Thread: Current situation at restaurants

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    If they don't deserve a "living wage" then don't expect them to apply for employment.

Today's youth and low income workers are much different from when we were in our youth; they won't work for crumbs and there is a stigma attached to being described as a "burger flipper" so you have to make it attractive in some way. Btw not all jobs are burger flippers; there are other jobs in the service industry which require certain skills aside from flipping burgers. There is an old saying: "you get what you pay for" you pay garbage wages, you get the same level of service and reliability from the work force.
    All too often, and I mean way too often, todays youth are sure that they are too good for the job, the work is beneath them, and more money changes almost nothing about that.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    All too often, and I mean way too often, todays youth are sure that they are too good for the job, the work is beneath them, and more money changes almost nothing about that.
    I suppose you could make that argument but right now if they improved wages and no one applied, at least they didn't lose anything monetarily. I've spoken with some young people (some are college grads) where I live and they are adamant that they will not work for minimum wage or wages they consider to be inferior. Some of the low income jobs where I live are taken up by seniors looking to supplement their social security since many of them can barely live off of it as it is.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Post:

Micawber (06-14-2021)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I suppose you could make that argument but right now if they improved wages and no one applied, at least they didn't lose anything monetarily. I've spoken with some young people (some are college grads) where I live and they are adamant that they will not work for minimum wage or wages they consider to be inferior. Some of the low income jobs where I live are taken up by seniors looking to supplement their social security since many of them can barely live off of it as it is.
    Its not the end of the story....raise wages and you will get some who will take the job, but these people who are sure that the work is beneath them will simply put in the time as they were taught in our broken schools, and they will be filled with rage when they are told that they are not doing the job well enough to stay.

This is the recipe for making terrorists.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

If they don't deserve a "living wage" then don't expect them to apply for employment.

Today's youth and low income workers are much different from when we were in our youth; they won't work for crumbs and there is a stigma attached to being described as a "burger flipper" so you have to make it attractive in some way. Btw not all jobs are burger flippers; there are other jobs in the service industry which require certain skills aside from flipping burgers. There is an old saying: "you get what you pay for" you pay garbage wages, you get the same level of service and reliability from the work force.
    OH STFU. They need to earn gas, insurance, beer, and food money. As Hawkeye pointed out: They need to learn some work ethic as well.

I made it at 19 working out of the labor pool, which is worse and harder than McDonalds.

We were always the 2nd ones there, right behind the guy that camped on their step the night before.

I started working at 15.

Also I find it hard to believe anyone but a millenial would be spouting that "living wage" horseshit.

You want wages to rise? Get rid of illegals.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 06-13-2021 at 07:00 AM.

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Or they take two jobs, or gig work, or something else to get there like they do now.

Then they can starve. Too bad for them. You shouldn't expect to be paid like a CEO to dig ditches--to use the classic example.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-13-2021)

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

That's their problem. Not anyone else's. They need to learn that sometimes you do what you have to to make it.

And they are NOT making it.

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    OH STFU. They need to earn gas, insurance, beer, and food money. As Hawkeye pointed out: They need to learn some work ethic as well.

I made it at 19 working out of the labor pool, which is worse and harder than McDonalds.

We were always the 2nd ones there, right behind the guy that camped on their step the night before.

I started working at 15.

Also I find it hard to believe anyone but a millenial would be spouting that "living wage" horseshit.

You want wages to rise? Get rid of illegals.

Guess what? your theory belongs in the toilet because food/service industry is whining no one wants to work, yet you sit here complaining they should. What are you going to do? Force them at gunpoint to turn burgers? Good luck getting rid of illegals; as long as penny pinching American businessmen continue to hire them in order to save a few pennies, nothing is going to change. Let's get with the program old timer.

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Guess what? your theory belongs in the toilet because food/service industry is whining no one wants to work, yet you sit here complaining they should. What are you going to do? Force them at gunpoint to turn burgers? Good luck getting rid of illegals; as long as penny pinching American businessmen continue to hire them in order to save a few pennies, nothing is going to change. Let's get with the program old timer.
    Turning off the ability to sit at home doing nothing would be a start of doing something about the problem of folks being unwilling to work.

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Or they take two jobs, or gig work, or something else to get there like they do now.

Then they can starve. Too bad for them. You shouldn't expect to be paid like a CEO to dig ditches--to use the classic example.
    They won't starve; that is a pipe dream at best. They'll simply go on welfare and food assistance plans. No one is asking them to be paid a million dollars per year, you want that ditch dug, then just pay them a living wage with decent benefits and working conditions; how is that being unreasonable? No one should have to work 60 hours per week in order to survive.

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They won't starve; that is a pipe dream at best. They'll simply go on welfare and food assistance plans. No one is asking them to be paid a million dollars per year, you want that ditch dug, then just pay them a living wage with decent benefits and working conditions; how is that being unreasonable? No one should have to work 60 hours per week in order to survive.
    Those who work are are chumps so many now think.

That's a Big MotherFucking Problem!

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Turning off the ability to sit at home doing nothing would be a start of doing something about the problem of folks being unwilling to work.
    How do you propose to accomplish this?

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How do you propose to accomplish this?
    Tough Love...No Works, then NO EATS!

Everybody can do something to help pull, to help out....if they are not willing then fuck em...I say let them starve.

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tough Love...No Works, then NO EATS!

Everybody can do something to help pull, to help out....if they are not willing then fuck em...I say let them starve.
    That's great except that's not going to happen. If denied welfare or assistance (which is almost unlikely since there are many volunteer kitchens who'll feed them) in order to survive, they'll resort to petty crimes in order to eat. Either way there is no clear winner on either side on this. Better for businesses to man up, pay a living wage, etc and hire the best who apply for employment, otherwise nothing will change from what it is currently.

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's great except that's not going to happen. If denied welfare or assistance (which is almost unlikely since there are many volunteer kitchens who'll feed them) in order to survive, they'll resort to petty crimes in order to eat. Either way there is no clear winner on either side on this. Better for businesses to man up, pay a living wage, etc and hire the best who apply for employment, otherwise nothing will change from what it is currently.
    Of course it wont yet, the Victim Culture Cult has been rotting out this society for over 50 years.

America's standard of living is about to collapse however, Big Pain will fix America, eventually.

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course it wont yet, the Victim Culture Cult has been rotting out this society for over 50 years.

America's standard of living is about to collapse however, Big Pain will fix America, eventually.
    If that's the case then only time will tell.