 1st amendment!
    You love it? Well as I think we both know, that is about 50 miles down a bumpy road from doing something to defend it. I try my best. But it never gets me very far. Maybe with a little help things would be different.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

'Cultmasher'. I think he was some pervert that talked about wanting Phantasmal to tie him up and spank him with a Ping Pong Paddle. (?)
    How you must hate freedom of speech. But let me guess, you support George Floyd. A worthless humanzee who spent time in prison for his involvement in a home invasion where a pregnant woman was beaten. (I don't know if he did the beating) He also was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 dollar bill. He resisted arrest. He was high on meth and fentanyl. He spit other drugs out in the back of the cop car. And there was no way in hell that officer Chauvin having one of his knees on Floyd's neck could have prevented him from breathing. And after just one minute of being restrained, an ambulance was called for him. What else would you expect. For the cop to suck Floyd's dick? Oh oh. There I go again practicing freedom of speech. (And truth) I should be banned at any moment now.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hmmm ... so 'Cultmasher' was the guy that wanted Mason to shit in his mouth while he fondled the balls of a Dog?
    Jack, there is a word missing from your username after "jack." The word is "off."

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Yes, yes....but as I always say, the right to freedom of speech does NOT make one immune from the consequences of that speech. This is why we have such laws against slander and inciting to riot.
    I only speak the absolute truth. A truth the that I can defend to anybody's satisfaction. That is what gets me into trouble. They have nowhere to hide when their beliefs are crushed. But all they have to do is report to the moderators. Then the truthful person goes away. And oh how the cockroaches come crawling out from underneath the woodwork when that happens. To have their say with no challenge to it.
    Last edited by Vlad; 06-11-2021 at 07:06 PM.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    That's right. The First Amendment. The rock our government was built upon. Who here believes in it. Nobody? I didn't think so. (And no forum that I ever found allows it) Oh their are people who will practice their universe given right to self deception and say they do. But when it comes right down to it, they don't. But maybe I can change some of your minds with these quotes.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...edom-Of-Speech

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...-Speech-Thread